What's new

China graduates with Western degress have difficulty finding jobs in China

Western-graduate Chinese don't need to go back to China. They're employed within 6 months of their Graduation.

That's why I mentioned the brain drain. If they find they are not in an advantageous position for jobs back in China then they'll simply stay here (or go elsewhere)

That's why I mentioned the brain drain. If they find they are not in an advantageous position for jobs back in China then they'll simply stay here (or go elsewhere)

We need to import educated people and give them citizenship. I must say that I'm extremely disappointed in the US public education system. Its like if you want to find good engineers, you would have to go to NJ, CA and MA.

We need to import educated people and give them citizenship. I must say that I'm extremely disappointed in the US public education system

I just had an argument today with someone about "Common Core". He thought it was a mistake. I said ANY change is worth trying and can't make things worse.

Its like if you want to find good engineers, you would have to go to NJ, CA and MA.

That's my friend's problem. We are in MA. He thinks everything is peachy everywhere,

I just had an argument today with someone about "Common Core". He thought it was a mistake. I said ANY change is worth trying and can't make things worse.

Why not? Few modifications to the H2B2 and intense screening (ideological, background, education, working experience, etc...) and give point based on each of these. A similar system is implemented in NZ.

In the meanwhile, Grants to the universities Arts, Psychology and other bullshits must be reduced and instead be given to Engineering Disciplines.

In the past ,I mean 30 years ago and .

Only the best have the chance to study in foreign country like US or EU.

They were the best students in their class or school ,after they graduated from foreign , It is very easy to find job in china.

Because everyone knew they were the smartest guys.

But now, no matter you are excellent or not, you can go if you can afford the cost .

And actually most of those guys are under the average in china , they are not smart enough to go to the good university in china

So they like to go study in foreign university,this wil make their competitive power better because most of the chinese are not familiar with foreign university.

Actually the foreign university run this like business.

Western-graduate Chinese don't need to go back to China. They're employed within 6 months of their Graduation.

I have 13 Chinese employed in my company, all of them have graduated from A&M AT AUSTIN, I was in contact with them before they were graduated. So its really China's loss. One of them gone back to China to get married, 9 of them have Asian-American Girlfriends, 1 of them is openly gay, the rest I have no knowledge of.

But overall they're hardworking and smart people.
Are you Chinese?

What kind of business are you running ?

I saw many foreign media complain about job competition from Chinese.

Is that true ?

I'm active in semi-conductor and oil and gas industries simultaneously.
In USA we don't discriminate, if you have qualifications you'll get the job.
No, its not true.

In the past ,I mean 30 years ago and .

Only the best have the chance to study in foreign country like US or EU.

They were the best students in their class or school ,after they graduated from foreign , It is very easy to find job in china.

Because everyone knew they were the smartest guys.

But now, no matter you are excellent or not, you can go if you can afford the cost .

And actually most of those guys are under the average in china , they are not smart enough to go to the good university in china

So they like to go study in foreign university,this wil make their competitive power better because most of the chinese are not familiar with foreign university.

Actually the foreign university run this like business.

Are you Chinese?
Depends what the Chinese students are studying. If they want to waste money studying a liberal arts program, they will not be able to find jobs. Engineers, medicine, science, should have a better chance.
You are correct, foreign universities are run like businesses.
D

Depends what the Chinese students are studying. If they want to waste money studying a liberal arts program, they will not be able to find jobs. Engineers, medicine, science, should have a better chance.
You are correct, foreign universities are run like businesses.
D

I hate Arts and Liberal Arts, they're both waste of time.

[

There should be a disclaimer for these programs that warn students who are taking these programs that they may end up being unemployable.

You know, there is a douchebag called "Jimmy Kimmel" you are probably familiar with his racist videos.
Anyway, that guy had an interviewer go on street and ask if people had High School Degree, most of them were so so, but there was a guy in Michael Jackson attire, if I'm not mistaken that guy had a Master in Arts from Harvard, yet he was working as a street performer. I tried to find the video, but they set the video on Private setting and I couldn't find it anywhere else. It was fun, I would have liked you to see it.

I'm active in semi-conductor and oil and gas industries simultaneously.
In USA we don't discriminate, if you have qualifications you'll get the job.
No, its not true.
Semi-conductor ?

I worked in Fab for few years :tup:

You know, there is a douchebag called "Jimmy Kimmel" you are probably familiar with his racist videos.
Anyway, that guy had an interviewer go on street and ask if people had High School Degree, most of them were so so, but there was a guy in Michael Jackson attire, if I'm not mistaken that guy had a Master in Arts from Harvard, yet he was working as a street performer. I tried to find the video, but they set the video on Private setting and I couldn't find it anywhere else. It was fun, I would have liked you to see it.
If it's on youtube i will search for it.

If it's on youtube i will search for it.

It used to be, but no longer. I guess its because of their contract with ABC. They have to remove the content after a certain period.

This is the video, but as you can see it private.

Back
Top Bottom