What's new

China Covid: Outrage after pet dog killed by health workers

Reaction score
Country
Canada

The killing of a pet dog in China while the owner was in Covid-19 quarantine has led to social media outrage and the sacking of a health worker.
Video footage of the incident, in Shangrao in Jiangxi province, appeared to show one of the Covid health workers who were disinfecting the woman's flat beating the dog with a crowbar.
It was recorded by her security camera.
The owner, who posted the footage online, said she was quarantining in a hotel that did not allow pets.
Local authorities issued a statement apologising for the incident and saying that one of the health workers had been dismissed, but claimed the dog had been the subject of a "harmless disposal".
The Shangrao neighbourhood, where the dog's owner lived, had been labelled a Covid-19 controlled area, meaning residents were forced to quarantine while health workers disinfected their homes.

The incident has added to criticism of China's "zero-Covid" strategy, under which local authorities have reacted quickly to individual cases with massive programmes of testing, tracing and localised lockdowns, including forced quarantine for residents.

The attack on the dog sparked outrage among social media users on China's Weibo platform, which is similar to Twitter. The video has been viewed millions of times, despite the dog owner's original post apparently having been taken down, and the incident was among the top trending items on Weibo on Sunday.
Among the most liked posts were one that read: "Who gave them the right to break into her home and kill her dog?"
Another said: "This is a violation of a citizen's privacy and the security of her property!"
And one Weibo user wrote: "Pets are an owner's private property and they cannot be culled without permission! Even if culling is necessary, there needs to be a solid, scientific basis for it!"
The Shangrao dog is reportedly not the first animal killed in China after its owner was sent to quarantine. Earlier this month, cats belonging to a resident of Chengdu were said to have been killed after testing positive for Covid-19.

And there were reports in September that three cats in Harbin in the province of Heilongjiang were euthanised while their owner was in quarantine, despite not having been tested for the disease.

@nang2 @jamal18 @UKBengali @Mista @White and Green with M/S @dbc @Ziggy1977 @925boy @rambro @FuturePAF @aziqbal @denel @mike2000 is back @F-22Raptor @hyperman @gambit @VCheng @Hamartia Antidote @Suika @vostok @TexasJohn @antonius123 @Beast @ChineseTiger1986 @beijingwalker @FairAndUnbiased @Hack-Hook

US and western regime almost wipe out the red indian in america. This is a fact which troll like u try to white wash and blame CCP.
But they don't regard red Indians as humans..
The killing of a pet dog in China while the owner was in Covid-19 quarantine has led to social media outrage and the sacking of a health worker.
Some ones say Chinese social media can not post anything negative, and now they say someone's deed caused a social media outrage and a health worker was sacked because of it...which statement should we believe? they keep contradicting each other.

Is the life of an animal more important than human being?

I've seen the video, it's brutal.

The owner was tested negative. She was serving quarantine because someone in her neighborhood was tested positive. Yet the authorities just broke into her home without her consent and killed the pet dog. Wtf? The owner claimed that her neighbors' pets were also killed. So are you gonna kill all pets within the vicinity whenever someone is tested positive in the future? And the authorities can just break into anyone's home in the name of 抗疫?

It's an extreme and unnecessary measure. No excuses for it, not even your state media is condoning such a measure. 还想在这洗白.

1637034866462.png

Last edited:

The owner was tested negative. She was serving quarantine because someone in her neighborhood was tested positive. Yet the authorities just broke into her home without her consent and killed the pet dog. Wtf? The owner claimed that her neighbors' pets were also killed. So are you gonna kill all pets within the vicinity whenever someone is tested positive?

It's an extreme and unnecessary measure. No excuses for it, not even your state media is condoning such a measure.

Here in the west we have an old saying. My home is my castle. In the west no one can enter my home. Not even the king. Apparently not so in China.

The owner was tested negative. She was serving quarantine because someone in her neighborhood was tested positive. Yet the authorities just broke into her home without her consent and killed the pet dog. Wtf? The owner claimed that her neighbors' pets were also killed. So are you gonna kill all pets within the vicinity whenever someone is tested positive in the future? And the authorities can just break into anyone's home in the name of 抗疫?

It's an extreme and unnecessary measure. No excuses for it, not even your state media is condoning such a measure.

CCP used to shoot people and kill people in the millions. Communists are evil. Now with internet they don't dare to slaughter people anymore like they did at Tian An Men.

Some ones say Chinese social media can not post anything negative, and now they say someone's deed caused a social media outrage and a health worker was sacked because of it...which statement should we believe? they keep contradicting each other.

The original post has already been deleted. Why?

1637034501192.png

It's an extreme and unnecessary measure. No excuses for it, not even your state media is condoning such a measure. 还想在这洗白.

View attachment 793742
Human life over animal. Can u gurantee the animal will not spread covid-19? I just know recently tiger in Singapore zoo caught covid-19. Can u gurantee the animals will not caught covid-19? The Chinese health workforce are already overstretched by the covid-19, u expect them to take care of your pet instead of patient? How selfish u r.

Are u priorities animal over human life, tell me? It's so easy for you armchair general to claim brutal when health workforce are overworked and somebody expect special treatment for their pets.

Does it really matter who posted it first?

It does points toward that the local authorities threatened the owner to delete her post before it got viral. The local authorities have to put up an official notice now that the news have gotten viral. But if it didn't?

It does points toward that the local authorities threatened the owner to delete her post before it got viral. The local authorities have to put up an official notice now that the news have gotten viral. But if it didn't?
I don't know who posted it first, since it's all over the social media, what's the point for the authorities to order a delete of just one post? Have some logical common sense please.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom