What's new

China Hong Kong SAR: News and Images

VCP also fear about the same trend. But we love it.
Vietnam congress is studying the chance to let the protest right release.

Wow, congrat, you just call your fellow country men as weakling. To hear that from somebody who call themselves as a patriot. This is the funniest comment I ever hear. Don't you ever realize that you just denouncing your own people in the front of an international community? Plus, southerner won't like your post. So that comment is basically can become a seed of friction. Well, congrat for that. Hopefully you can be more clever when commenting people. It is your country that people are seeing. lol

I say the people from HK and Shanghai are generally weak minded.

I am from Shanghai by myself, but sadly most men in my hometown are effeminated, this is the truth.

The movement is legal. Or the govt is powerless. or both

Hunan also has a lot of mixture with the southern aborigines, especially its southern part is heavily mixed with Cantonese.

However those are later on, after the Qin Dynasty, and even then, most of Hunan is closely related to Hubei, which is mostly 中原 especially near 麻城,襄阳,etc.

However those are later on, after the Qin Dynasty, and even then, most of Hunan is closely related to Hubei, which is mostly 中原 especially near 麻城,襄阳,etc.

Are you from Hunan?

From my personal observation, the northern part of Hunan is definitely not very southern looking, but it is not truly northern looking either. It is middle looking, similar to many Shanghainese.

The Xiang people are a mixture between Huaxia colonizers and the Hmong-Mien folks, similar to the Wu speaking people from the Yangzi River Delta.

You talk about unity, you think southerners don't care about unity? Those HK have too much influence from westerners and you blame the entire southern chinese. That kind of speech are for people who want to break China apart.

Read my early post, I didn't blame the South Chinese.

The "southernized" Chinese in my context means the liberal Chinese.

But I didn't say all South Chinese are liberals.

There is a saying that southerners have more Han because of the Mongolian conquest which push the population southward. Then they have the Qing Dynasty where Manchus migrated southward.

Again, the southerners didn't have more Han DNA than the northerners.

The genetic continuation in the Central-North China is always very strong, and they didn't heavily mix with the Mongols and other Altaic tribes.

Ask this to @Grand Historian who is from Taiwan.

Last edited:

襄阳人's dialect, to my opinion, is similar to 河南南阳, they belong to Zhongyuan Mandarin. 襄阳人 don't understand a single word of 武汉话。

I never been to Hunan, but I think 湘语 is different from Hubei 西南官话 and 江淮官话的结合。

襄阳人's dialect, to my opinion, is similar to 河南南阳, they belong to Zhongyuan Mandarin. 襄阳人 don't understand a single word of 武汉话。

I never been to Hunan, but I think 湘语 is different from Hubei 西南官话 and 江淮官话的结合。

The Southern Henan is definitely closely related to Hubei, which is historically Chu with a heavy Hmong-Mien substrate.

Only the Northern Henan is purely North Chinese.

The Xiang dialect is closely related to the Wu dialect, and 江淮官话 is a hybrid dialect between 吴语 and 华北官话.

don't know what to say, seems that you divide your own people into two conflicting groups, for a supporter of china like you is this a little bit confusing to others?

he talked about martial spirit which is present in northern chinese.
he also talked about financial talents which came from southern chinese
both are interdependent components substituting each other

without northern chinese, nobody would take china seriously
without them, everybody would invade you
they are there for your security and freedom
they are the protectors of china
while southern chinese are builders

both people have their due share of contributions
so he is not against southern chinese
he is not dividing any people
he is trying to make an understanding

both a man and a woman make a family
woman is as much important as the man is
together they create life
men from north alone could not have built china without women from south

in the world, everywhere, martial spirit lies in the people who live the north
north conquers the south
the dna of martial race always came from the north everywhere

The Southern Henan is definitely close to Hubei, which is historically Chu with a heavy Hmong-Mien substrate.

Only the Northern Henan is purely North Chinese.

The Xiang dialect is closely related to the Wu dialect, and 江淮官话 is a hybrid dialect between 吴语 and 华北官话.

True. We all know culturally Yangtze River is the border of North and South China, but geographically it‘s 秦岭淮河一线 the real border. Henan is divided by Huai River and Yellow River. The gap of living habbit is quite huge. There is one city 信阳 south of Huai River. They mainly eat rice, they seldom eat noodles. But the most strange thing is that, once you cross the Huai River to the north, the local people immediatelly become 面食者。The Huai River is really magic. We 郑州人 don't understand their language. Most of 信阳人 come to 武汉 for living or shopping, because they are more culturally close, and only 170 km far, while to 郑州,it's more than 300km。Some 信阳人 are more close to 安徽。They also speak江淮官话。

Are you from Hunan?

From my personal observation, the northern part of Hunan is definitely not very southern looking, but it is not truly northern looking either. It is middle looking, similar to many Shanghainese.

The Xiang people are a mixture between Huaxia colonizers and the Hmong-Mien folks, similar to the Wu speaking people from the Yangzi River Delta.
Bro, I am from Hunan. It's very complicated to talk about hunan people. In the history, the people structure has heavy effect with Yan Di and Chiyou tribes. First, you know Yan Di Ling is located at Yanling county, zhuzhou city. Second, after Chiyou tribes were defeated by Huang Di and Yan Di alliance. The descendants migrated from 中原 to 长江中游 and they were called 三苗,九黎. And Shun Di died in 湖南永州. In the 春秋 times, Hunan belong to Chu Kingdom and the northern/eastern Hunan especially nowadays 长株潭 had built city to control the land. In Qin/Han dynasty, Changsha county was an very important city in south China. In Song dynasty, northern Han migrate to 江浙两广湘赣 to avoid war and they were. called 客家人. That's why there are 客家人 in Hunan today. In Song/Yuan, Yuan/Ming, Ming/Qing, Qing/Mingguo period especially the war break and one dynasty was replacing another, many many hunan people died. There are many people immigrate from 江西, that's why today we still call them 江西老表. In Qing dynasty we also experienced 湖广填四川, that's mean Hunan people also emigrated to 四川. Mao Zedong's anscestors moved to Hunan from 江西吉安 in Ming dynasty.
All in all, Hunan people have complicated mixture.
As for culture, 湖湘文化(儒家亚文化) was effected by 宋代理学(周敦颐) and founded by 闽人 胡安国父子.

Last edited:
True. We all know culturally Yangtze River is the border of North and South China, but geographically it‘s 秦岭淮河一线 the real border. Henan is divided by Huai River and Yellow River. The gap of living habbit is quite huge. There is one city 信阳 south of Huai River. They mainly eat rice, they seldom eat noodles. But the most strange thing is that, once you cross the Huai River to the north, the local people immediatelly become 面食者。The Huai River is really magic. We 郑州人 don't understand their language. Most of 信阳人 come to 武汉 for living or shopping, because they are more culturally close, and only 170 km far, while to 郑州,it's more than 300km。Some 信阳人 are more close to 安徽。They also speak江淮官话。

My grandmother (奶奶) came from 泰州, the hometown of Hu Jintao.

She is 170cm tall and looks close to North Chinese, but culturally she is South Chinese, and she ate 馄饨, not 饺子.

The speakers of 江淮官话 often face a confusion about their identity of being North Chinese or South Chinese.

Are you from Hunan?

I am from Hubei. Lots of friends from Hunan. Very proud of my home province being the home of Chinese subs, 2nd largest steel company and multiple top tier universities - 1/6th of all residents in Wuhan are college students.

One coward is coward,a bunch of cowards are still cowards .one sheep is the food of wolf,a crowed of sheep are still the food of wolves.Unity won't make you strong unless everyone is brave.Numbers don't matters that much.

more northern chinese should migrate to the south while the southern chinese should migrate to the west, thus a proper demographic plan should be implemented. southern chinese borders are unsafe and if northern chinese migrate there, it will be secured

i can even distinguish chinese members here and say who is from north and who is from south by reading their posts because bravery is reflected in their respective posts

i think, cirr is a northern chinese

Back
Top Bottom