What's new

China continues to produce more steel than the rest of the world, COMBINED

Urbanisation Rate is still extremely low,
Especially in Western China!
China should keep the price of steel affordable!

Zunyi County in Guizhou Province
Urbanisation rate = 46%

Shuicheng County, Guizhou Province
Urbanisation rate =35%

Panxian County, Guizhou Province
Urbanisation rate =45%

what are they actually building?
Castles in the Skies.

images

it's pretty obvious China has been dumping steel like crazy. me personal I'd buy up all that cheap steel and start building like crazy, but sadly it's not my call.

China builds a building then tears down the next day and repeats the process to keep growth going. It's pretty crazy

How does a country dump steel ?

I guess he is talking about dumping as exporting it at an extremely low price, in order to push other suppliers out of the market. And to provide a pressure release for overcapacity.
To export one side need to order at an agreed price. US isthe most trade protectionist nation on earth. Any trade that does not favour them is automatic dumping according to them.

No surprise.

Right now, thousand of miles of Metro, High-speed Rails, Expressways are being built at the same time.
Urbanisation rate is still quite low at around 50% (less than 45% in Western China).
Every year the urbanisation rate increases by 1%, which means 13 million people are moving from the countryside to different level of cities in one year.

Before 2020, 332 new junior and middle schools will be built in Wuhan City alone.
Total number will reach 1285 in 2020.

At least 8 new subways and intercity will open before 2020 in Wuhan, 2 in this year.

We need at least 2000,0000 m2 new housing.

We need numerous expressways and elevated roads in the urban mega-region to tackle the traffic issue.

We need new terminals and at least 2 new high-speed rail hubs.

We need to build hospitals, shopping malls, stadiums, parks and administrative centres quicker than the current speed.

I am not really satisfied with the speed in Wuhan, people are complaining about lack of infra.
:china::china::china::china::china::china::china::china:

China's Future MEGAPROJECTS (2016-2050's)

China mega projects: China to build 130m people megalopolis around Beijing - TomoNews

Biggest Construction on Earth - China's Ultimate Port - Mega Structure | National Geographic

中国崛起 · 民族复兴 | The Rise of China (2016 Ver.)

Rise of China: Beautiful Night View of 11 Chinese Cities in 2 Minutes | 中国崛起: 2分钟看遍中国大陆11座城市的美丽夜景

今日中国,如您所愿。China Today as the Same as the Wish of Founding Fathers

China mega projects: China to build 130m people megalopolis around Beijing - TomoNews

Biggest Construction on Earth - China's Ultimate Port - Mega Structure | National Geographic

Rise of China: Beautiful Night View of 11 Chinese Cities in 2 Minutes | 中国崛起: 2分钟看遍中国大陆11座城市的美丽夜景

300,000-400,000 new residents migrant to Wuhan EVERY SINGLE YEAR!

it's the geographical capital(almost) of 'China proper'(as well as a temporary capital of the KMT)
Dr. Sun did favour Wuhan as the capital of China....
He and Chairman Mao had some special preference on Wuhan....
The name of Wuhan is quite interesting, it means Military Han !

I am waiting for Chongqing From the Sky 2016
The 30 million mega-region!

300,000-400,000 new residents migrant to Wuhan EVERY SINGLE YEAR!

Buddy, I just came across a quiz that said Xiamen is a world megacity now or very soon to be.

Is there anywhere posted on this forum about this city?

I am relatively well versed with the rest of the cities in China classified as world megacity.

Buddy, I just came across a quiz that said Xiamen is a world megacity now or very soon to be.

Is there anywhere posted on this forum about this city?

I am relatively well versed with the rest of the cities in China classified as world megacity.
Xiamen???
No way.....Xiamen is smaller than Fuzhou in Fujian Province
Medium size city....

Xiamen???
No way.....Xiamen is smaller than Fuzhou in Fujian Province
Medium size city....

Ok thats what I thought too.

Here is a report:

http://studyinchina.universiablogs.net/2015/03/25/xiamens-population-soon-to-reach-mega-city-status/

Its probably a domestic classification that the quiz creator confused:

http://www.jetpunk.com/user-quizzes/139806/35-most-populous-world-cities-with-a-map

Xiamen and Fujian province is the ancestry of many Chinese in South East Asia like Singapore. They speak a lot of the Hokkien and Teochew dialects in Singapore...and the cuisine is well known. I like this cuisine a lot....hokkien mee, prawn rolls and the soups.

Ok thats what I thought too.

Here is a report:

http://studyinchina.universiablogs.net/2015/03/25/xiamens-population-soon-to-reach-mega-city-status/

Its probably a domestic classification that the quiz creator confused:

http://www.jetpunk.com/user-quizzes/139806/35-most-populous-world-cities-with-a-map

Xiamen and Fujian province is the ancestry of many Chinese in South East Asia like Singapore. They speak a lot of the Hokkien and Teochew dialects in Singapore...and the cuisine is well known. I like this cuisine a lot....hokkien mee, prawn rolls and the soups.
Quanzhou-Zhangzhou-Xiamen mega region probably is.
Xiamen-Fuzhou corridor is one of China's busiest.
A second Xiamen-Fuzhou HSR is being built.
Many projects there are financially supported by overseas Chinese.
Nearly every village has a school built by them.
@eldarlmari

屏幕快照 2016-10-22 13.58.55.jpg

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom