What's new

China denies visa to IAF officer, India cancels defence team visit

Is this not a bit childish? China and India should not let this or that detail get in the way of cooperation.

i read that delegates will proceed but they are reduced to half

Go ahead, put your money where your mouth is. :lol:

Break all ties with China.

Once we no longer recognize each other as nations, the only thing that remains is the territorial dispute, so it will be much easier for both sides to repeat 1962. You'll get another showdown, and who knows how much more the Indian politicians are willing to give up this time.

Every day in not Sunday CD............

And your CPC knows this better then u guys. If that was not the case, then PLA would have attacked us long back.

What ever you say to deny........ but we have already harnessed the Dragon.

well said ..dada.. but few are eager to earn brownies here. they dont see chin aggression when they cancelled talks last time just bcoz Dalai Lama was present in a Buddhist conference..and there aggression doesnt stop there ..they asked WB govt to not attend certain function..I mean do u believe all this..height of hypocrisy..and listen to these chins they are behaving now as if theyare saint or something...
I only want to say is..this is just a slap on wrist for cancelling the previous border talks.
calm down, young one.
Sorry Abhi, I don't buy that. The man in question is a serving Group Captain of the IAF. He is qualified to be a part of the delegation. That is all that needs to be seen. Nothing else. No military in the world would accept such conditions. Do you think it is fair or logical to make a dossier entry into his record of service that he is ineligible for any mission to China because he hails from Arunachal? What do you think he would do if such dossier entry were made? He would go to Court and haul the IAF along and please believe me that there is no Court in India which would not uphold the officer's plea. IAF could never explain its actions.

Your line of thinking is totally unacceptable. It is OK for a civilian non Indian to think that way but it is totally unrealistic. The officer has reached where he is today by sheer merit and competence and that is what the computer which selected him for the mission recognises. Supposing that there was a Pakistani military delegation visiting India and India objected to one officer because he hails from Gilgit or Baltistan (places which India claims as her own). Ask any Pakistani officer if his government would accept such conditionality. China knew that it left us with no option but to call off the visit as otherwise, dropping the officer from the list would imply that India accepts China's claim over Arunachal.

of course you can disagree, you have as much right as me to say what you think. We're both thinking for the best of our countries, just different ways :tup: I'm glad GOI did what in my opinion was the mature thing to do.

India has decided to send a truncated military delegation to China after Beijing denied visa to an Indian Air Force (IAF) official because he is from Arunachal Pradesh, Foreign Office sources said. The composition of the Indian defence delegation has been halved from 30 to 15 said the sources while denying reports that the visit had been shelved.

Sources said the officer will not be part of the smaller delegation. India in the past has avoided sending officials domiciled in Arunachal Pradesh for defence exchanges with China. Analysts here wondered whether India was trying to judge China’s response by selecting the officer or if he was inadvertently chosen for the tri-services defence exchange.

There were reports that till Friday night the Government was considering the idea of putting off the trip. This would have been the second break in defence exchanges over visa issues for armed forces personnel in less than two years. India had suspended high level defence exchanges in 2010 after China denied a stamped visa to a senior army on grounds that he was serving in Jammu and Kashmir. It took a year and high level interaction between the Indian and Chinese leaderships to resume high level defence exchanges though border and other flag meetings had been taking place as scheduled.

With India deciding against a renewed freeze on defence ties, the delegation will leave as scheduled on January 10 and visit Beijing, Nanjing and Shanghai during the four-day trip
The Hindu : News / National : 15-member Indian military delegation to visit China

Expected News from spineless Ruling Gov. :tdown:

Indian military team's China visit is on

New Delhi, Jan 6, (IANS) :
The visit of an Indian military delegation to China is on, though scaled down, even as a visa was denied to an Indian Air Force (IAF) officer from Arunachal Pradesh, government sources said Saturday.

The number of delegates has been scaled down to 15 from the original 30, the sources said.

The decision to keep the scheduled visit that begins Jan 10 comes a day after defence sources said it had been called off because the Chinese embassy here refused a visa to one of the participants, Group Captain Mohonto Panging, without specifying any reasons.

The team of the IAF, army and navy was to travel to China on a four-day visit for a bilateral defence exchange programme.

They are to visit Beijing, Nanjing and Shanghai.

The China visit is part of confidence building measures between the two sides and comes after a similar one by the Chinese military commanders last month.

China has sparked a visa row with India in the past. Beijing claims Arunachal Pradesh as its territory and has been denying travel permits to those hailing from the northeastern state despite protests.

Beijing has also been denying visas to Jammu and Kashmir residents.

Earlier in 2010, China denied a visa to Lt. Gen. B.S. Jaswal, then head of the Northern Command, because he was serving in Jammu and Kashmir.

The visit of the military team Jaswal was leading was cancelled and India also temporarily called off its defence exchanges with China.

However, the defence exchanges resumed after India sent a delegation in June last year.

The latest visa row came close on the heels of a controversy over threats to two Indian traders involved in a financial dispute in the Chinese city of Yiwu.

The two Indian traders, who were holed up in a hotel in Yiwu, were released Wednesday after the Indian consulate intervened.

Indian military team's China visit is on

^^ I don't see any other reason more than this to throw this government out. :tdown:

Ok so the talks are on.... lets see if their is any progress made (I doubt it). In the meantime defense preparedness is slowly being enhanced on the border.

LOL, congrassi jokers have gone mad... time to elect modi and BJP and ban congrassi govt forever... they have fucked up this country for the last 60 yrs... even NH system was started by BJP... but still idiots in our country never learn... :guns:

where are those who bragged and trumpet about retaliation against China for denying Visa of this so call arunachal pradesh officier...what a bunch spineless Indians.

indians are an over sensitive bunch..mature nations dont behave this way! Every country reserves the right to reject visa with or without reason as they please..no point protesting over it!

indians are an over sensitive bunch..mature nations dont behave this way! Every country reserves the right to reject visa with or without reason as they please..no point protesting over it!
LOL look whos talking !! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

for 99% of indians it was a anti-democratic decision.( surely congress will go down-you do not cross some limits. ). but on the other hand we are bidding our time keeping the conflicts low, and when we grow strong enough you'll learn your lesson if you will try something absurd.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom