What's new

China curbs Ramadan fasting

Status
Not open for further replies.
WTF, the exact same story as last time?

I.e. It only applies to CPC offcials, and not to the people of Xinjiang?

To think, I was actually worried there for a second. :lol:

What about the students? They are not people of Xinjiang?

Once again if you're going to post a story then post it completly a not just the part that underwrites you're views

WTF are you on about? I posted the whole article. Compare and tell me what did I leave out.

What about the students? They are not people of Xinjiang?

"Some students" most likely relating to CPC party business.

You Indians have tried your best. :lol:

This clearly does not apply to the common people of Xinjiang.

Guys, especially gleeful Indians, tell us how to force feed those who don’t want to eat!

Dude, when M. Gandhi went on fasting could anybody force-feed him?

Assume Chinese state machine is so powerful, so every policeman cat force feed 3 guys. In China, there are hundreds of millions of Muslims, who can afford to force feed them all?

Guys, use your brains?

LOL! You can only starve people like in democratic free-to-starve India, how could you force people to eat if they decided not to, especially when practiced by so many millions.

How pitiful the brainless gullibles...

I am now sure you are Chinese. You could have put your point, without personal insults. The video posted on next page says it all.

"Some students" most likely relating to CPC party business.

You Indians have tried your best. :lol:

This clearly does not apply to the common people of Xinjiang.

So basically the rule means that a practising Muslim can't be part of the CPC( Governing body of China)? Seems fair to me. :lol:

So basically the rule means that a practising Muslim can't be part of the CPC( Governing body of China)? Seems fair to me. :lol:

Who said that? :lol:

Hui Liangyu is the Vice Premier of the People's Republic of China, and he is also a Hui Muslim.

Who said that? :lol:

Hui Liangyu is the Vice Premier of the People's Republic of China, and he is also a Hui Muslim.

I wonder if he is allowed to fast during Ramadan? . And what about Uyghur Muslims? They are lesser beings are they?

Its either be a Muslim or be a part of the governing body of China.

I wonder if he is allowed to fast during Ramadan? . And what about Uyghur Muslims? They are lesser beings are they?

Its either be a Muslim or be a part of the governing body of China.

If you had actually read the post you were replying to, you wouldn't have said something so ridiculous. :lol:

And where is the original notice on the Chinese government websites? Is it really believable that no one had the presence of mind to take a simple screenshot?

And even without a screenshot, internet search engines always save cached versions of webpages.

If you had actually read the post you were replying to, you wouldn't have said something so ridiculous. :lol:

And where is the original notice on the Chinese government websites? Is it really true that no one had the presence of mind to take a simple screenshot?

So bascially you can't be a practising Muslim and a Government Employee or part of the of the Chinese Government at the same time. Correct me if am wrong.

Am sure if Madarin speakers like yourself cared you would have dug out the websites to prove it eitherways. As I said media all over the world is reporting it, it can't be a hoax.

I have to add this before eating a toast :) (don't worry i fast too i am making sahur right now)

Al Jazeera is like Pakistanisage said very anti-china, especially the last couple of years that i have followed Al Jazeera. If you watch the program in Al Jazeera called 101 East, every time they show China it is always in a very negative light. I don't know where Al Jazeera is based but why in god's name do they never ever show ANY criticism towards Saudi Arabia or UAE or European countries? They are biased, hence as long as i don't read this "development" from other sources i won't bandwagon.

Isn't your PM Erdogan very critical of China over treatment of Uighurs.

Ramadhan gives boost to halal industry in China

XINING, CHINA

Tuesday, July 24, 2012
MORE than 20 million Chinese Muslims from Friday onwards began observing the one-month Ramadhan fast across China.

In the 600-year-old Dongguan Mosque, located in Xining, provincial capital of northwest China's Qinghai province, tens of thousands of Muslims entered and gathered there to attend prayers.

"The month of Ramadhan is the greatest and most revered month for Muslims, and the prayer on the first day is also extremely important," said Ma Yongliang, who runs a logistics company in Xining city. Han Jing, 17, said she would get up at 3am every morning during Ramadhan to prepare food for her family.

Han said she would stay with other women at home, while the men would go to the mosque during the month. By observing the fast, she believes that's a way to get closer to Allah.

During Ramadhan, Muslims are refrained from eating, drinking, smoking and sex from sunrise to sunset. Ma insists to pray five times every day, and follows the business rules of integrity and trustworthiness according to Islam. "We have been abiding with the sermons of the Quran for centuries. Although our lives have undergone rapid changes, we still hold strong faith," Ma said.

Thanks to the support of the Chinese government, ethnic groups in the impoverished western areas have developed their dominant industries in recent years, slowly eradicating poverty.

In Ningxia Hui autonomous region, one of the main Muslim-populated regions, the predominantly Muslim Hui ethnic group developed the Halal food industry. In 2011, the Halal food industry in Ningxia generated an output value of 10.3 billion yuan (around $2 billion), up 13 per cent from a year ago. And the total output value of the Halal food industry in this region is expected to reach 20 billion yuan by 2015.

In a branch plant of Qinghai Yijia Buhala Nation Fashion China Co Ltd, located in Hui-Tu autonomous county of Datong in Qinghai province, the homegrown Muslim traditional cap and clothing have been exported around the world.

"I can not only take care of children and elderly people in my family, but also do some work at home which I get paid for," said Han Yan, a worker of the plant, adding that the work never affected her worship. "Female Muslims could hardly earn money in the past, but the work is conducive to raise the status of a female in a family," said Han Decheng, president of the company.

Moreover, in the Hui autonomous county of Hualong, more than 67,000 practitioners went out and opened over 10,000 restaurants selling traditional Hui food, such as hand-pulled noodles.

But for most Chinese Muslims, their biggest dream is to go to Mekah, Saudi Arabia, their holiest city. "Some elders in my family have been there, and I should realise my dream as well," said Ma.

In 1997, the first chartered plane for Chinese pilgrims flew from Beijing to Jeddah, an important gateway to Mekah. Direct chartered flights later linked Beijing, Lanzhou, Urumqi, Yinchuan, and Kunming to Madinah, the second holiest city, which is north of Mekah. According to statistics, more than 13,800 Chinese pilgrims went to Mekah in 2011. Xinhua

=
=
=

Official Government's website of China:-

Chinese Muslims pray on first day of Ramadan

=
=
=

Chinese Muslims celebrate Eid al-Fit

=
=
=

Why would a Government ban Ramazan (Fasting) & prayers while they proudly show that culture on their official website...!!!

Western media is a foul mouthed liar ,,, they make up lies ... they are well known for that ... one portal starts a lie & then the rest of media just copy-pastes it & thus such thriller ends up being all over so-called main-stream media...

=
=
=

Here's a refutation of allegation made in OP:-

Chinese political advisors from Tibet, Xinjiang counterattack U.S. rights report

Chinese political advisors from Tibet and Xinjiang said Friday that cultural and religious freedom is fully respected and protected according to law in the two ethnic regions, fighting back against an annual U.S. human rights report.

"The report is utterly groundless. I strongly advise those who wrote the report visit Tibet personally before drawing a conclusion," said Lhagba Puncog, secretary-general of the Beijing-based China Tibetology Research Center.

As a scholar from the Tibetan ethnic group, Lhagba Puncog goes back to Tibet for research for two months every year.

"I witness the increasing improvement in the living standards of Tibetan people, and they fully enjoy freedom of religious beliefs," he told Xinhua on the sidelines of the annual session of the country's top political advisory body, or the Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference (CPPCC) National Committee.

Local government statistics showed that Tibet's gross domestic product (GDP) reached 43.7 billion yuan in 2009, up 170 percent from that in 2000 and posting an annual growth of 12.3 percent over the past nine years.

Currently, Tibet has more than 1,700 religious venues and 46,000 monks and nuns, whose religious beliefs are well protected by law.

Berkri Mamut, a CPPCC member and director of Shanshan County Islamic Association in Xinjiang, Muslims can practice their religion normally.

"They can freely attend religious service in mosques or practice fasting during the Muslim holy month of Ramadan," he said.

"Every year, the government will help make arrangements for about 12,000 Muslims nationwide who go to the holy city Mecca for hajj, of which almost 5,000 are form Xinjiang," he said.

"It is ridiculous to say there is 'cultural and religious repression' in Xinjiang," he added.

Yiliduosi Aihetamofu, a CPPCC member and a physician of Tatar ethnic group from the No. 1 Hospital affiliated to the Xinjiang Medical University, said what he has seen in Xinjiang is the fast economic development and improvement of people's lives.

"We Tatar people has a population of less than 5,000, but our cultural traditions have been preserved well," he said.
Editor: Amber Yao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom