What's new

China Hints at Economic Costs After India Deploys Tanks, Troops to Border

China Hints at Economic Costs After India Deploys Tanks, Troops to Border

After India mobilized tanks to the Chinese border, Beijing has warned that the move could threaten potential investment opportunities.
On Wednesday, reports surfaced that New Delhi deployed nearly 100 Russian-made T-72 tanks to the Chinese border, in the northern region of Ladakh. Indian military officials cite a Chinese buildup on its side of the border as necessitating the move.

On Thursday, China’s Ministry of Commerce warned against the provocation, arguing that Beijing may rethink its Indian investment strategy.

According to Global Times, China’s outbound investments have increased dramatically in the first half of this year, up approximately 59%.

"In this regard, a great number of Chinese firms, including smartphone manufacturer Xiaomi and PC computer maker Lenovo, have turned their eyes toward India," Global Times reports.

Beijing’s increased exports coincide with New Delhi’s need to meet rising import demands. Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi has been working to attract overseas firms.

"In order for that possibility to become a reality, both China and India will need to work hard to clear up misunderstandings in a bid to lay a solid foundation for the sustainable development of economic and trade cooperation."

Tensions have been building between Beijing and New Delhi in recent months. In the midst of the South China Sea dispute, the Indian Navy deployed three vessels to conduct joint military exercises with Malaysia.

In Nepal, Prime Minister Khadga Prasad Sharma Oli has expressed an interest in working more closely with the Chinese government, a move that has irked India.

http://sputniknews.com/asia/20160721/1043426457/india-tanks-china-economic-consequences.html
wow economic costs , laughable comment by chinese ministry of commerce . will hit her hard this time ( eager to see aggressive china now and the repercussions ). i bet as chinese economy is in serious trouble , moreover everyone on 微信 is always asking for money 90 % of then want money and are in distress and panic because of financial constraints . godbless communist party !

Why just hint oh almighty China !!!
Stop it :rofl:

I dare you to cut the economic trade with india. Better stop not just cut !!!!!

Let's see where you get the market for the goods you produce.

My good wishes to you
moreover , they dont know the consequences this time " andar jayega inke , dhunni tak asar hoga aab ki baar , papa modi bethe hain mooonmohan nahi seat pe " ignorance and the big balls of hernia actually scrotal hernia showing impatience !

is this a temptation to attract Chinese investment? :rofl:
Are all Chinese like you? Short on the grey matter. If so, then we would surely surpass your country soon enough.

I stated a fact - the market is huge, whether or not you find it tempt worthy is your own call, not mine.

Are all Chinese like you? Short on the grey matter. If so, then we would surely surpass your country soon enough.

I stated a fact - the market is huge, whether or not you find it tempt worthy is your own call, not mine.

Don't get me wrong I'm sure for cooperation with India, if your country is good to be invested , why not?

Indian fdi is pouring in from USA Europe Japan and South Korea
I believe over $40!billion per year soon doubling this as India gdp powers to third largest in the world,by 2030!

China can invest India smaller neighbour their close ally.

No sleep lost in New Delhi

Good.

That means its Time to Deploy More Tanks on the China Border.

Wow!!!

Just two points:

1. The deployment was posted by me in March as part of airlift by the C17s. Its an old news. Its part of the new raising of armoured brigade under the newly raised mountain strike corps. The process started way back in 2010 when the 7th Cavalry was tasked with inducting tanks into the area. This is the same regiment which was involved in Zoji-La in 1947-48. So the Chinese reaction is in response to Indian media being its usual idiotic self.

2. To those who think that it is easy to ban Chinese goods. First the manufacturing base has to reach the level wherein you can ban. Till then, it is mere rhetoric.

On a side note: The Chinese have the control of Aksai Chin till the area they had claimed pre-1960. It is a factuality today. They proposed recognition of their claims in Aksai Chin (which was largely barren and had contesting claims of suzerainty by Ladakh and Tibet at various points of times and unilateral claim by the Maharaja of J&K and counter-claim by the Chinese after ascendency of Communist to power based on the inheritance of claims of Tibet; all the while not one indian was there save for the transit for trade, nor tax collected or tolls established) in exchange for recognition of Arunachal (the erstwhile South Tibet; which we actually annexed in 1959 and was being governed by Tibetans till then). India acted funny. Fast forward today, now we want the same and the Chinese simply thumb their nose. its a bitter fact, accept it. But also understand that we took a part which was never under us, and they respected us for that prior to 1962. The defeat in 1962 has changed that.

probably that's what Indians can afford :lol:

Lol you think China don't have option to reply with same tilt for Tat fashion?, we can even reinforce our border with more devastating military force, just remind India not to repeat pre-1962 war with military build up at the border. And that is an accusation that we're anti-India, go dig few years back to see your political figures and media had said about China, you never hold a friendly tone beside China bashing.

What we earn from invest in India? Sri Lanka and others South Asian countries are probably better than India for our money.
you invest alot in isreal

In my view these tanks are not there to fight China...Instead these might be there to stop China's aggression or show of aggression in case India has any problems with Pakistan....

May these is also one reason why India is bolstering is eastern borders....Just make sure that it keeps China in check in case there is any future conflict in its western border....

Back
Top Bottom