What's new

China Civil Aviation, AVIC (MA600) & COMAC (ARJ21/C919/C929)

16:25, 01-Mar-2021
First confirmed C919 aircraft purchase contract signed
CGTN

China Eastern Airlines on Monday signed a contract to purchase several C919 large passenger aircraft from the China Commercial Aircraft Company (COMAC).

According to the contract, China Eastern Airlines will purchase five C919 planes. The first is expected to be delivered by the end of 2021.

This is the first confirmed C919 aircraft purchase contract signed by a commercial airline.
I think they shall be quite confident first will delivered by end of 2021. And I expect COMAC to stock up 40 leap 1c engine to ensure 2 years of C919 supply for airliner without disruption even with sanction.

Last edited:
Is production rate coming down? i though they delivered 30-40 last year. this is already march.
FYI, the 40 delivered is accumulative delivery. Last year delivery is just over 20.
No news about current production rate, but I don't think they make airplane one by one.

【“抚州汤显祖”号来了!江西航空接收第四架ARJ21飞机】3月3日14时30分,江西航空在中国商飞浦东基地迎来了第四架ARJ21飞机B-650U。下午16时8分,飞机平稳降落在南昌昌北机场,至此,江西航空机队规模增至14架。本架ARJ21飞机冠名为“抚州汤显祖”号,延续了“一机一地一文化”的主题客舱服务模式,持续宣传江西本土各地区文旅特色,不断扩宽江西省文化影响力和覆盖面。江西航空此前引进的三架ARJ21飞机分别以江西“井冈山”“景德镇”“宜春”等地市命名。​

Sina Jiangxi
Today at 08:58 from Weibo

["Fuzhou Tang Xianzu" is here! Jiangxi Airlines receives the fourth ARJ21 aircraft]

At 14:30 on March 3, Jiangxi Airlines ushered in the fourth ARJ21 aircraft B-650U at the Pudong base of COMAC. At 16:8 in the afternoon, the plane landed smoothly at Nanchang Changbei Airport. So far, the size of the Jiangxi Airlines fleet has increased to 14. The ARJ21 aircraft is named "Fuzhou Tang Xianzu", which continues the theme cabin service model of "one aircraft, one place, one culture", continues to promote the cultural and tourism characteristics of various regions in Jiangxi, and continuously expands the cultural influence and coverage of Jiangxi Province. The three ARJ21 aircraft previously introduced by Jiangxi Airlines were named after Jiangxi's "Jinggangshan", "Jingdezhen", and "Yichun" cities.

1614828596474.png

1614828543750.png

1614828672324.png

1614828623051.png

Last edited:
I think C939 make be not profitable aircraft. Better make C929 into a long haul passenger aircraft with range of 15000km

I think C939 make be not profitable aircraft. Better make C929 into a long haul passenger aircraft with range of 15000km
Boeing 777 orders and deliveries (cumulative, by year):
1615180879885.png

Boeing 787 orders and deliveries (cumulative, by year):
1615180921880.png

From the order and delivery history of 777x, it seems fine. 400+ is good enough to make profit.

China need a new model at 350 ton for both civil and military purpose, it will create market demand for 500 kN engine, good for aviation industry.

Good for maritime patrol role.
WHY do you think that PLA will need such aircraft for maritime patrol role.

What kind of quality in that speculated aircraft that current existing array of aircraft in PLA can't deliver, esp. to the said role as above?

WHY do you think that PLA will need such aircraft for maritime patrol role.

What kind of quality in that speculated aircraft that current existing array of aircraft in PLA can't deliver, esp. to the said role as above?
range, fuel economy

range, fuel economy
But then due to political things, China will need to turn the C919 into some aircraft having no-Western-component at all. And that kind of efforts may not be helpful for the market internationalization of that mainly civilian aircraft. Well, at least not in current stage. Several more years to a decade that thing may be more relevant. Among others the CJ engine needs to be ready first. Better to build military aircraft for military purposes. At least not under COMAC.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom