What's new

China completes development of 155 mm AH4 howitzer

Pretty sure AH-4 has already won a tender from an unspecified GCC country. A country that would have no problems with being able to afford M777.
We believed it is Kuwait.

Where on Earth did I ever used the word "Airdrop" in my post???????
At the risk of going off topic, what Gary ( @jhungary ) posted in 42 and 44 is indicative of taking seriously someone with experience in discussions.

You did not use the literal 'airdrop', but what you said in more words equals to the same. Someone with experience would know exactly what you meant even though you did not know what you meant.

An airlift is simply to transport by air from one location to another. An airdrop is when the man and/or the hardware is literally pushed out of the still flying transport. All troops can be airlifted, as in Desert Shield or the Vietnam War, but not all troops can be airdropped like the 101st and the 82nd.

Am not saying this to be mean, but only to point out that this is a learning moment.

:china::china::china:
F#ck Yes.

sorry I couldn't contain my excitement:D. Now we need these babies for our LOC with india in good numbers like they will deploy M777.

Plus this mounted on a truck chassis can become a good self propelled unit as well:enjoy:

I do not think you need it. It will cost you high. Light wight guns are good for mountain operation as they are easy to transport. We are not going to use M77 against Pakistan. We have bofors and dhanush for that

The Indian has been claiming they have license build AL-31FP but until now still can't build a proper working modern turbofan

And we know how chinese engine works even after spending 16 bn USD. You still have to import from russia inspite of the fact that your armed forces are ready to accept inferior stuff.

I do not think you need it. It will cost you high. Light wight guns are good for mountain operation as they are easy to transport. We are not going to use M77 against Pakistan. We have bofors and dhanush for that

And we know how chinese engine works even after spending 16 bn USD. You still have to import from russia inspite of the fact that your armed forces are ready to accept inferior stuff.

LOL.. You mean India after spending billions still has nothing to show for a working modern turbofan? We import but at the same time still manufacture and equipped our fleet with domestic one.

You sounds as if India never import turbofan for its fighter jet? Oh sorry, you Indian import the whole plane and not just engine. :rofl:

LOL.. You mean India after spending billions still has nothing to show for a working modern turbofan? We import but at the same time still manufacture and equipped our fleet with domestic one.

This is hilarious. China makes and still they Import.

I have no idea where did you come up with the number of 16 bn, but I can tell you that US spend 100 billion dollars on Aero engine in the last 50 years.

At the risk of going off topic, what Gary ( @jhungary ) posted in 42 and 44 is indicative of taking seriously someone with experience in discussions.

You did not use the literal 'airdrop', but what you said in more words equals to the same. Someone with experience would know exactly what you meant even though you did not know what you meant.

An airlift is simply to transport by air from one location to another. An airdrop is when the man and/or the hardware is literally pushed out of the still flying transport. All troops can be airlifted, as in Desert Shield or the Vietnam War, but not all troops can be airdropped like the 101st and the 82nd.

Am not saying this to be mean, but only to point out that this is a learning moment.

lol, I would not be suprise at all if someone after reading this post come to me and say, what Iphone have to do with Artillery? (I mean Iphone Airdrop)

And by the way, 101st is no longer Airdroppable 9Not with jump status), they are an airborne division in name only, in reality, they are an air assault division. The only unit with Jump Status in the US Military is 4BCT of the 25th ID, 82 ABD, 96 Civil Affair Brigade, 173 ABB, 160SOAR, US Army Ranger and USSOCOM.

New 155mm ultra light howizter with a 52-calibre barrel ("M777ER"?:rofl:) and weighing 4 tons in development. :enjoy::D

Also being worked on is a 122mm gun with 80% less recoil impluse. :lol::lol:

Back
Top Bottom