What's new

China donates 1000 tonnes rice for flood affectees

razgriz19

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Updated at: 1203 PST, Tuesday, August 24, 2010
BEIJING: The China Asia International Finance Ltd, based in the Sichuan province of China and KASB Finance (Pakistan) have jointly donated 1000 tonnes of rice for the flood affecttes in Pakistan.

The total value of this donation is approximately US $8,50,000.

The Chinese company is making arrangements to deliver the rice consignment to Pakistan. Li Yan, Chairman of China Asia International Finance Ltd said that in view of serious difficulties faced by victims of current floods in Pakistan as well as due to close friendship between Pakistan and China, his company has decided to send rice to Pakistan as their contribution to alleviate the suffering of their Pakistani brothers and sisters.

The company is sending this donation in collaboration with Nasir Ali Shah Bukhari, Chairman KASB Finance (Pakistan).

Thats better instead of giving cash they should give food & other basic items. This is what all donor governments should do if they really want to help Pakistan as we all know that where the cash winds up :whistle:

Thats better instead of giving cash they should give food & other basic items. This is what all donor governments should do if they really want to help Pakistan as we all know that where the cash winds up :whistle:

It not like that the corruption is only possible with the cash ..last time(at time of earthquake) some of the relief goods sent by various countries ended up in an open market.

It not like that the corruption is only possible with the cash ..last time(at time of earthquake) some of the relief goods sent by various countries ended up in an open market.

LOL Maybe this person knows how to do it and master in it Coz lot of corruption in india too

On Topic
I think thats a great move to help flooded areas... :china:

Great Move but considering China has trillions of dollars and Pakistan being their best friend whatever they have done at the time of crisis is not great so far as I know around 10 million in total or I missed something?

Great Move but considering China has trillions of dollars and Pakistan being their best friend whatever they have done at the time of crisis is not great so far as I know around 10 million in total or I missed something?

Sometimes i wonder what Indians are make of? doing all type of unnecessary efforts to down play others good will gesture just to score some cheap points.
What make you think you are in any position to criticize China while it took India more than a week to react with a 5 million donation on a expense of stirring it up like an international issue?
Lastly, before jumping in taking cheap shot, did you donate to the PDF flood relief donation? if not, shut the ....up.:argh:

And how exactly do you know that, did you happen to purchase or come across any of those items in the market.

You know... these day one does not need to be omnipresent to know what is happening elsewhere..News travels fast, especially since the advent of internet ;)

http://www.kashmiri.info/index2.php?option=com_content&do_pdf=1&id=195

http://www.kashmiri.info/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=465&Itemid=279

http://www.kashmiri.info/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1071&Itemid=279

Last edited:
Sometimes i wonder what Indians are make of? doing all type of unnecessary efforts to down play others good will gesture just to score some cheap points.

No efforts in downplaying your good will gesture just genuine questions.

To start with you know for Pakistan, India and China are not same. You guys are their best friends and we are considered the worst enemy they could have. So with that background and considering how rich China is who do you think should have helped more?

What make you think you are in any position to criticize China while it took India more than a week to react with a 5 million donation on a expense of stirring it up like an international issue?

Don't try to justify/compare your actions with Indian actions. We had our reasons for delay but we made Aid offer but that was not accepted for days and strangely only after Americans intervened offer was accepted. But what stopped you from helping ur best friend more?

Lastly, before jumping in taking cheap shot, did you donate to the PDF flood relief donation? if not, shut the ....up.:argh:

For this you need to check with PDF Admins you are not the only one to make donations.

No efforts in downplaying your good will gesture just genuine questions.

To start with you know for Pakistan, India and China are not same. You guys are their best friends and we are considered the worst enemy they could have. So with that background and considering how rich China is who do you think should have helped more?

Don't try to justify/compare your actions with Indian actions. We had our reasons for delay but we made Aid offer but that was not accepted for days and strangely only after Americans intervened offer was accepted. But what stopped you from helping ur best friend more?

For this you need to check with PDF Admins you are not the only one to make donations.

You don't judge a friendship with one case and its not yet over, not to mention what have we done in for the last decades.

Making something out of nothing is pathetic attempt at best.

I never said i am the only one donate to PDF flood relief and its not too difficult to find who are shamelessly, "just talk but no action" anyway i won't expect honesty from you though. :azn:

I am not taking cheap shots but trying to find out seriously. About India we are enemy to Pakistan so there is no comparison there, you claim to boast your friendship and that is what I am questioning. China's aid is not even considered peanuts, also hypocrisy of Pakistani's they criticized SA for less donation not a single word for China why?

I am not taking cheap shots but trying to find out seriously. About India we are enemy to Pakistan so there is no comparison there, you claim to boast your friendship and that is what I am questioning. China's aid is not even considered peanuts, also hypocrisy of Pakistani's they criticized SA for less donation not a single word for China why?

After all your BS with your so-called concern, did you donate?:undecided:

Back
Top Bottom