What's new

China buys aerostat from Russia

what a big toy!
So who said China will overtake Russia before 2015? Russia is still strong and a respectable teacher in some fields.

:rofl:
Plz China Plz .. Plz ....
Build a satellite for us Plz China .. Plz ...

Nothing wrong with your satellites, just your rockets.

China has had a great 15 for 15 last year and expects 21 for 21 this year. Perhaps we should help you in this regard.

Nothing wrong with your satellites, just your rockets.

China has had a great 15 for 15 last year and expects 21 for 21 this year. Perhaps we should help you in this regard.

I think he was referring to Pakistan asking China for satellites and that it can't make its own satellites. Not sure how true that is, but I think thats what he was going for.

I think he was referring to Pakistan asking China for satellites and that it can't make its own satellites. Not sure how true that is, but I think thats what he was going for.

Thank you.

But you have to admit he was being a F**king troll.

what a big toy!
So who said China will overtake Russia before 2015? Russia is still strong and a respectable teacher in some fields.

It was probably cheaper to buy in Russia, than to set up the infrastructure and then make these "glorified hot air balloons" themselves.

It was probably cheaper to buy in Russia, than to set up the infrastructure and then make these "glorified hot air balloons" themselves.

Yes despite what others think we do not have an unlimited budget.

We have to research and build equivalents to US equipment with only a fourth of the budget.

Yes despite what others think we do not have an unlimited budget.

We have to research and build equivalents to US equipment with only a fourth of the budget.

It is a smart economic move, why spend large money for something that has very small market and unlikely to earn money, or contribute much to you strategic defence. Air ship eauiped with radar is good for fishery, police and customs, but has very little military value because it can easily be shot down.

Yeah but Russia has to deal with a depleting population and drug problems first, not to mention the Chechen terrorist groups.

Surprised that Russia thinks it has enough security to not worry about the CHinese copying their tech. I won;t be surprised when the Chinese unveil their Balloon project soon afterwards. Looks like India's move sparked interest in China........it is a good platform for radar and low cost makes it a great option.

Surprised that Russia thinks it has enough security to not worry about the CHinese copying their tech. I won;t be surprised when the Chinese unveil their Balloon project soon afterwards. Looks like India's move sparked interest in China........it is a good platform for radar and low cost makes it a great option.

Better endure a bad reputation than pay through the nose like India. A bad reputation is cheaper at least.

:pop: Okay, I admit that China has no capacity to make the large balloon.
Oh, That's a very difficult job, it is more difficult than make J-20.

not an issue but curiosity as India has already made "Akshadeep"

Tarmak007 -- A bold blog on Indian defence: India's Akashdeep is ready: DRDO's Agra lab tests critical surveillance technologies successfully on Aerostat

Aerostat1.jpg

this looks like a school project why so many gray bandages on this 'most advanced india' ballon? :cheesy:

this looks like a school project why so many gray bandages on this 'most advanced india' ballon? :cheesy:

Yeah, 'school project' may be for other country but for you this is still a dream for even developing something like that. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom