China, Cambodia to beef up military ties

aimarraul

Reaction score
China, Cambodia to beef up military ties
(Xinhua)
Updated: 2010-05-11 21:01
Comments(0) PrintMail
Large Medium Small

BEIJING - China and Cambodia pledged to strengthen military ties when senior military officials from the two countries met here Tuesday.

Cambodia is China's good neighbor, friend and partner, China's Defense Minister Liang Guanglie told Pol Saroeun, commander-in-chief of the Royal Cambodian Armed Forces.

Liang said recent years have witnessed high-level contacts, a deepening of economic and trade cooperation, productive exchanges in science and technology, and sound growth in military relations between China and Cambodia.

Both countries have also supported each other on major issues concerning their respective core interests, Liang added.

China hopes to make joint efforts with Cambodia to consolidate their traditional friendship, promote reciprocal cooperation, and constantly enrich their comprehensive cooperative partnership, Liang said.

Chen Bingde, chief of the General Staff of the People's Liberation Army (PLA) of China, also had talks with Pol Saroeun Tuesday.

Chen said China-Cambodia military relations have smoothly developed with pragmatic and meaningful cooperation in personnel training and the building of military schools and hospitals.

China is ready to work with Cambodia to further boost their military relations, Chen said.

Pol Saroeun said the Cambodian government attaches great importance to its relationship with China and will continue to adhere to the one-China policy.

The Cambodian armed forces would like to work with China to enhance cooperation in various fields, he added.

I thought Cambodians despised China for supporting Pol Pot and failing to prevent Vietnam from influencing it.

Vietnam = de facto control over Laos and Combodia. Any news on Laos?

I thought Cambodians despised China for supporting Pol Pot and failing to prevent Vietnam from influencing it.

I think Cambodians realize that they need good relations with their giant neighbor to the North. As an analogy, Canadians know that they need to have good relations with the United States. Otherwise, the U.S. may decide to block all Canadian soft-lumber or other imports.

Such an ignorant person you are. Pol Pot was installed and under the control of the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA). It was as a last measure against these "savage Asians" who dared support each other against Henry Kissinger. Henry Kissinger and the Zionists were frustrated how Vietnam-Laos-Campuchia were together resisting the barbaric invasion of "UN".

During the trials of the key members of Pol Pot, they confessed the CIA's role. This is well documented, which recent trials just a few years ago.

Back
Top Bottom