What's new

China-India Geopolitics: News & Discussions

Currently, with similar population, India only have 1/5 of China's GDP, it is also the facts.

10 years ago China's GDP was similar to where we are now, 30 years ago China's GDP was nothing to speak about, even today it is half of US's, and now China's economy is slowing down and most likely it is heading for a major crash...such short term GDP means nothing, especially when one country starts behaving like an imperialist.

That is true. But Russia would gain more to be neutral in this fight, think about it. They can sell weapons to both sides ( More so to India because as you said China is pretty self-sufficient with their defense industry) and can also help try to mediate between the two sides, and eventually help bring the tension to a close ( This would be good PR because in the West, Russia is kind of viewed as a war-mongering country, and doing this would give off the image that they are commited to peace), if Russia clearly sided with China they would lose a significant amount of money because India would no longer buy Russian military hardware and would buy solely from the West, and the purchase of Russian military hardware from India makes them a lot of money.
My friend, Money is important, but not that important than survival. Do you ever remember that oil deal, China with Russia: 270 billions dollors. Can India buy as much weapon as that? I just want to say, China is also extremely important to Russia, they will chose to be neutral.
I hope the war will be limit to border clash. Then the positions will find a easy way to end it.

Last edited:
All I can see here is your blind comments with zero understanding

You have no clue about geopolitics, its a ruthless world out there. you were lead into a very bad situation by yanks and now you have to deal with it. Everyone know how India foolishly created this issue right after Modi visit to America. Only jahil and ignorant cannot read the situation.

My friend, Money is important, but not that important than survival. Do you ever remember that oild deal, China with Russia: 270 billions dollors. Can India buy as much weapon as that? I just want to say, China is also extremely important to Russia, they will chose to be neutral.
I hope the war will be limit to border clash. Then the positions will find a easy way to end it.
I hope there is not even a border clash, I like China :(

You have no clue about geopolitics, its a ruthless world out there. you were lead into a very bad situation by yanks and now you have to deal with it. Everyone know how India foolishly created this issue right after Modi visit to America. Only jahil and ignorant cannot read the situation.
We are absolutely capable to take care of the situation ourselfs with out any outside help.we dint start this hoping someone will come and support us.
What is foolish in it,you might allow China build in disputed territory.we won't , specially the area concerns us.regarding international support ,we managed to isolate China in NSG.we got the support of almost all the other countries .

10 years ago China's GDP was similar to where we are now, 30 years ago China's GDP was nothing to speak about, even today it is half of US's, and now China's economy is slowing down and most likely it is heading for a major crash...such short term GDP means nothing, especially when one country starts behaving like an imperialist.
Media always try to tell the people they want you know. Maybe they facts is the one you choice to believe. Chinese are not as bad as you think.
China is just absence for 100 years. In other thousands years, China was power for sure,Nobody can deny that. China is just coming back to the position he deserves. Yes, It's not just in 30 years, we sacrifices two generates happiness to build a solid backgroud for the youngs. It's not that easy as you think.
India for sure, may have the potential like us, so please focus on that. Prove it.

International backing == bhutan

India moved troops because of the fear or as usual unwarranted concerns that china can capture India's neck (siliguri corridor).
although siliguri corridor is miles far away from the actual construction of a road. that cant be captured until there wouldn't be full conventional war. because Siliguri Corridor is being protected by difficult terrains, rivers that make sure the safety of both side naturally.

India is saying it is our move to save our sovereignty and that's why Indian chest thumping is going on all over India that India stopped a road construction and saved her sovereignty.

To stop construction of a road and call it saving your sovereignty is totally insane.

To save Bhutan's soverignity. We are responsible. China should pick up better neighbours to stir up disputes. Like India and Japan. Not bully small countries.

GDP is just a number game. 10 years ago "made in China" was already everywhere. Where is "made in India" now? Stop fooling yourselves with number games.

But ... but... the Chinese have been subject to colonizations by almost every major country on Earth!

Brits, French, Japanese, Mongols etc etc.

Even the Germans managed to occupy land and defend it in the Chinese heartland!!! And then the then Chinese Govt. had to take help of other nations to evict them!!!

Heck, even the Portuguese colonized Macau till a few years back.
You dont' know the facts. None of them conquered us successful. At any time, we never lost all the lands.
That why we call that hsitory as half-colonization. We never stop the struggle to push them out. We declared a war with the world in 1900. In 1952, we even started a war with the UN. Show some respect to the great nation, no other nation can do that.
Tell me, do India do the same thing as us to push British out?
Taiwan is still under civil war with us. And most the world deny Taiwan as a nation include India. Soon or later, it will come back. Don't doubt that, I already give a reason in previous thread. If you feel interesting, you can find it.

Last edited:
You dont' know the facts. None of them conquer us successful. At any time, we never lost all the lands.
That why we call that hsitory as half-colonization. We never stop the struggle to push them out. We declare a war with the world in 1900. In 1952, we even start a war with the UN. Show some respect to the great nation, no other nation can do that. Tell me, do India do the same thing as us.
Taiwan is still under civil war with us. And most the world deny Taiwan as a nation include India. Soon or later, it will come back. Don't doubt that, I already give a reason in previous thread. You can find it.
Of course.

If you change the definition, even India was never entirely colonized either. :D

republic of china made the qing dynasty sign a treaty
So?

Who gave the Qing the divine right to rule?

Who gave the CCCP the right to overthrow RoC either?

We all know - might makes right. That's what happened. Pure and simple. :)

But ... but... the Chinese have been subject to colonizations by almost every major country on Earth!

Brits, French, Japanese, Mongols etc etc.

Even the Germans managed to occupy land and defend it in the Chinese heartland!!! And then the then Chinese Govt. had to take help of other nations to evict them!!!

Heck, even the Portuguese colonized Macau till a few years back.
the french lost alsacs lorraine and became vichy france, germany had its territory divided in ww1 and occupied in ww2. Soviets lost half of the union before pushing back. are these the same as the british raj?

i dont deny china did suffer defeats and did lose territory, but to compare china and india here is like comparing a knife wound to the arm to a gun shot to the back of the head.

China was largely in tact throughout is just a fact, if you are going to bring the mongols and the manchus into this, just know they are part of china now. As a study of world history, this has happened in every territory possible. india is unfortunately different in this case as it is a colony and the british never became indian.

Actully, I like India too. I had been to India for business trip few years ago, and stayed there for few months. I do know some Indian, they are kind guys, not like guys in this forum.:)

Haha, I think its only natural on a forum like this especially, but also online that people from rival countries will be assholes to each other, especially in light of this tension between India and China. I'm sure almost everyone on this forum is a nice person in real life, just online they have a different personality

Of course.

If you change the definition, even India was never entirely colonized either. :D

So?

Who gave the Qing the divine right to rule?

Who gave the CCCP the right to overthrow RoC either?

We all know - might makes right. That's what happened. Pure and simple. :)
i can tell you how all this works, but looks like you are not interested in that. so lets just call it. i get it, in any comparison against china india is at a severe disadvantage, not just historically, but also now. however none of these problems were caused by us. look at yourself and improve, or distort reality whatever works for you.

Back
Top Bottom