What's new

China gives $16mn aid to Somalia

How generous was India? Since you are so concerned with China's contribution. This new clip neither gives a number for the value of the aid or the amount of aid being sent by India.

I noticed India likes to send equipment and food to countries then money like the western world.

I feel India donations are better suited as it will address the problem much quicker. Just what India donated to other countries like Japan etc.

---------- Post added at 07:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

Again, why does that concern you? It's called charity for a reason.

Yes it does concern me that the fact China should be able to stand up more and help the poor around the world, as well as helping it self.

---------- Post added at 07:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:37 PM ----------

Trying to find Pakistan donations to Somalia, cant find any?

Has Pakistan done anything?

I noticed India likes to send equipment and food to countries then money like the western world.

I feel India donations are better suited as it will address the problem much quicker. Just what India donated to other countries like Japan etc

Yeah Bullsht other countries are sending supplies too not just money. How much was India's contribution worth? ToI a true paper for true braggarts didn't even deem to mention how much aid was sent. Honestly picking over a charity donation is pretty low especially when it is unclear how much your proud homeland has actually helped.

Im not complaining, Im stating compared to nations that rank below China is GDP table, China is donating less money.

our gdp per capital is worse than Namibia and many other african countries. technically speaking, China is a developing third world country. China should do what a third world developing country is suppose to do, its definitely not competing with other countries on who give the most aid to Somalia.

Yeah Bullsht other countries are sending supplies too not just money. How much was India's contribution worth? ToI a true paper for true braggarts didn't even deem to mention how much aid was sent. Honestly picking over a charity donation is pretty low especially when it is unclear how much your proud homeland has actually helped.

Yeah yeah chinese contri to somalia is way than ours happy now are we now please stick to topic tis is not indo vs sino thread.
Same thing for you mo12

Iran will send 500 tonnes of aid to Somalia in near future.

Good job Iran.

Guys i started this thread not for politically motivated reasons. I was just happy to see China helping out. At this moment in time all countries are feeling the pinch and any charity is great to see. Its not a competition to see if Pakistan or India can send anything. I think we have enough issues in our countries to resolve before we think of charity. We could start by for example get our corrupt leaders to have an audit done on how they obtained thier riches!! I think we would all be shocked at the figures that they steal!
Thanks for all your views

Good to see many countries are helping Somalia, lets pray they get out of this mess soon.

You want numbers? You might want to read this:

India gives $5-billion aid to Africa
Amid thunderous applause from the leaders and representatives of 15 African countries at the African Union headquarters in Addis Ababa, Singh announced a line of credit worth $5 billion "to help achieve the development goals of Africa".

Unlike China capacity building has been India's focus in Africa over decades. It may be recalled that half of the Cabinet in an erstwhile Ethiopian government had studied or were trained in India. The area of capacity building has been New Delhi's strength and Singh once again did not disappoint his African counterparts.

or this:

India announces $5 billion aid for Africa, seeks support for UN reforms
ADDIS ABABA: Taking its burgeoning ties with Africa to a new high, Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Tuesday announced a massive $5 billion aid for the next three years and an additional $700 million for setting up new institutions and training programmes across the African continent.

Compare that to govt policies and ~20 million USD. A little Google mojo goes a long way.

Guys i started this thread not for politically motivated reasons.
Of course. Your opinion at the bottom of your first post - Thanking you China for a fantastic show of generosity! :china::china: - is NOT at all politically motivated!

I think we should thank china for what it has donated, yes the other countries have done much more than china, but even that 16m will be feeding some people.
Its not about comparing whose balls are the biggest, its about pandering. I am just pointing out the hypocrisy where whatever China does (any aid to underdeveloped countries is always welcome) is glorified to kingdom come while whatever others do is looked down upon as being imperialistic or hegemonic and looked at through religion tinted glasses!!

What Somalia needs is stable Govt. Since 1990 the country do not has a functional central govt. Without this giving aid to Somalia is like trying to fill a bottomless pit.

You want numbers? You might want to read this:

India gives $5-billion aid to Africa
Amid thunderous applause from the leaders and representatives of 15 African countries at the African Union headquarters in Addis Ababa, Singh announced a line of credit worth $5 billion "to help achieve the development goals of Africa".

Unlike China capacity building has been India's focus in Africa over decades. It may be recalled that half of the Cabinet in an erstwhile Ethiopian government had studied or were trained in India. The area of capacity building has been New Delhi's strength and Singh once again did not disappoint his African counterparts.

or this:

India announces $5 billion aid for Africa, seeks support for UN reforms
ADDIS ABABA: Taking its burgeoning ties with Africa to a new high, Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Tuesday announced a massive $5 billion aid for the next three years and an additional $700 million for setting up new institutions and training programmes across the African continent.

Compare that to govt policies and ~20 million USD. A little Google mojo goes a long way.

So how much has India donated to Somalia this time? So we can do some fair comparison.

Back
Top Bottom