What's new

China Hong Kong SAR: News and Images

Regarding the American boycott on Monsanto, rumors has it that this boycott was orchestrated by China. :rolleyes1:

I wish your statement is true that we now have the power to manipulate America.
There are also similar movements like in S America, India etc. Is China orchestrating all these?

Thank you for letting me know your view @Nan Yang. If people are happy with their government then there is no need for change.

Yes that is true for Hong Kong.

However there will always be people that uses the freedom in Hong Kong to manipulate popular opinion. And there are always young ignorant people available to be manipulated. It is easy to shout freedom. Its cut and dry. Who do not want freedom.

Using an incident, they start with demonstrations. Then they will always try to provoke the police. And when Police reply with any force they will use these incidents to further manipulate public opinion in their favor. The more violence they provoke, the more they can manipulate public opinion. Violence begets violence. Hate begets hate. Public becomes polarized.

In the end, it’s not about democracy or about the interest of the country. It’s about regime change. Each side will topple the existing government. The interest of the country or the economy is thrown out off the window. Each side will blame the other.

This is what happen in Thailand and Taiwan. I see Hong Kong going down this path.

There are gangs and violence in this world. You fix one another takes its place. It is an ongoing battle for police. Sometimes mistake happens. We are all just human.

As for the case you presented. It was resolved. The officer was removed from his position. Protester made their point. They showed that unity is power.
Ferguson police chief apologizes over black teen's shooting - Yahoo News

I never said Democracy is God, but it is the only system present that helps protect the people in such within the rules of law and limits the power of government officials. Changes takes time. I am not trying to advocate democracy. I am just defending it. Government officials are not born with the abilities to read our minds. How would they know what we need without asking us or by us telling them? Changes don't happen immediately with protest. It take months or years. There is a process that takes place.

Please read factor effecting democracy in India in the link provided below. I am not that good with India's politics.
Democracy in India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think I will stop here. I don't want us to argue over this. Please feel free to ask me anything you like.

Thank you for taking your time out to reply.

Best Regards.

bro, i see too often in western countries where something is done and than an apology is issued out. everything is fine again. an apology are just words. the black teen is still dead. killing someone, making racist comments on TV is something i do not accept as apology. you should not either.

As I understand it, the core complaint is that the mainland getting richer has led to mainlanders moving into/visiting HK. The new money coming into town causes upward pressure on rent, and downward pressure on wages. So, the HK locals are hoping to restrict the flow somewhat. What exactly they are proposing seems a bit vague - at the moment it's just "let us pick our own leaders (so they can restrict the flow)". But, my understanding could be flawed.
Because the rapid development of the mainland kills their self-confidence.

bro, i see too often in western countries where something is done and than an apology is issued out. everything is fine again. an apology are just words. the black teen is still dead. killing someone, making racist comments on TV is something i do not accept as apology. you should not either.
Wilson has been placed on administrative leave pending an investigation.
gmo will still be prevalent in society. Monsanto stock is $110/share. ten million can march against big corporations but will fail.
They produce the product. It is your money, your craving. You choose how and where to spend your money.

I must say Monsanto is not good in the aspect of spin control.

Tons of trash removed by the police in HK

Hong Kong police remove blockades erected by Occupy Central students at a protest site in the bustling area of Mong Kok, Hong Kong on October 17, 2014. From around 5:00 in the morning, more than 100 Hong Kong police officers started a surprise raid in the area when a handful of stay-in Occupy protesters were still sleeping. :lazy2: The police removed tents, bamboo and other makeshift barricades before the protesters could make any resistance. [Photo: China News Service/ Tan Daming]

73ab2d8c7dbf4aae8f543884d68b6f5a.jpg

ff621626ee8b4f42b856d7715332845c.jpg

50ae977604a94c908a109adccd4ecde3.jpg

2189ab08ade14f458aa27d4d9ecb803c.jpg

50f5681667d84e4190a8b2f8e26f001e.jpg

f17e54c5c5bb4d1da3ecec4db07fd681.jpg

d08a086755844ebb952e014e43f12c52.jpg

Last edited:
Illegal protest go on, they are practising ‘democracy’. Learn something from US cops, HK police.

The protestors had damaged the image of legal society of HK though cops try to maintain it.

What I hate them is that they violated other people's rights when they are asking for rights. Ridiculous! Who give them the right? It turn to be an anti-society action.

The protestors will be losers at last as far as I can see.

Hong Kong Protest Pro Democracy Protesters Clash With Pro Government Supporters on Streets

Back
Top Bottom