What's new

China defends its latest incursion into Ladakh's Chumar sector

thestringshredder

Reaction score
Country
India
Virtually defending the latest incursion by the PLA in the Chumar sector in Ladakh, China today said its troops were patrolling on its side of the Line of Actual Control (LAC) and asserted that "status quo" should not be changed pending a final settlement.

"I have seen the relevant reports but I am not aware of the specific situation," Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Hua Chunying told a media briefing when asked about the incident that took place ahead of Defence Minister A K Antony's visit here last week.

"Chinese Defence forces have been patrolling along the Chinese side of the LAC of the China-India border," she said.

"The general situation in the border areas is stable. We have the consensus that pending the final settlement of the boundary question no one of us (none from India or China) should change the status quo along the LAC," she said, indirectly asserting that neither side should resort to any infrastructure development.

"China would like to make joint efforts with the Indian side to safeguard peace and tranquility of the border areas," Hua said.

The incident took place on June 17 when the People's Liberation Army (PLA) troops intruded into the Chumar sector in Ladakh and smashed some bunkers besides cutting wires of cameras installed at the Indian border post.

The camera which was removed was reportedly returned on July 3, a day ahead of Antony's visit, the first by an Indian Defence Minister since 2006.

Antony held talks with Chinese Premier Li Keqiang, his Chinese counterpart General Cheng Wanquan and Special Representative of the India-China border negotiations Yang Jiechi on July 5 and 6.

Before that Yang and National Security Advisor (NSA) Shivshankar Menon held the 16th round of border talks on June 28 and 29 after which both sides spoke of positive progress.

Link - China defends its latest incursion into Ladakh's Chumar sector - Indian Express

LAC situation in these days worse than kids play. Nobody knows what is the real fact.

If we can't monitor the LAC with cameras, probably a good idea to send drones up 5-10 km behind our lines....

Such attitude on both sides makes me feel war is a far off thing as of now.

Lets see what the future has in store for us.

Such attitude on both sides makes me feel war is a far off thing as of now.

Lets see what the future has in store for us.

On both sides? India is just trying to repeat the Nerhu's forward policy in subtile way : first install suveillant camera and build other infrastructure in constested zone than acuse Chinese of provoking India by crossing the line to cut the camera's cable...nice try. :smokin:

If India wants war, it don't need to do it in subtile way, just declare it :pop: we will be there for you

On both sides? India is just trying to repeat the Nerhu's forward policy in subtile way : first install suveillant camera and build other infrastructure in constested zone than acuse Chinese of provoking India by crossing the line to cut the camera's cable...nice try. :smokin:

If India wants war, it don't need to do it in subtile way, just declare it :pop: we will be there for you

Installing surveillance cameras is not preparing for war.And talking of building infrastructure in contested zone everyone knows who has built more infrastructure.

Chinese media should learn from Indian media and cry out Indian incursion everyday let's make it a shouting match.

I still can't understand why the patrolling of LAC isn't handed over to the army from ITBP. The army guys are good in handling $hit like this.

The fact is that the border marking in Chumar sector in Ladakh has not yet been finalize by India and China, hence the confusion, when the chinese patrol on their side we thinks they are getting aggressive and when we patrol on our side such as putting up cameras Chinese feel we are getting aggressive. China shares border with 14 different countries and have been able to resolve their border issues with 10 countries, what we can make out from the latest statement by Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Hua Chunying that the incident took place within what China sees as its side of the LAC. However, as both sides have differing perceptions of where the LAC lies in this area, what Ms. Hua described as the “Chinese side of the LAC” likely refers to areas that India sees as falling within its claim lines.

We need to resolve the border issue with China at the earliest, at present China is the largest trading partner for India. Indian media without going into the facts hence already spread a wrong message that China is attacking India. We need to engage with China more like one of the strategic partners for the coming years

Vishal,

Please shed more light on " Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Hua Chunying that the incident took place within what China sees as its side of the LAC ".

Statements like these confuse the public..so be more specific and to the point.

Mahesh, please do not read the statement of Chinese spokesperson as a separate statement, what the entire statement means that both the sides are not clear with the border marking, you would be aware the statement which both the governments have given, that the issue is related to disputed line of actual control, which can be resolved only by dialogues. Going at war with China would never be the solution or nor its the right solution. Both the sides are matured enough to resolve this issue by dialogues.

Other important thing to notice here is that even Russia is developing strategic ties with Pakistan and China, so does that mean we should think Russia is acting against interest of India, it would definitely wrong to jump to such conclusions as Russia has been our tried and tested friend, so border dispute can only be resolved with proper and frequent dialogues with our neighbours which I believe the present government is doing.

Hope I have answered your question, please let me know if you need any further information.

Back
Top Bottom