What's new

China drops one-child policy, but ‘exhausted’ tiger moms say one is plenty

I am an Indian and a patriotic outspoken right winger at that. But I must confess we lost the plot with family planning though. Kudos to the Chinese. Their family planning and societal initiatives might have felt draconian back in the day but they are reaping the benefits now and will do for generations to come.

:tup::china:
Dont agree with your conclusion. Please take a look at the age groups and workforce.

Dont agree with your conclusion. Please take a look at the age groups and workforce.
Old does not mean less productive.
Young does not mean more educated, more high-quality, more high-skill, more productive.

See the number of "healthy life expectancy".

Life expectancy at birth 1990-2013.png

I'd choose 1 million 30-50 year old high-skill labor than 10 million ill-educated low-skill young people who have no idea of what's going on in the world, who have never heard of AI and automation.

Young does not mean more educated, more high-quality, more high-skill, more productive.

See the number of "healthy life expectancy".

View attachment 344667

I'd choose 1 million 30-50 year old high-skill labor than 10 million ill-educated low-skill young people who have no idea of what's going on in the world, who have never heard of AI and automation.
Please also share the human rights violation graph as well.

FYI- china is not a developed country as of today and is still a developing country.

FYI- china is not a developed country as of today and is still a developing country.

Human rights in China far surpass those in India.

Just look at the oppression of women in India, half the population and going out late at night opens them to the possibility of brutality.

Here you go, happy now?
UN: Caste Systems Violate Human Rights of 250 Million Worldwide
Published 23 March 2016
Caste-based discrimination leads to extreme exclusion, dehumanization and economic impoverishment, according to a new U.N. report.

http://www.telesurtv.net/english/ne...s-of-250-Million-Worldwide-20160323-0022.html

Oh may i know your caste, you know just in case i might bump into an untou,,,,,,,which may bring me bad luck for years to come,:argh: if not, please no need to reply me, thanks in advance

Here you go, happy now?
Published 23 March 2016
Caste-based discrimination leads to extreme exclusion, dehumanization and economic impoverishment, according to a new U.N. report.

http://www.telesurtv.net/english/ne...s-of-250-Million-Worldwide-20160323-0022.html

Oh may i know your caste, you know just in case i might bump into an untou,,,,,,,which may bring me bad luck for years to come,:argh: if not, please no need to reply me, thanks in advance

That was not required. We are trying to have a decent conversation here.

Human rights in China far surpass those in India.

Just look at the oppression of women in India, half the population and going out late at night opens them to the possibility of brutality.
Here you go, happy now?
Published 23 March 2016

@AndrewJin you got some good sidekicks man. Cheers:cheers:

China's 1980/1990s born younger generations are way more competent than any other people..
They are the backbones of space programs, BYD, Huawei, CRRC, Tencent, Baidu, etc.

Never in history have China's young people ever had such high-level of skill, education, vision, innovation, entrepreneurship, craftsmanship.....
So which is it ?

Are the Chinese young smart and productive or stupid and lazy ?

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom