What's new

China DN-3 & HQ-19 Anti-Satellite Missile,New ASAT interceptor threatens U.S. spy satellites

It's not fair to give certain individuals rights of negative ratings for abuse. Disrespectful remarks are everywhere in the forum. Every forumer should have possibility to voice a negative feeling on certain behaviour, not just a privilege of a selected few. I would personally challenge your remarks because jhungary has been anti Chinese in most comments for being a Chinese flagger. He is not at all respectful among Chinese posters. This case is very similar to what a Japanese militant believer is given rights to negatively rate Chinese posts on Japanese history issues. There are plenty of serious mocks, insults and attacks thrown around in the forum in any minute. I think that you should be shamed for only showing up here to give your warnings!

Regards
What was abuse in this case?weren't you people making fun of him?weren't you people trying to abuse him?If you think that rating was unjustified given by him,then I am here for review,for help and support.
Learn to accept if you have or anyone else has done something wrong.Show me where he went wrong,I will review and reverse.
Dragging his personal life,calling him retard,hating him for being American,hating him for American policies,demonizing him and nonsense bullying..what do you want us to do?

regards

What was abuse in this case?weren't you people making fun of him?weren't you people trying to abuse him?If you think that rating was unjustified given by him,then I am here for review,for help and support.
Learn to accept if you have or anyone else has done something wrong.Show me where he went wrong,I will review and reverse.
Dragging his personal life,calling him retard,hating him for being American,hating him for American policies,demonizing him and nonsense bullying..what do you want us to do?

regards

I just left 13 negative on the poster for personal/national insult, can you please do check if the posts deserve a negative rating?

Most of the post were basically calling other member "Stupid", "Moron" "dumb" and "Idiot" where some were simply calling other national slur like Japs and so on.

I just left 13 negative on the poster for personal/national insult, can you please do check if the posts deserve a negative rating?

Most of the post were basically calling other member "Stupid", "Moron" "dumb" and "Idiot" where some were simply calling other national slur like Japs and so on.
Post it at review ratings thread,with link.

regards

regards

Pls just check how many negative ratings I got from jhungary in the last 10 minutes. What a joke for the privilege in the wrong hands! Pls not use you people we people and etc. I think it's a sick response for what I have written to you.

Regards

@Slav Defence you probably see why negative rating is of no use to these people :)

You are who you are, aren't you? Pls feel happy that I put you on my unwanted list!@jhungary

Pls just check how many negative ratings I got from jhungary in the last 10 minutes. What a joke for the privilege in the wrong hands! Pls not use you people we people and etc. I think it's a sick response for what I have written to you.

Regards

You are who you are, aren't you? Pls feel happy that I put you on my unwanted list!@jhungary
Stop arguing and simply post me all those links and ratings given by jhungary.If jhungary went wrong,then he will surely pay the consequence and vice versa.
what was sick in there?sick is this that you humiliate somebody,sick is when someone gets insulted for no reason.When someone's nationality and country is abused,that is what we call sick attitude.

regards

Last edited:

Regards

I though you don't care about the negative.

By the way, all my negative rating is from you actually insulting other people, I had actually had @Slav Defence to look at the post himself, he will remove any rating that not deserve a rating (Although I doubt that very much) so I don't know what you are biatching about.....If you think those are not insult, then they would be reverted. And those weren't reverted means you are actually insulting other, then where is the abuse of power when you insult someone and got a negative rating on the process??

Change of plan, I am gonna let Slav Defence review the post, then leave the rating later

Anyways without GPS support, most U.S.A equpments will be Blind ... a weakness for U.S if China can get down Spy/GPS satellites,especially for those UAVs.
You are assuming that US strictly relies upon GPS for its surveillance needs. This is false.

US have fielded following types of satellites in the space at different altitudes:-

1. Surveillance satellites (~2000 km altitude)
2. GPS satellites (~20,000 km altitude)
3. Strategic communication satellites (~36,000 km altitude)
4. Early warning satellites (~36,000 km altitude)

Chinese ASAT weapon systems are indeed a threat to US assets in the space but ASAT operations are complicated and US is developing countermeasures for them.

China destroyed a (Chinese) satellite at an altitude of 853 km in a test in 2007. However, destroying a large number of satellites at much higher altitudes would be a much more challenging task accordingly. On top of everything, it is important to distinguish commercial satellites from military satellites. US have fielded a total of 549 satellites in space so far; 152 among them are for military related purposes. More importantly, knocking out GPS does not diminishes US military capability.

FYI: http://www.darpa.mil/program/adaptable-navigation-systems

The military question is whether the United States has the capability to target Chinese silos with only inertial guidance to prevent a devastating Chinese counter-strike on major US cities.

The answer is "no." The US cannot stop Chinese ICBMs based in silos by using only inertial guidance on American warheads.
See below.

This means the US will be utterly devastated by Chinese DF-5B 8-MIRV, DF-31B 3-MIRV, and DF-41 10-MIRV ICBMs that are safely protected inside hardened silos. Additionally, silos can be reloaded within 24 hours. This means there's a second wave of Chinese MIRVed ICBMs on their way. If there are extra missiles, China can launch a third wave of MIRVed ICBMs from hardened silos.

The inability to knock out Chinese hardened silos with only inertial guidance has serious implications for the survivability of American cities. There will be nothing left.

Hardened silos are more valuable than mobile ICBMs. Mobile ICBMs are susceptible to EMPs unless they have extremely heavy EMP-shielded protection, which is incredibly expensive.
What about US national missile defense plan? You think that it won't work?

Here is a live demonstration of an intercept of a long range Ballistic Missile in space:

Also, it is foolish to assume that US would conduct a military operation against China (or any nation) without proper planning.

There is no such thing as a first strike.

The infrared launch signatures of ICBMs would engender a near-simultaneous counter-strike.

In this thread, the question is whether inertial guidance by itself is sufficient to destroy an ICBM in a silo.

This question is important, because ICBM launch strategy is complicated.

You can't launch all of your ICBMs at once, because you are afraid of a megaton-EMP destroying their guidance systems. Thus, ICBMs have to be held in reserve in silos.

While the complicated steps unfold in a thermonuclear exchange, the destruction of GPS satellites is important. This leaves both sides with only inertial guidance. This means only cities will be targeted. Without GPS, silos cannot be accurately targeted.

Without GPS, the only recourse is mutual destruction. An attack on only military facilities that contain ICBMs is not feasible.
Have China fielded a comprehensive missile early warning system?

US does have an official FIRST STRIKE policy but its effectiveness against a (target) nation will depend upon the missile early warning capability of that nation.

So? It still can't hit a target within 1,000 feet. Trident C4 has been around for decades (since 1977). Its CEP is 1,250 feet. Also, its W76 warhead is only 100 kilotons.

Trident C4 fails on both requirements.

1. Less than 1,000 feet from the target.
2. Warhead has to be 500 kilotons.

Also, the citation was based on a hardened 2,000 psi silo. A super-hardened silo is 4,000 psi. The citation stated that Soviet silos were hardened to 8,000 psi.

A 1,250 feet CEP is insufficient to destroy a hardened silo. It is woefully inadequate for a super-hardened silo.

The bottom line is that inertial guidance is not sufficiently accurate to destroy a silo hardened to 2,000 psi. A 4,000 psi silo will require a much closer hit. A 8,000 psi silo cannot be destroyed by inaccurate inertial guidance.

To destroy a 8,000 psi silo requires a direct hit. You need GPS and a half-megaton warhead.
----------

Lockheed Martin UGM-133 Trident II

"The MK 6 stellar/inertial navigation system is able to receive GPS (Global Positioning System) updates, thereby increasing accuracy to that of a land-based ICBM, about 90 m (300 ft) CEP (compared to 380 m (1250 ft) for the C-4)."
Let us have a look at current ICBM inventory of US:-

- Minuteman III (LGM-30G)

CEP = 400 feet (Inertial System)
Inventory = 450 missiles (active)
MiRV = OPTIONAL

- Trident D-5 (UGM-133A)

CEP = 300 feet (Inertial System + Stellar Reference System)
Inventory = 540 missiles (active)
MiRV = 8 warheads installed in each missile

NOTE: All Trident C-4 missiles have been converted to Trident D-5 missiles.

Warheads (fielded) have yields within 100 - 475 kT range.

Do the math now, my friend.

Last edited:
Any country capable of putting GPS satellites into orbit can easily insert kill vehicles into the same orbit to do an ASAT attack. It's basic common sense. Russia has GLONASS. China has Beidou. Both can do an ASAT attack on the US GPS constellation if they wish.

The satellites in the GPS constellation are arranged into six equally spaced orbital planes. Map below.

lboRU9d.jpg

ConstellationGPS.gif

Anything traveling in the same plane but in the opposite orbital direction would have a very high probability of colliding head-on with one or all GPS satellites within the plane. If the first pass fails to impact, the subsequent passes will probably succeed. Any successful interception will shatter the satellite, creating a debris field of hundreds to thousands of objects, and increasing the number of objects capable of destroying additional satellites.

And yes, it's perfectly possible to put satellites (in this case kill vehicles) in the same orbital plane going the opposite direction. Orbits going the same way as the earth's rotation are called prograde. Orbits going the opposite way are called retrograde orbits. Both are possible.

You are assuming that US strictly relies upon GPS for its surveillance needs. This is false.

US have fielded following types of satellites in the space at different altitudes:-

1. Surveillance satellites (~2000 km altitude)
2. GPS satellites (~20,000 km altitude)
3. Strategic communication satellites (~36,000 km altitude)
4. Early warning satellites (~36,000 km altitude)

Chinese ASAT weapon systems are indeed a threat to US assets in the space but ASAT operations are complicated and US is developing countermeasures for them.

China destroyed a (Chinese) satellite at an altitude of 853 km in a test in 2007. However, destroying a large number of satellites at much higher altitudes would be a much more challenging task accordingly. On top of everything, it is important to distinguish commercial satellites from military satellites. US have fielded a total of 549 satellites in space so far; 152 among them are for military related purposes. More importantly, knocking out GPS does not diminishes US military capability.

FYI: http://www.darpa.mil/program/adaptable-navigation-systems
Didn't China have the same capacity to launch sats into the higher altitude ? Yes China can ... and i had posted the CZ-6,CZ-11, KZ-1,KZ-2 small & fast-launched rockets just developed from DN series ASAT missiles, those civil level fast-launched rocket had sent sats into higher altitudes ... so it's not a problem for China ASAT weapon systems when our rocket can send sats into the same higher altitude.

Do they look like each other ??! LOL ... U.S NMD & China CNMD:D:D:D Well there both U.S and China designed the same ASAT missiles.:cheers:
2007122517382163597.jpg

144273957025254-jpg.276083

068114493444790.jpg

201402131517230869-jpg.276084

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom