What's new

China Dominates the World TOP500 Supercomputers

The top 5 ways the US can build the fastest supercomputer

hpc4.jpg

Proposal by Alex Larzelere, Senior Fellow at the U.S. Council on Competitiveness.

Look at point #5.
Before you can learn, you have to be humble!
I like his honesty.
:-)

My sense is that the cycle of an old age of decay and suffering is nearing an end. A new cycle is beginning. The Tao is returning, my friends. The Tao is returning...
R u saying the tao of decay & suffering will come back to haunt china again in the next cycle?

R u saying the tao of decay & suffering will come back to haunt china again in the next cycle?

Dear Kuge,

Please, refrain from such assertions.

Tao is one the most precious gift to humanity.

Why belitte such a human heritage for mere entertainment.

The Tao is about life and wisdom, absence of the Tao creates decay and suffering.

Wish you the very best in life.

All the best.

Dear Kuge,

Please, refrain from such assertions.

Tao is one the most precious gift to humanity.

Why belitte such a human heritage for mere entertainment.

The Tao is about life and wisdom, absence of the Tao creates decay and suffering.

Wish you the very best in life.

All the best.

Bro, have you read the books written by Derek Lin?

All his books on the Tao are great and I recommend all of them. The only one that isnt necessary is his translation of the Tao Te Ching but that is also worthwhile.

Bro, have you read the books written by Derek Lin?

All his books on the Tao are great and I recommend all of them. The only one that isnt necessary is his translation of the Tao Te Ching but that is also worthwhile.

My dear brother, I have only read one. Tao Te Ching from the Sage himself.

Since then, all the years have been spent in amazment and respect of the Unfathomable Tao.

And the rest of this person's life is for the study and absorption of the Great Tao.

The Tao can never be read in all honesty. Neither can it be put in words. Words are limiting by their very nature.

I wish that our young Chinese would spend less time with smart phones and at least spend a short time a week in reflection.

Just a wish..

My dear brother, I have only read one. Tao Te Ching from the Sage himself.

Since then, all the years have been spent in amazment and respect of the Unfathomable Tao.

And the rest of this person's life is for the study and absorption of the Great Tao.

The Tao can never be read in all honesty. Neither can it be put in words. Words are limiting by their very nature.

I wish that our young Chinese would spend less time with smart phones and at least spend a short time a week in reflection.

Just a wish..

Hehe

Bro, you are one in a million. Im sorry to say that true practitioners of the Tao are a dying breed. These days quasi religious lip service is much more popular - just show up at a Church and say a few words and Heaven is promised! Bow a hundred times to a statue fro heavens blessing!

You are like the second person I know who knows the Tao, most people dont even know what its about.

Hehe

Bro, you are one in a million. Im sorry to say that true practitioners of the Tao are a dying breed. These days quasi religious lip service is much more popular - just show up at a Church and say a few words and Heaven is promised! Bow a hundred times to a statue fro heavens blessing!

You are like the second person I know who knows the Tao, most people dont even know what its about.

Bless you!

As the ancient saying goes: When the student is ready teacher comes?

Who sends the teacher, who makes the student ready? The Tao.

Be one with the Tao and you would not need a teacher.

All and everything is appranet for those who can percieve.

Religion is the opium of the masses.

Even in Qi Gong today we see imposters inside and outside China.

By its very practice the initiate is prohibted from showing off and is required to work invisibly.

You enjoy yourself, spend youth wisely and reflect on the nature of things without bias.

Look deeply at the symbols of the old wisdom. May you see the meaning within.

The 48th edition of the TOP500 list (Nov. 2016 version) saw China and United States pacing each other for supercomputing supremacy. Both nations now claim 171 systems apiece in the latest rankings, accounting for two-thirds of the list. However, China has maintained its dominance at the top of the list with the same number 1 and 2 systems from six months ago: Sunway TaihuLight, at 93 petaflops, and Tianhe-2, at 34 petaflops. This latest edition of the TOP500 was announced Monday, November 14, at the SC16 conference in Salt Lake City, Utah.

After US and China, Germany claims the most systems with 32, followed by Japan with 27, France with 20, and the UK with 17. A year ago the US was the clear leader with 200 systems, while China had 108, Japan had 37, Germany had 33, and both France and the UK had 18.

In addition to matching each other in system count in the latest rankings, China and the US are running neck and neck in aggregate Linpack performance. The US holds the narrowest of leads, with 33.9 percent of the total; China is second with 33.3 percent. The total performance of all 500 computers on the list is now 672 petaflops, a 60 percent increase from a year ago.

https://www.top500.org/lists/2016/11/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I personally feel sad about this news. China's Sunway TaihuLight's maintaining of the Top 1 ranking means we humanbeing made no progress in faster computing in the past six months.

Back
Top Bottom