What's new

China Dominates the World TOP500 Supercomputers

Just the same way America failed to reach on venus venus in its initial attempts and we made in first attempt. Just the same way they denied us super computer and we made it ourselves faster than what we had asked for.
Okay, the Indian only PLANNED Venus mission so far, and now you are already claiming it made in first attempt? No wonder how india can make a 100+ exaflops computer in just 4 years, why not in just 4 month or even 4 days.

Now let's assume that India indeed can make an exaflops computer right now, the most effecient super computer right now is 6 Gflop/watt, while the average is around 2-3 Gflop/watt. So for the best scenario in order to support 1 exaflops super computer you already need 167 MW of power supply and 132exoflops computer would need 22,044 MW of power supply. And to give you a clear picture of how much power it is, the total power capacity allocated to Delhi is 8,346.72 MW. So in order to run this computer, you would need 2.6 time of power capacity that has been supplying Delhi alone, and almost 10% of India's total power capacity.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/States_of_India_by_installed_power_capacity

Awesome. Some achievement that.
Was in Beijing this week to train some folks. Super impressive city. Don't know why people complain of pollution. It was clean and pleasant and super modern.

Having experienced a little of China, also felt a lot of hope for India if only we can pull our heads in and get out shit together.
Cause people wanna more clean city and living enviroment with higher standard!:cheers:

Okay, the Indian only PLANNED Venus mission so far, and now you are already claiming it made in first attempt? No wonder how india can make a 100+ exaflops computer in just 4 years, why not in just 4 month or even 4 days.

Now let's assume that India indeed can make an exaflops computer right now, the most effecient super computer right now is 6 Gflop/watt, while the average is around 2-3 Gflop/watt. So for the best scenario in order to support 1 exaflops super computer you already need 167 MW of power supply and 132exoflops computer would need 22,044 MW of power supply. And to give you a clear picture of how much power it is, the total power capacity allocated to Delhi is 8,346.72 MW. So in order to run this computer, you would need 2.6 time of power capacity that has been supplying Delhi alone, and almost 10% of India's total power capacity.

I didn't know before the super computer are power tigers (electricity guzzler). tks

For a large potion of Indians, "plan" = "done"; "schedule put on power point" = "reality that has been achieved".

I am sorry. It happened because my computer suddenly became very slow and i missed the link of what I was writting. Corrected. Thanks for drawing the attention.

For a large potion of Indians, "plan" = "done"; "schedule put on power point" = "reality that has been achieved".
Yes, incredible.
I think it's a kind of coping mechanism when the reality is in despair.
They've been cheering up a future HSR years ago, climax attack, every month.

We know they are THE superpower when it comes to PPT, but it still surprised me that some supposedly educated, the cream of the crop Indians, who claimed to make $100 a day in a country that poverty line is only 50 cents, could be so ignorant and so incapable of critical thinking, or even lack of common sense. "An open society with a closed mind", like an Indian scholar said long time ago.

Last edited:
You can rant whatever suites you. In last year or so, It is undisputadely proven that who is the boss in space technology and rocketry. It is a matter of time when it will be proven that who is the boss in super computing. We are heading for THAAD like air defense and nano missiles. Ultra long range, Air breathing , composite motor etc. In the same way, we are putting up a nation wide super computing network and our 132 exa flop computer shall be ready by 2020. just 600 time faster than what you have. so enjoy your superiority for few years untill we surpass you with unmatchable lead in super computing speed.
Remember too much boast will do no good. When we join the supercomputer race, we didn't jump from zero to the #1. It takes us incremental step on yearly basis to reach that top podium. So you should try to build a 10pflops supercomputer first before trying to outjump everyone.

"An open society with a closed mind", like an Indian scholar said long time ago.
Met this guy, very smart man
Kishore-Mahbubani.jpg

I suspect that HariPrassad is a false flagger who is trying to discredit the Indians just like @RisingShiningSuperpower.

I thought so as well. But you know, even the Indian President himself claimed that India became a superpower in 2012:

India will become a superpower by 2012: President Kalam - Economic Times

(Even though India has more poverty/starvation than the entire continent of Africa).

In comparison to that claim, this guy HariPrasad is nothing much.

Interesting indeed. A nation in delusion, from the president to average Joe and john?

Well the whole point of delusion is that they cannot see their own delusion, right?

Just compare these two articles side by side:

More poverty in India than in the entire continent of Africa - BBC News

This is a very good example of cognitive dissonance, i.e. holding two contradictory ideas in your head at the same time.

So it's not even surprising that this guy HariPrasad claims that India is the undisputed number 1 in the field of supercomputers.

Hell, that's tame compared to their claims of having space craft and nuclear weapons several thousand years ago:

Hindu nationalists claim ancient sage 'invented spaceships' | The National

I thought so as well. But you know, even the Indian President himself claimed that India became a superpower in 2012:

(Even though India has more poverty/starvation than the entire continent of Africa).

In comparison to that claim, this guy HariPrasad is nothing much.

The superpower India dwarfs the progress China has made so far. What a sad news!

President Xi: China is still the largest developing country
123456789.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom