What's new

China Expressways, Highways: News & Discussions

Enjoy this video.

Drive through Ganhaizi bridge and tunnel 车行干海子大桥及隧道
Published on 29 May 2016
Drive along Yaxi expressway through Ganhaizi circle tunnel and bridge from the bottom to the top.
沿雅西高速行驶,通过干海子螺旋隧道和大桥,从低海拔端到高海拔端,原地上升200米。

View attachment 311380
Ganhaizi Bridge and Tunnel

Two full versions
The map navigation (seems 2-3 Apps at the same time) is driving me crazy :frown:

@Echo_419 @anant_s @powastick @Bussard Ramjet @Jlaw @Mista @Jguo et al

G5 Beijing–Kunming Expressway
屏幕快照 2015-08-05 12.42.31.png

Dual Spiral tunnels as to elevate 200m in a short distance

nibashan.jpg

屏幕快照 2015-08-05 13.04.44.png

Last summer in Sichuan
On Chengdu-Xichang coach
屏幕快照 2015-08-05 00.10.16.png
屏幕快照 2015-08-05 00.12.55.png

Last edited:
Proudly come from Hubei Province,Central China :china:
@AndrewJin @Chinese Bamboo @hexagonsnow (i'm not sure if there is anybody else from Hubei in PDF)

The then highest bridge in the world
(held the title from 2009 to 2015:frown:)

Siduhe Bridge

G50 Shanghai-Chongqing National Expressway

213123233.jpg

Siduhe Bridge
2123.jpg

750px-37Siduhe&CableAerial_copy.jpg

Due to the remote, inaccessible river canyon, the engineers decided to experiment and instead of using a blimp or helicopter to drag the first pilot line across the gorge, they used a rocket. Over 3,281 feet (1000 meter) of tether was attached to the back end of a 4 foot (1.5 mtr) long rocket and blasted across the deep river gorge. Image by Eric Sakowski / HighestBridges.com
750px-SiduheRocketElev.jpg

Rocket!
There is no unconquerable difficulty:enjoy:

Have a heart attack?!
@Gibbs @Götterdämmerung @Bussard Ramjet @ahojunk @Srinivas @Malik Alashter
@GS Zhou U got to use your DJI drone for this bridge!

Lot of similarities between Chinese and Indian highways.
China :tup:
This is not the typical highway we mention in China, but controlled-access expressway.
They are similar to German autobahn and American interstate highway.
In China, it is normally referred to expressway, when highways are referred to non-controlled-access national/provincial/county-level highways.

The first of such expressways in China was inaugurated in 1988.

National expressway network
(provincial expressway excluded)
China_National_Expressway_Network.svg.png

National highway network
(provincial/county-level highway excluded)
800px-China_National_Highway_Plan_(2013-2030).png

@AndrewJin @Chinese Bamboo @hexagonsnow (i'm not sure if there is anybody else from Hubei in PDF)

Siduhe Bridge

G50 Shanghai-Chongqing National Expressway

View attachment 311398

Siduhe Bridge
View attachment 311397

View attachment 311400

Due to the remote, inaccessible river canyon, the engineers decided to experiment and instead of using a blimp or helicopter to drag the first pilot line across the gorge, they used a rocket. Over 3,281 feet (1000 meter) of tether was attached to the back end of a 4 foot (1.5 mtr) long rocket and blasted across the deep river gorge. Image by Eric Sakowski / HighestBridges.com
View attachment 311399
Rocket!
There is no unconquerable difficulty:enjoy:

Have a heart attack?!
@Gibbs @Götterdämmerung @Bussard Ramjet @ahojunk @Srinivas @Malik Alashter
@GS Zhou U got to use your DJI drone for this bridge!

This is not the typical highway we mention in China, but controlled-access expressway.
They are similar to German autobahn and American interstate highway.
In China, it is normally referred to expressway, when highways are referred to non-controlled-access national/provincial/county-level highways.

The first of such expressways in China was inaugurated in 1988.

National expressway network
(provincial expressway excluded)
View attachment 311409

National highway network
(provincial/county-level highway excluded)
View attachment 311410
Thank you for taging me!I have seen the great infrastruceture built in every corner in china!Great proud heart for Great China!Give me a another great reason for traveling in my home!:china:

Thank you for taging me!I have seen the great infrastruceture built in every corner in china!Great proud heart for Great China!Give me a another great reason for traveling in my home!:china:
Hubei has one the best natural scenery, from Taoist mountains, Three Gorges, to Enshi Grand Canyan and Shenlongjia Forest! We have ancient city like Jingzhou dating back to Three Kingdom Era and modern metropolis Wuhan which has higher per capita GDP compared to Shanghai. :enjoy:

Concerning infra, the theme of this thread, our expressways rank top5 in terms of length (6200km by 2015) and we ONCE had the highest bridge in the world.:enjoy: We are also at the centre of China's HSR network, Hubei rocks!

Hubei Province

Shenlongjia Forest

Enshi Grand Canyon

Provincial capital city Wuhan

Wuhan High-speed Railway Station

The total length of 129km Longling-Ruili Expresssway, in Yunnan Province,Southwest China.

View attachment 311435
View attachment 311436
View attachment 311437
View attachment 311438
View attachment 311439

a fantastic view as cruising along such a amazing elevated highway !
Amazing China :smitten:

Thanks for made this Good thread, brother @ahojunk
This expressway is the final section to be completed of
the legendary 3000km-long G56 Hangzhou-Ruili National Expressway.
G56_map.svg.png

Last edited:
Beautiful images, brother!

So many reasons to travel across China. Each corner is heart-capturing. :smitten:

This expressway is the final section to be completed of the legendary 3000km-long G56 Hangzhou-Ruili National Expressway.
View attachment 311451

It's Amazing to see, How Yunnan Province Develop today :smitten:

Yunnan Province is a very Strategic Province. One of the Main Gates from China to South-East Asia.

Yunnan Province.png

Siduhe Bridge
This bridge is beautiful. The surrounding area of the bridge looks so serene and peaceful. This is place I think I can retire and enjoy the scenery everyday.

But my wife is a city folk! Damn!

The total length of 129km Longling-Ruili Expresssway, in Yunnan Province,Southwest China.
:
:

a fantastic view as cruising along such a amazing elevated highway !
Amazing China :smitten:

Thanks for made this Good thread, brother @ahojunk
You are welcome. However, it's you, AndrewJin, GS Zhou and others that make this thread interesting.

Hubei has one the best natural scenery, from Taoist mountains, Three Gorges, to Enshi Grand Canyan and Shenlongjia Forest! We have ancient city like Jingzhou dating back to Three Kingdom Era and modern metropolis Wuhan which has higher per capita GDP compared to Shanghai. :enjoy:

Concerning infra, the theme of this thread, our expressways rank top5 in terms of length (6200km by 2015) and we ONCE had the highest bridge in the world.:enjoy: We are also at the centre of China's HSR network, Hubei rocks!
The scenery in your province Hubei, Hunan (Zhangjiajie), Guizhou, Sichuan and Yunnan is just simply gorgeous! So is Tibet, Xinjiang and Inner Mongolia!

So much to see but not enough time and money!

It's Amazing to see, How Yunnan Province Develop today :smitten:

Yunnan Province is a very Strategic Province. One of the Main Gates from China to South-East Asia.
Yes, the capital Kunming is going to be connected to South East Asia via HSR and highways/expressways.

Still waiting for the railway!
The railway that passes through Thailand is unfortunately not going to be 350 kph. To reduce costs, the Thais are only looking at 250 kph. I hope the rail that traverses peninsula Malaysia (to/from Singapore) is 350 kph.

5 years' hard work
Finally, Baoshan-Tengchong Expressway opens!

Longjiang Bridge, dubbed as "the bridge in the cloud"
6ef5d167-a59a-45c9-afba-88eebd17ade0_size32_w600_h450.jpg
4e759121-d3f1-49ec-af10-f98c3500ee9b_size144_w550_h368.jpg

Baoshan-Tengchong Expressway & Longjiang Expressway Bridge

Features
63.8km, province-level expressway
Standardised 4-lanes controlled-access
designed speed: 80km/h
Investment: 6.3 billion yuan

Difficulty: It transverses 4km high Gaoligong Mountains
Extensive use of drones

Purpose
It forms one section of the China-Burma-India international corridor.
It connects Tengchong County to the G56 National Expressway (Hangzhou-Ruili)
Key project of poverty-reduction initiatives in the minorities-dominated Western Yunnan Province.

1212321.jpg

Longjiang Bridge
Span: 1196m
Length: 2471m
Height: 280m
002324a0aa071802a31b1e.jpg
002324a0aa071802a31c21.JPG

13th 5-year plan
150km long pronvicial expressway linking Tengchong County and Ruili City's 3 counties
Estimated to start construction within 1-2 years
232133123.jpg

------------------我是巴网旅行达人的分割线-------------------

Implication on local tourism

Get ready for people mountain people sea:enjoy:
Ancients towns, springs, volcanos, snowy mountains, minority culture
@powastick @anant_s @Rajaraja Chola @anant_s @Bussard Ramjet @Mista @Emperor_of_Mankind @Srinivas @waz @Chinese Bamboo @Chinese-Dragon @ChineseTiger1986 @Rain Man @Echo_419 @Jguo @sweetgrape @onebyone @Tiqiu @DESERT FIGHTER @TheTheoryOfMilitaryLogistics @Syama Ayas @madokafc @Daniel808 @Arryn @Götterdämmerung @Edison Chen et al

Last edited:
Yes, the capital Kunming is going to be connected to South East Asia via HSR and highways/expressways.
We have done or are doing our own part, no matter roads, railways or communication and power connection.
The question is if the people at the other side of the border are willing to enjoy inclusive growth and prioritise people's own interests than politicians' sh*ts and populist agenda.

Last edited:
This bridge is beautiful. The surrounding area of the bridge looks so serene and peaceful. This is place I think I can retire and enjoy the scenery everyday.

But my wife is a city folk! Damn!
No worries mate.
Our Hubei Province provides natural beauty as well as big city and shopping malls!
In fact, during 2016-2016, more shopping malls are opened more than any city in the world.
We can enjoy life of modernity and those lakes and forests in the downtown at the same time!

174961152201504282052133976548691347_011.jpg
屏幕快照 2015-06-17 17.08.55.png
7384289978_cd4f5194b5_b.jpg
093347k6x44t669l1tat0x.jpg

093348u5ma827ywwm4d5gh.jpg

"By last year Wuhan had so many brand-packed shopping malls that it topped the world rankings with almost 1m square metres of malls.

Wuhan, Chengdu and Beijing, China’s top three cities contributed half the country’s new completions last year, and most Wuhan malls are more than 80 per cent occupied, unlike their more struggling peers elsewhere in the country, CBRE says."

Don't go shopping at weekends here, restaurants and cinemas all full!

The other side of downtown Wuhan!
屏幕快照 2015-11-12 19.37.39.png
7335220180_a3aeabd42f_b.jpg

1506012228f923be1f6ad14c5e.jpg

Last edited:
We have done or are doing our own part, no matter roads, railways or communication and power connection.
The question is if the people at the other side of the border are willing to enjoy inclusive growth and prioritise people's own interests then politicians' sh*ts and populist agenda.
Yes, China has done its part to enhance connectivity. China has the money, technology and infrastructure capability.

But spare a thought for Thailand and Malaysia. They are short of money due to mismanagement and corruption by their respective governments.

No money no talk, or
Money talks, bullsh*t walks. :rofl:

The HSR is being built in Laos. For Myanmar, I am not sure of what is going on there.

Back
Top Bottom