What's new

China graduates with Western degress have difficulty finding jobs in China

What kind of business are you running ?

I saw many foreign media complain about job competition from Chinese.

Is that true ?

Definitely not in finance or software. In the early 1990's I worked with many Chinese and then there was a mysterious drop-off.
Then starting around 2003 the job market was flooded with people from India and it has been that way ever since.

Definitely not in finance or software. In the early 1990's I worked with many Chinese and then there was a mysterious drop-off.
Then starting around 2003 the job market was flooded with people from India and it has been that way ever since.
Thanks.

While i tend to agree, i sort of struggle to categorize the deadbeat English teacher.

Like the add's here:

Search for jobs-Jobs in China|teaching jobs in China|Henry ESL|中华外教网

Yeah, that has been a problem. Unlike professions with strict qualifications like engineering, management, etc. Foreign English teacher has no such strict standards and qualification process. As a result, there would be cases where unqualified individuals slipping past the radar. CCTV-1 actually made a thorough report on the issue and the ministry of education are cracking down on the issue. The problem? Ministry of education's influence is mainly centered on the public schools. A lot of the poorly managed private schools which sprung up in the recent years are particularly bad on this issue (though, to be fair, these private schools has problem across the board, not just in English). My take on the issue is that private school are still a relatively new thing in China and it takes time to establish appropriate regulation and monitor agencies to ensure the school is meeting the standard set by the ministry of education.

Back
Top Bottom