What's new

China builds model of Indian border

stay between 6000 to 5000ft. and you will see the marking very clearly.

Sir,

I don't have the wherewithal that you have to look at the pictures in that detail.

Indeed if 18 is larger than the mountain, it sure is strange.

So, the google stuff is the talk of the town?

Good observation colonel Murad ....
I am eagerly looking for your inputs.:smile:
Kashif

Here is more input for the same:

The following is paraphrased from Military Intelligence Professional Bulletin, Oct-Dec, 2002 by David C. Captain Stempien:

Among the earliest tools associated with military terrain visualization was the terrain model. Although walking over (ground truth) or directly observing the terrain from a vantage point remains the best method for understanding the terrain, this approach is often impractical given the size of the area or the presence of a threat force.

The use of terrain models is traceable to ancient times, probably beginning with simple drawings in the sand highlighted by the use of rocks and pieces of wood to represent people and terrain features. Roman and Chinese documents cite more detailed terrain models of fortified cities and in the late 16th century, Pope Clement VII employed a cork model of Florence to help plan his successful siege of that city.

The French employed terrain models in support of military operations. One example is a terrain model of the city of Ath in Flanders that the French military engineer, Sebastien Le Prestre de Vau ban, ordered before his attack on that city. Study of the model significantly contributed to the city's surrender after only a two-week siege.

Only the smallest or least sophisticated 3D terrain models require little more preparation than placing rocks or drawing lines in the sand. Those terrain models that support battalion and larger operations usually require the collection of a great deal of background information, maps, and imagery. This is even more critical when the terrain model must also depict threat forces.

Good one.

Some people may also want the land back too!

So, then what happens?

For more details, contact the Colonel.

i think the sino-indian angle of diplomacy is a classic , and surely they both have planed their perception,s of their dispute and their respective stratagies. the interesting "Q" that every body wants to know is what is india,s stratagy, as we are already discussing the chineses one,
this is a very intresting topic and comes once in a while , let us try to take the best of it,

India's policy apparently is "Take it easy and Look Busy".

Actually, it is not a bad policy. Right now, with an economist as the PM, the emphasis is on economic development. Without economic development, other issues pale in the background, since everything requires to be backed up with money.

War or confrontation does not achieve any tangible results except putting the country back in time.

obviously Arunachal Pradesh(for ourself) and kashmir(for pakistan);)

And how do you come up with that?? Do you not think a military operation like that will blow up to a full fledged war?

I'm glad the people who actually run China are much smarter than you!! No offense, please just grow up, and contribute intelligently!! Cheers! luv you man!!

:cheers:

clam down! tats just my opinon i am not a government offical or anything there really is no need to comment on my personal opinons....

I'm glad the people who actually run China are much smarter than you!! No offense, please just grow up, and contribute intelligently!! Cheers! luv you man!!

:cheers:

comeon john we all know he was jkin around :P

Back
Top Bottom