What's new

China curbs Ramadan fasting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me be the first Muslim to comment. Correct me if I am wrong about that. As far as I am concerned criticizing the Chinese is not taboo in my book and I can see where you come from when you point out this pro-china bullshit prevalent on this thread. As for this news if it is true then the Chinese should not complain when the Uighers take up arms against them and frankly they deserve all that they get. The very reason that East Turkestan movement has not died is of China's own doing.

Although China doesn't give that much freedom to religious groups like the US, the containment of Ramadan fasting is going too far.I don't think that the CCP will use such a extreme way to cause hatred. It doesn't make sense at all.
Besides, even the One Child Policy is not be applied to Uighur people.

This is curbing one's personal freedom towards his/ her belief, and, to all members who are questioning as to how it will be enforced. please know it 's a CCP directive - any Chinese can complain to the authorities that a Chinese Muslim is clandestinely fasting and based on that the guy who is fasting will get arrested for disobeying CPC orders and will be thrown in Jail and will be made an example of so that other Muslims take heed.

Chinese authorities in the northwestern province of Xinjiang have banned Muslim officials and students from fasting during the month of Ramadan, prompting an exiled rights group to warn of new violence.

I don't see a big problems here. It is CCP's rule that once you are a CCP memeber, you have to give up your religion. Like it or not, these folks chose to join CCP.

As to the student, it is questionable but it is probably for health reasons. I don't have a strong opinion on this since I am not a muslim.

This is curbing one's personal freedom towards his/ her belief, and, to all members who are questioning as to how it will be enforced. please know it 's a CCP directive - any Chinese can complain to the authorities that a Chinese Muslim is clandestinely fasting and based on that the guy who is fasting will get arrested for disobeying CPC orders and will be thrown in Jail and will be made an example of so that other Muslims take heed.

Who's freedom? Once a guy joins CCP, he is no longer Muslim. So "Muslim officials" are most likely "Muslim CCPs", it is an oxymoron word.

fly2012, so you actually approve of this!?

government officials are forbiddened to be religious.not only muslims,christians and buddhists are also not allowed to become government officials.

Who's freedom? Once a guy joins CCP, he is no longer Muslim. So "Muslim officials" are most likely "Muslim CCPs", it is an oxymoron word.

Can you explain how teachers, students, government officials(who are not in bureaucracy) and retired officials all of whom are banned from observing Ramadan become the CCP officials.

Last edited by a moderator:
CPC and their evil brainwashing tacit. Yesterday it was HK, today it is Muslims.

This is a BS thread. How can any Chinese Government regulate when its citizens eat. If the Muslims are fasting, are the chinese officials going to force-feed them. The thread makes no sense. Al Jazeera is known to act as a proxy for the West and Publish such BS articles to make trouble.

government officials are forbiddened to be religious.not only muslims,christians and buddhists are also not allowed to become government officials.

No, of course religious freedom should be respected. My point is that for those CCP officials, I don't think they are muslims anymore after taking Marxism.

And the title is sensationalism, it is not even possible to ban Ramadan at home.

I agree, this is not by force but because of ideology of CCP. Again rule is nothing new, it is there from many many years in CCP.
The CPC is officially atheist, and prohibits party members from holding religious beliefs

So what is buzz. They are not forcing them to convert or leave it, just telling them to not follow their religion in public or in such way that is noticeable in public( fast is one of them). One can still pray to god in their heart.

Can you explain how teachers, students, government officials(who are not in bureaucracy) and retired officials all of whom are banned from observing Ramadan become the CCP officials.

Where is the ban on teachers and retired officials? How do you ban retired officials from "NOT eating" at home?? Sending polices to feed them?

Any other source to substantiate this ? Some 'Government Document' circulated to the officials ? Anything....?

CPC and their evil brainwashing tacit. Yesterday it was HK, today it is Muslims.

At least for this point , CCP is not at fault. They are not forcing them on adult who are not part of CCP or government employee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom