What's new

China HKSAR Police Special Duties Unit

Shotgunner51

RETIRED INTL MOD
Reaction score
Country
China
A SDU (Special Duties Unit; A paramilitary tactical unit of the police) demo during Opening day of Hong Kong Police College on 1st January 2015:

20160111040157741.jpg
123.png
20160111040156271.jpg
128615353_14524754466851n.jpg
128615353_14524754519341n.jpg

Last edited:
They have a lot more budget for personal gear than most SWAT teams or special forces units in China. The PLA HK garrison recon unit has exchanges with them.

why the rifle has red thing on it's front?

You mean this??

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blank-firing_adaptor

That's a rifle cap, the red thing is a cap to plug the barrel so when the rifle fire a blank it will have enough recoil to push back the bolt and chamber another round for semi automatics action.

SIG516 (The rifle used by SDU) uses a close bolt, which if the barrel was not sealed the recoil will be dissipated from the tip of the barrel, which when fired with a FMJ, the projectile act as the plug, the bolt will be half cocked.

In layman term, the red cap is used so the rifle would work firing blanks.

Hong Kong "Counter Terrorism Response Unit"(CTRU) 反恐特勤队 conducting "Anti-terrorism exercise"
I know there are ASU (Airport Security Unit) and of course the SDU (Special Duties Unit) under PTU (Police Tactical Unit), I guess CTRU is a quite new unit right? What's their role as opposed to other units? Anyway welcome to share more pics of ASU, PTU, SDU or CTRU.

I know there are ASU (Airport Security Unit) and of course the SDU (Special Duties Unit) under PTU (Police Tactical Unit), I guess CTRU is a quite new unit right? What's their role as opposed to other units? Anyway welcome to share more pics of ASU, PTU, SDU or CTRU.

CTRU (Counter Terrorist Response Unit) was formed in Hong Kong in 2006, it was formed under Counter Terrorism and Internal Security (CTIS) Division, which is under B Department (Crime and Security), SDU is under Police Tactical Unit of A Department (Operational Bureau)

CTRU specialize in high risk operational target (Embassy, Financial and Security Centre) and was trained to provide security assistance and patrol of said High Risk Area, which its goal is to provide direct support and prevent threat. SDU and PTU is on the other hand is a direct action element, which deployed as a reaction force. While both CTRU and SDU are trained in CT Operation, CTRU is trained on other preventive measure (such as intelligence/information control, and aggressive patrol) SDU trained to deal with action directly related to the crisis, also SDU also highly specialized in Hostage Recovery. Which is one of the original goal for the unit.

Last edited:
CTRU (Counter Terrorist Response Unit) was formed in Hong Kong in 2006, it was formed under Counter Terrorism and Internal Security (CTIS) Division, which is under B Department (Crime and Security), SDU is under Police Tactical Unit of A Department (Operational Bureau)

CTRU specialize in high risk operational target (Embassy, Financial and Security Centre) and was trained to provide security assistance and patrol of said High Risk Area, which its goal is to provide direct support and prevent threat. SDU and PTU is on the other hand is a direct action element, which deployed as a reaction force. While both CTRU and SDU are trained in CT Operation, CTRU is trained on other preventive measure (such as intelligence/information control, and aggressive patrol) SDU trained to deal with action directly related to the crisis, also SDU also highly specialized in Hostage Recovery. Which is one of the original goal for the unit.
I see, so roles of CTRU is quite different from SDU. I also notice in the pics CTRU uses MP-5 like PTU or ASU, but SDU uses different weapons (in pic below), why is that? How about the SDU Water Team (nickname "水鬼队")? Hardly find any pic on the web to see what equipment they are using.

zMWsQOb.jpg

Back
Top Bottom