What's new

China deploys 11,000 troops in Gilgit area in Occupied Kashmir

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Indian media has indeed picked up the story (a mere opinion piece in the New York Times) and run with it. There is obviously a market for stories of this sort in India. What is interesting is that the Indian Governmnet appears more cautious and wants independent confirmation.

And may i ask what is unusual about the bolded part??? Does your govt. blindly believes in media reports and don't verify on their own??? If this news is true then you will find appropriate response from GOI and if this is false alarm then biz will go as usual...

Chinese are not a threat for Pakistan. Even if they are there, we are sure they will be only helping Pakistan in one way or the other. Strategically, we have nothing to loose to them and historically, our cooperation only produced good for both of us.

That might be quiet but its a welcomed move. Now if Chinese are also entering into Kashmir.. I think India must be smoking through every hole it has.

I would want China to have still higher stakes in Paksitan. We have a security threat from USA through Afghanistan and we are always watchful about the acts they do in Pakistan. Chinese presence in Pakistan would be a stabelizing factor for us. We have nothing but only hope and warmth for the country that holds this flag. :china:

I believe exactly opposite....Firstly a sovereign and strong nation do not need forces of a different nation to protect them....Being an ally is one thing hosting their Army is another....Secondly if this news is indeed true then it will prompt GOI to fully back two front war theory which will give a big boost to yet another Arms race thereby further destabilizing the region. Thirdly US will not like such a move and will play it own counter to it thereby adding chaos to the already sensitive region....

I do understand Pakistani or Chinese member looking at it in optimistic manner however world perception would be very different and GOI concern is fair and valid....Anyways lets see how this turns out to be...

And may i ask what is unusual about the bolded part??? Does your govt. blindly believes in media reports and don't verify on their own??? If this news is true then you will find appropriate response from GOI and if this is false alarm then biz will go as usual...

not that simple
chinese people say:
Three people spreading reports of a tiger make you believe there is one around.;
A lie, if repeated often enough, will be accepted as truth.; A repeated slander makes others believe.
this will aggravate the distrust between chinese and indian people.
to be honestly chinese median rarely doing this to indian.

not that simple
chinese people say:Three people spreading reports of a tiger make you believe there is one around.;A lie, if repeated often enough, will be accepted as truth.; A repeated slander makes others believe.
this will aggravate the distrust between chinese and indian people.
to be honestly chinese median rarely doing this to indian.

This is not what i was expecting......let me be more clear this time.....GOI reaching out to their own resources to validate/reject media reports is by no way a measure to say reports are nothing but a lie....Let the investigation be done GOI will make a statement....As far as media is concerned then remember it is western media that broke the story....Indian media is just referring to it....it is a lie or not will come out eventually....so wait before something concrete comes out...

This is not what i was expecting......let me be more clear this time.....GOI reaching out to their own resources to validate/reject media reports is by no way a measure to say reports are nothing but a lie....Let the investigation be done GOI will make a statement....As far as media is concerned then remember it is western media that broke the story....Indian media is just referring to it....it is a lie or not will come out eventually....so wait before something concrete comes out...

I am not trying to be rude but a lot of members on this forum still believes the string of pearl b.s.

I am not trying to be rude but a lot of members on this forum still believes the string of pearl b.s.

No you are not being rude...As far as string of pearl is concerned then why single out Indian media for it???

Here are few links for you....

http://www.strategicstudiesinstitute.army.mil/pdffiles/pub721.pdf
China?s String of Pearls Strategy | China Briefing News
China Garlands India with String of Pearls
BBC News - Is Chittagong one of China's 'string of pearls'?

Anyways if we think logically China would need some sort of naval presence in Malacca straits if they want to have true and effective blue water navy.....this is important from power projection as well as
safeguarding the strategic naval route for uninterrupted oil supply......String of pearls is true or media fabrication i don't know...however the logic behind the whole story is not naive....

god damn only 11.000 i was expecting they send to help us atleast 100.000 . ok we will manage with these . and china please send them with QBZ-95 i like solders with these guns lol

what is the probleum if they deploys the troops india doing more than thaty buying trillions of weapons of daily bases deploying them near pak china borders but when we do same why they cry

Whats new ?

The region that now is Pakistan has leased land for cultivation to those in the middle east, US operates bases from there so it not surprising that the Chinese too have stepped in - they always were there.

Part of the plan to gain access to the Persian Gulf.

Anyways if we think logically China would need some sort of naval presence in Malacca straits if they want to have true and effective blue water navy.....this is important from power projection as well as
safeguarding the strategic naval route for uninterrupted oil supply......QUOTE]

Sorry guys, there had been offers from US, India and Japan to patrol the Straits of Malacca, and all were turned down by Indonesia and Malaysia. Likewise, China will be denied its offer to patrol Straits of Malacca if they make such request.

Although the straits is an international passageway, it is controlled by Indonesia, Malaysia and Singapore. I am glad no major military power dominate this passageway.

Sorry guys, there had been offers from US, India and Japan to patrol the Straits of Malacca, and all were turned down by Indonesia and Malaysia. Likewise, China will be denied its offer to patrol Straits of Malacca if they make such request.

Although the straits is an international passageway, it is controlled by Indonesia, Malaysia and Singapore. I am glad no major military power dominate this passageway.

And i would like it to be the same way....However IOC is one hell of a place to ignore for too long....Anyways lets hope sanity prevails and economies become inclusive to accommodate each other...

Chinese presence in *** not confirmed yet: India
http://www.hindustantimes.com/Chine...t-confirmed-yet-India/H1-Article1-593801.aspx

India is making "independent verification" of the reports of presence of Chinese troops in Gilgit-Baltistan region in ***************** Kashmir, saying it would be a matter of "serious concern" if it turns out to be true. "We have seen media reports...and are seeking an independent verification of these reports. If true, it would be a matter of serious concern and we would do all that is necessary to ensure safety and security of the nation," official spokesman of the Ministry of External Affairs Vishnu Prakash told reporters on Monday.

He was asked about the reports in New York Times about the influx of an estimated 7,000 to 11,000 soldiers of the Chinese People's Liberation Army in strategic Gilgit-Baltistan region in the ***, which is closed to the world.

According to the US newspaper, "China wants a grip on the strategic area to assure unfettered road and rail access to the Gulf through Pakistan," and for this purpose is building high-speed rail and road link.

The link up would enable Beijing to transport cargo and oil tankers from eastern China to the new Chinese-built Pakistani Naval base at Gawadar, Pasni and Ormara in Balochistan, just east of the Gulf in 48 hours.

"Many of the PLA soldiers entering Gilgit-Baltistan are expected to work on the railroad. Some are extending the Karakoram Highway, built to link China's Xinjiang province with Pakistan. Others are working on dams, expressways and other project," the paper said.

Western Media making up stories.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom