What's new

China hikes defence budget to $115.7 billion

@gpit Coming from American makes it a joke. You guys have your own interest and you act according to it, even if that means millions die.

Many countries do that. One can't trust US over anything. Its a fact buddy. But I don't find it weird.

For instance the British never let us down. That joke is only a joke for joker.

gpit is a clown. I assume he is Taiwanese.

Yes, that´s the fact. Nations act based upon egoistic interests.

Taiwanese or mainlander, they are both Chinese. Similarly, ROC or PRC, both are China.

China says SC sea has been its internal waters since ages. So tell me why you started claiming SC Sea in the middle of 1900´s, and not ealier? you clown! :angry:

Because some untrustworthy earlier said SCS belongs to China, and later the same untrustworthy says otherwise.

That’s why human hates ingrate.

You are so funny. How many times more do you want to discuss about the intention of the visit and letter?
ingrate seems to be your favorite word. :blah: :blah:

Right that ingrate is indeed my favorite word, because it is THE perfect word to depict an ingrate such as your leaders and some of you. No other word would serve the same purpose with the same accuracy..

China´s army in the 1970´s was poorly trained and equipped, stuck in Mao´s ideology warfare, a disorganised bunch without any discipline. Thanks to encounters with Vietnam, PLA has today become a modern army, capable to challenge America. You can say "Thank You VN!".

Mao’s ideology is indeed sucks, but your Hu Chimin claimed he was Mao’s student, so Vietnam’s ideology is even more sucking.

Thank VN my foot!

China's swift military moving forward? What a joke!

You just said “PLA has today become a modern army, capable to challenge America” a few lines earlier, didn’t you?

You don’t even trust your own words, indeed you are a brunch of the untrustworthy. You are untrustworthy not only because of your nature, but also because your damaged brain doesn’t store correct information.

A joke, indeed!

Without pudency, Vietnam´s 2-week blitzkrieg in Cambodia (and occupying of Laos) was decisive and deadly, comparable to German army victories at the begin of WW II.

:)

Don’t know what you are raving. When you try to equal yourself to animal Nazi German and feel proud of it like many other human scum, we normally see your invasion of Cambodia a joke leaving only you type of imbecile to rant…and bark occasionally on the same or even lower animal level.

:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Off-topic, sorry Mod!

Taiwanese or mainlander, they are both Chinese. Similarly, ROC or PRC, both are China.
So you personally as Taiwanese will vow to live under China communist rule, right? Good luck! Time to leave US and return to Beijing!
Don’t know what you are raving. When you try to equal yourself to animal Nazi German and feel proud of it like many other human scum, we normally see your invasion of Cambodia a joke leaving only you type of imbecile to rant…
:lol:
You are funny. I compared the performance of two nations on successfully conducting blitzkieg, nothing else.

Is that a lot???

I suppose that budget covers all the cost including: food, clothes, salary and etc... After all of those expenses, I wonder how much is left to purchase military hardware???

The salary of military personnel is pretty good in China as well. The cost for their food daily is also quite high as well.

Just tried a mathematical assumption breakdown (grossly large view and assumptions) of the Budget... The investment and Acquisition Budget doesn't seems to be huge, if this is the real budget... Comments, folks?

Specification Units Cost
Defence Personnel 25,00,000
Total Salary costs 42,857
Operating Cost Army (60% of Personnel Costs) 26,786
# of planes 2,800
Annual running costs - Jets and Vehicles 10,920
Maintenance costs (~50% of running Costs) 5,460
# of ships 1,000
Annual running costs - Jets and Vehicles 5,260
Maintenance costs (~50% of running Costs) 2,730
Testing & replacement costs (20% of Gross running costs) 3,276
Net Running Budget Consumption 97,289
Defence Budget 1,09,000
Investment Capability - R&D & Assets 11,711

Investment Split Assumption
Investment in R&D (40% of funds) 4,684
Investment in new builds & expansion (60% of funds) 7,027

Basically a negligible bump in defense budget in light of recent tensions.

At the current pace of China´s defence budget, we (Vietnam) will see soon a second America military machine next door. :disagree:

I highly doubt it will be the situation. Direct military action is not our style----it is a last resort.
Direct military oppression creates resentment and hate. It is simply not a good long term strategy when dealing with neighbors.
The much preferred method is to economically and culturally connect everyone. This way, the relationship between the countries will be too close for large scale conflict and the long term stability is much better.

Just tried a mathematical assumption breakdown (grossly large view and assumptions) of the Budget... The investment and Acquisition Budget doesn't seems to be huge, if this is the real budget... Comments, folks?

Specification Units Cost
Defence Personnel 25,00,000
Total Salary costs 42,857
Operating Cost Army (60% of Personnel Costs) 26,786
# of planes 2,800
Annual running costs - Jets and Vehicles 10,920
Maintenance costs (~50% of running Costs) 5,460
# of ships 1,000
Annual running costs - Jets and Vehicles 5,260
Maintenance costs (~50% of running Costs) 2,730
Testing & replacement costs (20% of Gross running costs) 3,276
Net Running Budget Consumption 97,289
Defence Budget 1,09,000
Investment Capability - R&D & Assets 11,711

Investment Split Assumption
Investment in R&D (40% of funds) 4,684
Investment in new builds & expansion (60% of funds) 7,027

A relatively small acquisition budget is to be expected. Majority of PLA equipment is domestically made, thus they cost only a fraction of the standard sale price in arms market.

A relatively small acquisition budget is to be expected. Majority of PLA equipment is domestically made, thus they cost only a fraction of the standard sale price in arms market.

Agree, but the number for R&D and new builds seems to be extraordinarily low, if the figure of $109Bn is to be true and that is why I believe that the real budget has to be at least 20-30% higher than this, in order to allow China to mange a strong force and also invest in new builds and R&D... Won't you think so?

Really,the problem of VN is that they think they are something but in fact are nothing. Do not try to do something that you cannot take the consequence.

Back
Top Bottom