What's new

China Hong Kong SAR: News and Images

China should do the following things:

1. Declare that after 2047, Hong Kong will be a normal part of China, given equal status to cities like Shanghai, Beijing.
2. For the remaining 30 years, keep taking gradual steps to integrate Hong Kong into China, like first stopping this bull shit of Hong Kong having an Olympics team. Then proceed to implementing national security laws, handling immigration etc.

When China agreed to 50 years unchanged after the handover, you think China is joking? After 2047 change is gonna happen so your advice of what China should do is pretty much a waste of energy because every Chinese know after 2047 things will be different in that city. China, HK government, HK law enforcers, patriotic HK people will make sure those NGO, disgusting British and American troublemakers shall never succeed. They underestimated the patriotic mentality of Chinese people. Those NGO can keep on spending money bribing some "influential" brainwashed Hongkongers but they will never achieve separatism. The biggest riot which lasted for 3 months didn't achieve a thing, that shows how strong the rule of law is.

When China agreed to 50 years unchanged after the handover, you think China is joking? After 2047 change is gonna happen so your advice of what China should do is pretty much a waste of energy because every Chinese know after 2047 things will be different in that city. China, HK government, HK law enforcers, patriotic HK people will make sure those NGO, disgusting British and American troublemakers shall never succeed. They underestimated the patriotic mentality of Chinese people. Those NGO can keep on spending money bribing some "influential" brainwashed Hongkongers but they will never achieve separatism. The biggest riot which lasted for 3 months didn't achieve a thing, that shows how strong the rule of law is.

Actually try to read the polls on the opinion of young Hong Kongers, and you will be very very worried.

Also, I am worried that China may extend the current arrangement in various forms after 2047. This would be very worrying.

Mainland got too much cards in their hand. HK is not going away. By improving the standard of Pearl River Delta region, HK status will reduce significantly as mainland will get stronger day by day, more HK people will go mainland for whatever opportunity.
Young people are more naive. When they grow older and kind of understand how reality work, they will love the country back. If u live overseas, you will notice many mainland Chinese still love the country (although generally Chinese not really into politic). Young people mostly got nothing to loss.

Overconfidence is a recipe of disaster.

Till now, I'm seeing no spine in leadership in China, to try to stop the movement of Hong Kong away from China.

Mainland got too much cards in their hand. HK is not going away. By improving the standard of Pearl River Delta region, HK status will reduce significantly as mainland will get stronger day by day, more HK people will go mainland for whatever opportunity.
Young people are more naive. When they grow older and kind of understand how reality work, they will love the country back. If u live overseas, you will notice many mainland Chinese still love the country (although generally Chinese not really into politic). Young people mostly got nothing to loss.

Having too many cards means jack shit, if you don't have the ability or will to use them.

Just when is China going to show some spine and take some control over HK?

The worst I feel is when random white people come in HK, and after some years, start advocating for HK independence.

National Security Law should be strictly implemented in HK.

You guys are so clueless. :lol:

China already took control of our city during the Handover in 1997, I remember because I was there with my entire family (though I was too young to remember very much).

There is no possibility of HK independence, that's simply not a practical reality. Hong Kong was never a country, our country has always been China.

Actually try to read the polls on the opinion of young Hong Kongers, and you will be very very worried.

Also, I am worried that China may extend the current arrangement in various forms after 2047. This would be very worrying.

First of all how on earth will Hong Kong become independent ? Its an impossibility. Gosh, you give these western NGOs and pro-independent too much credit.
Those pro-independent will just continue to piss off more and more people.

And...young people WILL grow old. China just need to be calm and consistent.

You guys are so clueless. :lol:

China already took control of our city during the Handover in 1997, I remember because I was there with my entire family (though I was too young to remember very much).

There is no possibility of HK independence, that's simply not a practical reality. Hong Kong was never a country, our country has always been China.
In PDF New member registration, if you scroll down to the flag of Hong Kong, it says this, "Hong Kong, Province of China". :D

Young people are more naive. When they grow older and kind of understand how reality work, they will love the country back. If u live overseas, you will notice many mainland Chinese still love the country (although generally
Chinese not really into politic). Young people mostly got nothing to loss.

Well said, I don't worry about that too much. People won't stay young and naive forever, once they realized their actions have consequence, they will change. Of course, there will be people who are paid to cause trouble, but the rest will go back to their normal life. Even I doubt there will be another occupy movement, since many people have woken up realizing how badly they had been used, especially most people who participated in the occupy movement, are only unsatisfied with our government policy, but not to advocate HK independence. Not to mention, nothing has been gained but economic loss since the occupy movement. Many business gone broke and people got fired. General public opinion are against them, since their actions were not only occupy street which greatly affect the normal life of people live there but also violence against police and civilians, including fire fighters and reporters.

Back
Top Bottom