What's new

China demands ‘its share’ of Arunachal Pradesh

nah, the transportation cost is going to be many times higher. let's just a&sr%pe indians and establish a land link between bangladesh and china where the distance is the shortest

First take care of Vietnam and Philippines, then worry about India.

The US intelligence has report that india is preparing for a small scale military conflict with China. I don't know how the indians have come to a conclusion that the conflict will remain limited in scope. It seems india is more confidant than China is. Most probably india is counting on the US incitement behind Vietnam in the South China Sea.

The US intelligence has report that india is preparing for a small scale military conflict with China. I don't know how the indians have come to a conclusion that the conflict will remain limited in scope. It seems india is more confidant than China is. Most probably india is counting on the US incitement behind Vietnam in the South China Sea.

The assumption is simple. The Chinese, like the Indians have a lot to lose in a unlimited conflict. No one is about to destroy30 years of hard work (as in China's case) & 20 years of not-so hard work (as in India's case) for a small border dispute. The conflict, if it happens will be a demonstration of strength & intent rather than a all out war. Hence, "Limited".

limited in the sense that only the chinese military region tasked with dealing with india will respond to indian provocation (and another military region will handle vietnam; yet another wa and bonzi). that military region will be unrestricted in its military responses to india and in that sense it will be a total war for indians.

The thing is India don't trust China even after whooping bilateral trade of $73 Billion and please bury other assumptions.

limited in the sense that only the chinese military region tasked with dealing with india will respond to indian provocation (and another military region will handle vietnam; yet another wa and bonzi). that military region will be unrestricted in its military responses to india and in that sense it will be a total war for indians.

What kind of provocations are expected from the indian side and where is the red line?

The thing is India don't trust China even after whooping bilateral trade of $73 Billion and please bury other assumptions.

the thing is, after indians backstabbed china in the 50's and 60's, they knew china was going to pay them back and couldn't get one night of good sleep. their strategic posture of the last half century was that of a thief or fugitive who knew his own guilt and was fearful of rightful and inevitable punishment. chinese, of course, while resenting indian thievery, are also amused by the amount of conflicted feelings and fear and insecurity and other assortment of weird emotions indians are going through. doesn't mean we won't smack these thieves again, but we will do it with some pity and compassion

the thing is, after indians backstabbed china in the 50's and 60's, they knew china was going to pay them back and couldn't get one night of good sleep. their strategic posture of the last half century was that of a thief or fugitive who knew his own guilt and was fearful of rightful and inevitable punishment. chinese, of course, while resenting indian thievery, are also amused by the amount of conflicted feelings and fear and insecurity and other assortment of weird emotions indians are going through. doesn't mean we won't smack these thieves again, but we will do it with some pity and compassion

India has got a propmotion from being a thief to a robber. This robbers' club is militarily very strong at the moment and this has made india reckless.

are both countries ready for war?

the military leaderships of both countries i believe understand that a war is probable and in the very least possible. it is just the scale and scope each is preparing for. china is doubtlessly preparing for a local, surgical one, mobilizing from no more than one military district, whereas india might be preparing for a total war, given the proximity of indian heartland to the war zone, and may even be tempted to launch an offensive on the western border against a second foe.

indian military planner are truly inept if they didn't already see the great peril in which your northeastern region lies. they must know the military imperative to protect the narrow passage. logically, there are only two ways to relieve the region of the immense geographical pressure: one, to grab more land from china; two, to grab more land from bangladesh. since india already took some bad thrashing from china and is militarily weaker, its military planning must be aimed at robbing bangladesh. by virtue of the geographical weakness and india's desire to overcome it, india already is and will always be such an existential threat to bangladesh. so indian threat isn't something i could've invented. it is unfortunate that indians' natural desire of security must constitute such a grave threat to its neighbor.

so i am not even morally judging you indians: if i were in your position, i would desperately think of ways to get my neck out of that vice and be willing to go to a war of aggression and annexion to do so. luckily i am not, so the moral duty of china is to help bangladesh to avoid the grim fate (and the endless suffering and repression and misery if they ever become subjects of indian federation). beheading india at its northeastern junction is relatively easy compared to other forms of chinese intervention that can truly diminish indian threat to its neighbors and can help bangladesh a HUGE lot.

Yeah spot on, thats the difference between the chinese and us, You wouldn't think twice before harming a weaker neighbour, U r masters at backstabbing. And no we are not planning to take over any part BD. And yes yr help will most likely turn BD into basket cases like burma and north korea. And yes us being weaker is just in yr dreams - rest all is BS.

the military leaderships of both countries i believe understand that a war is probable and in the very least possible. it is just the scale and scope each is preparing for. china is doubtlessly preparing for a local, surgical one, mobilizing from no more than one military district, whereas india might be preparing for a total war, given the proximity of indian heartland to the war zone, and may even be tempted to launch an offensive on the western border against a second foe.

:lol: If our polity was that strong, we'd infrastructurally be ahead of you guys today, mate. Trust me, you're overestimating Munni and his Mistress. :P.

Wars are to be fought with brains and not brawns alone. Even someone as awesome as Modi won't do it. Let alone the current Colonial-slave clowns in UPA government.

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 PM ----------

What kind of provocations are expected from the indian side and where is the red line?

Why are you getting excited for it? Calm down. Expect a skirmish nor two but nothing more. Skirmishes are to satisfy political clout. Especially for two countries that want to economically strengthen themselves. Going to war now for either us or the Reds would be stupid and would undo all our hard work.

Can't say about you lot though.

^ Are you sick of the indian way of doing things? Why doesn't Sikkim simply offer to join China? Maybe something can be worked out. At least China can bring Sikkim infrastructure trade, modern comforts and dignity.

Why doesn't Sikkim simply offer to join China? Maybe something can be worked out.
^cuz they (Sikkimese) are as Indian as Delhiites

but hey, don't stop with the asinine comments, they are worth a chuckle

At least China can bring Sikkim infrastructure trade, modern comforts and dignity.
dignity, ehh? you mean like shutting down networks in tibet, or killing them for not celebrating chinese new year :azn:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom