What's new

China builds model of Indian border

KashifAsrar

Reaction score
From sky, see how China builds model of Indian border 2400 km away
Shiv AroorPosted online: Saturday, August 05, 2006 at 0000 hrs Print EmailDefence: Satellite images show Aksai Chin terrain replicated, with peaks, for possible troop exercises.

NEW DELHI, AUGUST 4:The discovery of what is considered a military establishment in China’s Northern plains by a Google Earth user from Germany has kicked up a storm on the Net’s strategic forums. Here’s why: The establishment, snapped from Google’s free satellite imagery software, houses a startlingly accurate scale model of a highly sensitive stretch of the disputed Sino-Indian border.

A careful study of the model, located at a large military complex in China’s Huangyangtan province, likely used for training and familiarisation of troops, helicopters and infantry vehicles, shows that it is built to scale based on a stretch 2,400 km away along the Aksai Chin area bordering Ladakh, part of the stretch through which invading Chinese forces entered in the 1962 war.

The facility, full with uncharacteristic and man-made snow peaks, glacial lakes and snow rifts—ironically in the middle of an arid plain—is flanked by a large military depot with buildings and at least a hundred military trucks.

The Army did not confirm that it was aware of the facility, but officially told The Indian Express, “Militaries are always known to simulate potential conflict zones as a standard practice. There is absolute peace and tranquility on the border with China, a disputed border that the two governments are resolving through peaceful dialogue. It is nothing alarming, these are standard training methodologies.”

Off the record, though, an officer currently with the Quarter Master General branch, but who has served along the border with Aksai Chin, said, “We knew that they had some facilities for this purpose but the scale and detail is something new to us.”

The sense is that economic development near the border and a quiet, but progressive peace dialogue to end the border dispute notwithstanding, the PLA is keeping its forces well in touch with potential conflict zones— especially Aksai Chin, strategically important to Beijing since it houses crucial road heads and Demchok, one of the principally disputed zones.

The image could be anything between six months and two years old, proving that training on disputed terrain is still very much part of the PLA’s war doctrine http://www.indianexpress.com/story/9972.html

Google Earth Link (KMZ) open with google earth... http://bbs.keyhole.com/ubb/download.php?Number=484568

Sir,

I've already posted this in WAB on this.

At this point, Sir, all we know is that the PLAAF has not neglected the area but what aircrafts are assigned to re-enforce the region is still unknown at this point. The good Captain Lemontree has theorized that transports (both fixed wing and rotoblade) are the primary users of this relief.

A similar relief for the Taipei Airport in Taiwan is used by the 15th Airborne Corps (paratroop) for their training purposes.

So, there is circumstantial evidence to support the good Captain's theory.

I, however, have serious reservations in just how effective this would be. The Sino-Indo border region only has about 90 days of good weather to which to plan an air campaign around. Outside of that, you would get pockets of 24-72 hours of good sortie weather.

Even still, I seriously think you need experience flying in that region. Pilots would be fighting wind gusts and updrafts just as much as they would be dodging missiles and bullets.

Its amazing!
It proves China's preparedness to take on India anytime.

Big Q is:"Does India have something to encounter and how prepared is she?" :what1:

Neo said:
Its amazing!
It proves China's preparedness to take on India anytime.

Big Q is:"Does India have something to encounter and how prepared is she?" :what1:

No, it actually does not state Chinese preparation. Otherwise, they would have forces flying in that exact terrain instead of using this relief.

I've asked the good General Murad K in to comment on this.

Officer of Engineers said:
No, it actually does not state Chinese preparation. Otherwise, they would have forces flying in that exact terrain instead of using this relief.
Should this be seen as a defensive measure to avoid Indian intrusion?
The sense is that economic development near the border and a quiet, but progressive peace dialogue to end the border dispute notwithstanding, the PLA is keeping its forces well in touch with potential conflict zones— especially Aksai Chin, strategically important to Beijing since it houses crucial road heads and Demchok, one of the principally disputed zones.

The Chinese already have a plan in place and from my PoV, a mighty strong one - Pakistan. The PakArmy by itself is no match for the InA (numbers just don't add up) but viewed from the point that it is a Chinese Army, then ...

A most interesting comment, Colonel. That is if I have understood you right.

But then you Chinese (including the Canadian variety) are real difficult to understand. ;) :)

Sir,

The PakArmy as a Chinese army was deduced by statements made by a PLA Captain. During the 80s debacle where Chinese and Indian troops accused each other of establishing outposts in No-Man's Land in the 1980s.

The CCP demanded the PLA prepare for war. Logistics, however, forced the PLA to state that they need to open a 2nd front through Pakistan. It must be a full scale war and even then, the chances of victory is not guarranteed.

Sir, a full scale war through Pakistan cannot happen without Pakistani participation.

The most illuminating thing was that the Captain did not state the CCP was going to seek permission from Pakistan. The CCP just told the PLA to prepare for a 2 front war.

The most illuminating thing was that the Captain did not state the CCP was going to seek permission from Pakistan. The CCP just told the PLA to prepare for a 2 front war.
Sir,

Could you please elaborate, this is totally new for me.

A CDF member, Chinawarrior, a 79 vet, and a Capt in the GHQ, stated

Finally regarding the Sino-India tension in 1987, I can assure you that your claim was totally groundless. There were two isolated shooting incidents buy both sides without casulties to either. The Tibet Military region was placed on 2nd degree alert. The situation developed in the summer of 1986 when the Chinese border patrol noticed in the Xia Cha-yu area buffer zone (where they patrol 3 times a year) that the Indians were building border posts in the areas they had been driven out in the 1962 border war, creating a creeping occupation, the Chinese response was to build our owns posts, pretty soon these posts started to intertwine with each other. During these times, both sides shout to the others side to get out, but nobody moved. Following these developments, both sides started to make military units closer to the border, India reportedly moved 10 battalions there as reinforcements and the PLA moved two regiments plus the only 2 dozens of Black Hawk helicopters there. I was working in the Situation Room of PLA G-2 at the time. The Chinese leadership did considered a war with India. ironically, the civilian leaders wanted the fight, but the PLA decided that PLA could not win a fight in the western sector due to logistic difficulties. At one of the meetings hosted by then prime minister Zhao Ziyang, General Xu Hui-zi, deputy chief of general staff, attended by officials from railway, telecommunication and health minisries and other PLA departemnts, PLA officers indicated that unless they were allowed to open the Eastern sector through Pakistan, PLA would be at a disadvantage. Even with the eastern sector, there would be no guarantee of victory unless the central government was totally prepared for a drwn-out full scale conflict. While all options were being considered, there came the news that the Indian foreign minister was going to visit Beijing to discuss the tense situation. One week later, Indian Foreign misister reached an agreement with his Chinese counterparts that both side would withdraw back to the post 62-war line of control, thus a crisis was avoided.

My friend officer of engg:
when I got your PM I had space Imaging look at it , there result will come in 24 hr:wall: but when I showed him he said this and actually this google image is the talk of the town .
go east from the south-east corner to the gated compound, next to the building with the blue roof is the "communication tower" - why can we see the side of it on a satellite shot? Is it lying down for a nap? And why no shadow. Speaking of shadows, those of the buildings and cars indicate sun is in the south, but the "man-made terrain" looks like sun is in the north.

so right now I would like to research more before I say something , just give me a little time , thank you sir now I have something to do.
Take Care :army:

Please Sir, do take your time. I do thank you for your efforts and I think I can say we're looking forward to your reply.

Have a good day, Sir.

Please Sir, do take your time. I do thank you for your efforts and I think I can say we're looking forward to your reply.

Have a good day, Sir.

Sir go west of the compound follow the bright white road to the west and you will start seeing white marking 1 to 18 the number 18 is so big that it is all over the mountain , very strange.

Back
Top Bottom