What's new

China have delivered two JF-17 to pakistan

So what are you implying?

you are very suspicious lol :rofl:

falcone said:
The probe at the end of the nose is gone. It is similar to the Block 60 F-16 nose compared to the earlier Block F-16s' noses

means a radar with a slightly big size and antina can be fitted in that nose.:chilli:

you are very suspicious lol :rofl:

means a radar with a slightly big size and antina can be fitted in that nose.:chilli:

OF anything that is chinese or the godless communist, lol
And i agree, its mean a bigger radar antenna capacity.

There are some news confirm that the two JF-17 arrived Pakistan on 12th March ,and the engine is Russian RD-93.

are these planes just delivered so they can fly in the March 23rd Pakistan Day Parade and sent back???

are these planes just delivered so they can fly in the March 23rd Pakistan Day Parade and sent back???
They'll stay in Pakistan as testbeds for different radars, avionics, weapon-systems, etc - 8-10 more are expected to be delivered by the end of this year.

They'll stay in Pakistan as testbeds for different radars, avionics, weapon-systems, etc - 8-10 more are expected to be delivered by the end of this year.

Raises an interesting question that was posed by Tphang over on the SDF forum. The total number of engines so far delivered (to China) have been approx 20 with an additional number being delivered. It will be interesting to see if the rest of the engines are delivered or not. Or if the next batch will have the Chinese engine.

so why is it that these planes have Russian Engines

has that whole thing been sorted out??

Raises an interesting question that was posed by Tphang over on the SDF forum. The total number of engines so far delivered (to China) have been approx 20 with an additional number being delivered. It will be interesting to see if the rest of the engines are delivered or not. Or if the next batch will have the Chinese engine.

china has ordered about 100 RD-93 Engines back in 2005 so I think the initial 50 PAF JF-17 will be equiped with russian RD-93 engine (with 10% Improved thrust). remaining will be fitted with WS-10A (the more cleaner engine having the same thrust) :tup:

Personally I think it was never really a Issue. After all the only people discussing it were Russian spokespersons (just before a big potential sale to India) or Indian newspapers. No-one from China or Pak were getting involved or making statements.

why cannot i put the picture on this forum. someone is willing to give me suggestion?

The JF-17's delivered to PAF on March 2nd are marked 101 and 102 indicating that they're to be considered as preproduction aircrafts. They'll remain in Pakistan to complete further flight testing.

That's what I been saying along time, but some refused to listen. Below is an article from Russian news about the engine issue (March 15, 2007), hence only India has complained and not Russia.

NOTE: A friend on PDF who visited the Passing out ceremony (Air Force), said that JF-17 is under going repainting for March 23rd, he hasn't given out the details (and I personally asked him as well but no luck told me to have sabar (patience)) :D and that it will be very good, and this will be confirmed as well on 23rd. Just thought I would share this with you guyies.

Personally I think it was never really a Issue. After all the only people discussing it were Russian spokespersons (just before a big potential sale to India) or Indian newspapers. No-one from China or Pak were getting involved or making statements.

Chinese Cloud Russian-Indian Relations

China has delivered the first two JF-17 Thunder fighter jets with Russian engines to Pakistan. Formally, China does not have the right to re-export the engines. India reacts painfully to its partners' relations with Pakistan. This may endanger military contracts between Moscow and Delhi worth $1.5 billion per year.
Pakistani information agencies report that the planes were delivered at the beginning of the month. They will be shown publicly at the Pakistan Day parade on March 23. Under its contract with China, Pakistan will receive a total of 150 JF-17 Thunder (FC-1) planes. China concluded a contract with China for the delivery of 100 RD-93 engines for the FC-1. The first 15 of those engines were delivered at the end of last year. The purchase of up to 500 more engines is under discussion. They are being manufactured by the Chernyshev plant in Moscow.

It became known last autumn that China had asked Russia to include Pakistan on the list of countries with which it has military technical cooperation. At the time, Kommersant was told by the Federal Service for Military Technical Cooperation that Pakistan would not be included on the list. Nonetheless, at the airshow in Zhuhai City, China, last November, Li Pei, director of development at the Chinese aerospace corporation CATIC, stated that the RD-93 engines would be re-exported.

“India is a more important partner for Russia than China, which has sharply reduced its purchases,” noted Konstantin Makienko, expert at the Center for Strategic and Technological Analysis. Other industry sources note that France also successfully sells arms to India and military equipment to Pakistan. The Indian embassy in Moscow noted that China was violating its contract when it delivered the planes with Russian engines to Pakistan. “So far, India and Russia have avoid actions that would damage the interests of either side. We believe in the wisdom of Russian policy, an embassy spokesman said.

http://www.kommersant.com/p749956/China_India_arms_exports/

Imho its a media stunt, no more that a PR show run by Indian media. Initially the FC-1/Super Seven was a tri-nation JV between Chinese manufacturer Chengdu, Pakistani PAC and Russian design bureau Mikoyan Mig (project Mig-33).
I'm sure Chinese have bypassed the EULA using diplomatic pressure.

"Two JF-17 Thunders commissioned into PAF

LAHORE: Air Chief Marshal Tanvir Mehmood commissioned two JF-17 Thunders into the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) in a ceremony at Kamra on Monday.

These two Thunders had arrived at Kamra on March 2. They were moved to Pakistan in a cargo plane as against usual procedure of flying home. These two aircrafts were assembled at Kamra.

It was learnt the aircrafts were suppose to rumble the skies of Pakistan on Monday. However, the weather conditions were not conducive for the flight. These aircrafts will now fly on the first clear day. Before their first public flight on March 23, these aircrafts will keep flying for evaluation and test purposes. These aircrafts will stay at Kamra for the same purpose.

The PAF anticipates acquiring around 10-12 aircrafts by the end of this year. These aircrafts will arrive in intervals. The next batch of two aircrafts is expected within three months. After the arrival, these aircrafts will be put at the disposal of Pakistan Aeronautical Complex, Kamra (PAC) for tests, trial and probable upgradation and changes to meet the requirements of the PAF. Moreover, these aircrafts will be worked on by the PAC vis-vis specifications for diverse use, that is, for maritime operations, for air-to-air missions and for air-to-land missions."

http://www.****************/news/publish/airforce/Two_JF-17_Thunders_commissioned_into_PAF100010958.php

Back
Top Bottom