What's new

China Enters the Indian Ocean

asad71

PROFESSIONAL
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
China announces plan to expand seabed mining in Indian Ocean
China announces plan to expand seabed mining in Indian Ocean - The Economic Times

BEIJING: China today announced plans to expand its seabed mineral explorations in the Indian Ocean after an international authority approved its bid to mine for polymetallic sulphide ore, much to the surprise of India.

Beijing has already got approval to explore in a 10,000 sq km seabed area in southwest Indian Ocean for the ore and now it plans to invest more to expand the "depth and scope of oceanic research".

Following the approval, China's Ocean Mineral Resources Research and Development Association is set to sign a 15-year exploration contract with the International Seabed Authority (ISA) later this year granting pre-emptive rights for it to develop the ore deposit in future, state run Xinhua reported.

"We will expand the depths and scope of oceanic research and improve our understanding of the ocean, with special focuses on the polar regions and deep sea environments," Liu Cigui, head of the State Oceanic Administration (SOA), told a meeting on oceanic technology here.

The move has already raised concerns in India with Directorate of Naval Intelligence (DNI) informing the Indian government that the contract would provide an excuse for China to operate its warships besides compiling data on the vast mineral resources in India's backyard.

Chinese released a guideline on the oceanic science and technology development between 2011 and 2015, vowing to invest more to boost the country's maritime economy.

Liu said more efforts will be made to boost innovation and strive for breakthroughs in key technology in order to stimulate the development of emerging oceanic industries but did not mention the amount money China will be investing.

The announcement followed China's bid for exploring the international seabed region of southwest Indian Ocean for polymetallic sulphide deposit was approved by ISA, last month much to the surprise of India.

it is our long term plan to permanently station a carrier group there.

we will see it.

Atta boy! they can whine all they want,ISA gave us the go ahead and we will mine all we want.Next our navyships will be there planting seabed sensors.:bunny:

wow thats incredible china is not fearing the next super power not to be but the wannabe superpower that is incredible

Lol.We are the 2nd largest economy,members of P5 and they are not even in the top 5 economy ranks.As us can see,i've been kind enough just to list top 5 and where are they? maybe 10th or 11th? "SHUPA PHAWAR" it's just a imaginery word they like to term themselves.
And my friend Aryan_B,you're invited to our new swimming pool,but i'm having first dips,lol.

Lol.We are the 2nd largest economy,members of P5 and they are not even in the top 5 economy ranks.As us can see,i've been kind enough just to list top 5 and where are they? maybe 10th or 11th? "SHUPA PHAWAR" it's just a imaginery word they like to term themselves.
And my friend Aryan_B,you're invited to our new swimming pool,but i'm having first dips,lol.

brother let them dream, waking up is so hard to do

absolutely brilliant news!

china need to explore all the oil and gas in the indian ocean.
china will mine all china wants to.

the ISA gave china the go ahead and now its official chinese territory.

yessss!

absolutely brilliant news!

china need to explore all the oil and gas in the indian ocean.
china will mine all china wants to.

the ISA gave china the go ahead and now its official chinese territory yessss!
multifacepalm.jpg

Well, we all knew this was going to happen. Now the determining factor will be whether India shows it's maturity as an improving nation, or acts like a spoiled brat and starts nagging and complaining as it usually does.

Well, we all knew this was going to happen. Now the determining factor will be whether India shows it's maturity as an improving nation, or acts like a spoiled brat and starts nagging and complaining as it usually does.

india is a military dictatorship, thats why it wants war with pakistan and goes looking for war with china.
thats what military dictatorships do, they invade and seek war, just like the nazi regime did.

indian regime is the biggest threat to global peace.

india is a military dictatorship, thats why it wants war with pakistan and goes looking for war with china.
thats what military dictatorships do, they invade and seek war, just like the nazi regime did.

India? What has it ever done to New Zealand, China or Malaysia for that matter? Threat to global peace? :what:

And china is a parliamentary democracy .

India? What has it ever done to ever done to New Zealand, China or Malaysia for that matter? Threat to global peace? :what:
Look at how they treat Kashmiris, and even Bangladeshis on their borders. This will give you an idea of the aggression of their military.

Back
Top Bottom