What's new

China Dominates the World TOP500 Supercomputers

Well the whole point of delusion is that they cannot see their own delusion, right?

Just compare these two articles side by side:

India will become a superpower by 2012: President Kalam - Economic Times

More poverty in India than in the entire continent of Africa - BBC News

This is a very good example of cognitive dissonance, i.e. holding two contradictory ideas in your head at the same time.

So it's not even surprising that this guy HariPrasad claims that India is the undisputed number 1 in the field of supercomputers.

Hell, that's tame compared to their claims of having space craft and nuclear weapons several thousand years ago:

Hindu nationalists claim ancient sage 'invented spaceships' | The National
Self deception is the worst kind of all deception

Yes in a demonstration of our paper tiger quality, we have just launched 20 satellite in one mission at just 10% of the cost compared to other space launch agency. We just reached mars where you failed miserably inspie of using russian rocket. We are going to launch air breathing engine in a very short time.Mini Hubble, usabl e vehicle and what not?????
Remember too much boast will do no good. When we join the supercomputer race, we didn't jump from zero to the #1. It takes us incremental step on yearly basis to reach that top podium. So you should try to build a 10pflops supercomputer first before trying to outjump everyone.

See what ever you may say but what I have quoted is not my imagination and i have substentated it with a public domain information. The problem with chinese is that they are unable to tolrate anything if india goes ahead in this area. Look, we have already shown in the spece technology who is the boss. In super computing and defense also, the picture shall be very clear whos is ahead. However, i do not hve any problem if you do not want to believe it. Look at the incident of today. We outjumped everyone in our record flight of PSLV 34 by launching 20 satellite togather. Next month, we are going to outjump every one by using airbreating engine. Had I told you this a year ago, you guys would have mocked me like you are doing today. Ours is a country of brilliant people. We are all set to outperform every one forget about china. Our main problem of week leadership is nomer there. You and me both are here. I will remind you every time when we outjump others. Please keep a big heart to accept some truth which you may not like to accept. Please accept today that we have outjumped each and every country except US in 20 satellite launch in a single flight.
Our next mission is multiple launch in multiple orbit.

Well the whole point of delusion is that they cannot see their own delusion, right?

Just compare these two articles side by side:

India will become a superpower by 2012: President Kalam - Economic Times

More poverty in India than in the entire continent of Africa - BBC News

This is a very good example of cognitive dissonance, i.e. holding two contradictory ideas in your head at the same time.

So it's not even surprising that this guy HariPrasad claims that India is the undisputed number 1 in the field of supercomputers.

Hell, that's tame compared to their claims of having space craft and nuclear weapons several thousand years ago:

Hindu nationalists claim ancient sage 'invented spaceships' | The National

Ohhhhh, I was just waiting for you with the post of Kalam's statement for 1000th time here. Let me tell you, We are on right track, if not in 2012 than we shall become in 2032. There can always be few years here and there in predicting the future.
And so far as poverty is concern, look what world bank said.
http://www.business-standard.com/ar...oor-population-world-bank-115100500297_1.html

http://www.business-standard.com/ar...y-rate-at-12-4-in-2011-12-115100600073_1.html

in 2014 World bank Data.

1407101142-5727.jpg
98.9 million is just 8% of our population. It would have shrunk to 5 or 6% by now.

ALL the data I quoted are from World Bank. So not do not troll here. If you can not digest our progress in all area , it is not our fault. I know that You are very upset with 20 satellite launch of India today. Your bregging is not going to prove anything. We have not changed poverty line from 1.25 USD in ppp to 0.24 USD PPP to reduce poverty (By manipulation ) like you people. So just relax and enjoy some coffee. We are going to launch air breathing engine next month. So it is a bad time for you. Now when ever you want to criticize indian poverty, come with authentic and latest figures.

Last edited:
Yes in a demonstration of our paper tiger quality, we have just launched 20 satellite in one mission at just 10% of the cost compared to other space launch agency. We just reached mars where you failed miserably inspie of using russian rocket. We are going to launch air breathing engine in a very short time.Mini Hubble, usabl e vehicle and what not?????

See what ever you may say but what I have quoted is not my imagination and i have substentated it with a public domain information. The problem with chinese is that they are unable to tolrate anything if india goes ahead in this area. Look, we have already shown in the spece technology who is the boss. In super computing and defense also, the picture shall be very clear whos is ahead. However, i do not hve any problem if you do not want to believe it. Look at the incident of today. We outjumped everyone in our record flight of PSLV 34 by launching 20 satellite togather. Next month, we are going to outjump every one by using airbreating engine. Had I told you this a year ago, you guys would have mocked me like you are doing today. Ours is a country of brilliant people. We are all set to outperform every one forget about china. Our main problem of week leadership is nomer there. You and me both are here. I will remind you every time when we outjump others. Please keep a big heart to accept some truth which you may not like to accept. Please accept today that we have outjumped each and every country except US in 20 satellite launch in a single flight.
Honestly that is nothing to boost about because China has already done that with CZ 6 one year ahead of India. And actually CZ 6 rocket has done that with 1/3 of PSLV launch mass, 103,217 kg of CZ-6 vs 320,000 kg of PSLV-C34, and about the same payload capacity, CZ-6's 1,080 kg vs PSLV C34's 1,288 kg to SSO. You don't see China bragging about CZ-6 last year of achieving launching 20 satellites in a single flight, because technically the technology is not that much more difficult to launch 20 satellites than let's say launching 3 satellites in one go. It just means you have mastered multi-satellite launch capability.
Also I have to point out is that the record of the most satellites launched in one mission is still hold by Russian Dnepr rocket with 37 satellites in 2014.
http://www.nasaspaceflight.com/2015/09/china-debut-launch-long-march-6/
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...atellites-into-orbit/articleshow/52862382.cms
https://www.nasaspaceflight.com/2014/06/russian-dnepr-rocket-record-launch-37-satellites/

The funny thing is that from the indian news, it not only conviniently omitted CZ-6 launch last year, and also got the facts wrong about the Russian mission which they could easily find on NASA's webpage. On behalf of the Russian space ageny I have to ask the editor of TOI, where the hell did other 4 satellites went in their report.

Last edited:
Please accept today that we have outjumped each and every country except US in 20 satellite launch in a single flight.

Congratulations for the launch.

But why you think you could brag this in front of the Chinese. We used the CZ-6 rocket to do "one rocket, 20 satellites" launch in 2015.

What's particular important is, CZ-6 is a quick launcher, i.e. it needs less preparation time and fewer infrastructure support for the launch, similar to the ballistic missiles of our second artillery forces (to a certain extent).

Quantity of satellites? Sorry, we don't care that much. What could you expect a 1kg potato to do for you on orbit?

Pictures of the CZ-6 rocket.
LM61.jpg

LM62.jpg

LM63.jpg

Honestly that is nothing to boost about because China has already done that with CZ 6 one year ahead of India. And actually CZ 6 rocket has done that with 1/3 of PSLV launch mass, 103,217 kg of CZ-6 vs 320,000 kg of PSLV-C34, and about the same payload capacity, CZ-6's 1,080 kg vs PSLV C34's 1,288 kg to SSO. You don't see China bragging about CZ-6 last year about to achieve launching 20 satellites in a single flight, because technically the technology is not that much more difficult to launch 20 satellites than let's say launching 3 satellites in one go. It just means you have mastered multi-satellite launch capability.
Also I have to point out is that the record of the most satellites launched in one mission is still hold by Russian Dnepr rocket with 37 satellites in 2014.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...atellites-into-orbit/articleshow/52862382.cms
https://www.nasaspaceflight.com/2014/06/russian-dnepr-rocket-record-launch-37-satellites/

Ohhhhh What you do is very great achievement and what you can not do is just not difficult. If it is not very difficult than why did you not do that. All money what we got would have gone to you. You troll and bregg here as much as you can. Now also say that mars mission was very esy so India sucesseded and moon mission was very difficult so you failed. Say that.

@cirr @AndrewJin

What is the future Chinese development track regarding HPC?

As far as the US is concerned, it has financed three 100-200 Petaflop machines by 2018, and then start work on Exascale, to be commissioned by 2023.

The only knowledge that I have is that China will upgrade Tianhe 2 to Tianhe 2A, anywhere between 100-200 Petaflops.

Of course there is the plan to reach Exascale by 2020, but I think US would lead in performance count, and may be even in top machine if China doesn't introduce one more machine above 100 Petaflops by 2018.
Why can't you indians see the main stream?The number of Chinese supercomputer in TOP500 and computing capability has surpass USA,not only the top two.

You met him in person? Whoever the Indian scholar said that is a very smart man. Unfortunately, it will take generations for Indians to truly understand what he meant.
Not possible. I have talked to some Indians who have never worked in India and never willing to work in their home country. They are supposed to more open-minded and the experiences abroad should have largely broadened their horizon. Unfortunately, quite the same closed minded like those back home. I guess because they are from the established upper class and highest caste.

it is and it doesn't use any Uncle Sam processors :china:

but still it's inefficient design compared to the U.S and Japan based supercomputers out right now and more so when Summit and Aurora come in 2017

though it is more efficient compared to Tianhe-2 by 13%
My friend ... The China supercomputer used domestic CPUs instead of Intel / AMD, it's indeed a bigger progress than world supercomputer rank. Considering China chip industry still weaker than U.S, this N.o1 for China is a greater achievement !

Making domestic CPU is much harder than assembly a supercomputer, Chinese JUST DID IT ! :-)

Ohhhhh What you do is very great achievement and what you can not do is just not difficult. If it is not very difficult than why did you not do that. All money what we got would have gone to you. You troll and bregg here as much as you can. Now also say that mars mission was very esy so India sucesseded and moon mission was very difficult so you failed. Say that.
Again, non of the Chinese bragged about achieving 20 satellites launch last year with CZ-6. You are the one who kept bringing the subject up here. That definitely says something here doesn't it?

Please provide the link of 20 satellite launch of china in a single mission.
:crazy::crazy::crazy:
Already did in the previous post, anyhow here it is again.
Remember that was September 19, 2015, and CZ 6 rocket has done that with 1/3 of PSLV launch mass, 103,217 kg of CZ-6 vs 320,000 kg of PSLV-C34, and about the same payload capacity, CZ-6's 1,080 kg vs PSLV C34's 1,288 kg to SSO.

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/new-chin...test-top500-list.435632/page-13#ixzz4CIxyzSEf

Why can't you indians see the main stream?The number of Chinese supercomputer in TOP500 and computing capability has surpass USA,not only the top two.

But supercomputing power is concentrated on the top. So for example, Sunway light alone has the computing power twice than the other 9 members of the list COMBINED.

So, if US brings forth 2-3 200 Pflops machines, the bottom machines will hardly count.

Back
Top Bottom