What's new

China assures support to Sri Lanka against "groundless accusations "

@Kazhugu Well India just pushed Sri Lanka to China even closer. And even Pakistan which voted against the resolution.

Take decisions on basis of FP not on basis of internal politics. It sends wrong message.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just as India's foreign policy should look after it's national interest, it also should not formulate it's policy based on Sri Lanka's foreign policy vis a vis China.

What I mean is our national interest should not have dependencies on Lanka-China relation.

@Kazhugu Well India just pushed Sri Lanka to China even closer. And even Pakistan which voted against the resolution.

Take decisions on basis of FP not on basis of internal politics. it sends wrong message.

if you think indian decision or our internal politics has anything to do with lankan decision ur mistaken......

i can safely say after pakistan, lankans are the second most hostile nation to india...than bangladesh or even china....

look at history....right from our independence lanka has never had any friendly relation to us and been against us in two wars.....62 & 71

let alone that....we were fuming when the italians did not keep their word as this and that....lanka too did not keep its word it gave to india to get support....

anyway people wont understand now.....the "we told you so" moment is not far off into the future.....

@Kazhugu

Dear, we already have two nations with disputes. I am not saying we should not be worried about Sri Lanka.

All I am saying is, its always better to stop anti-India sentiments to grow in any nation.

If we have to be aggressive, go aggressive with all the might. Not half-hearted effort.

Much more aggressive Diplomacy. Like US do.

@Kazhugu

Dear, we already have two nations with disputes. I am not saying we should not be worried about Sri Lanka.

All I am saying is, its always better to stop anti-India sentiments to grow in any nation.

If we have to be aggressive, go aggressive with all the might. Not half-hearted effort.

Much more aggressive Diplomacy. Like US do.

india's neighbours, except china, bhutan and perhaps nepal, have the bad habit of thinking that our tolerance is borne out of weakness...more tolerance not to increase enmity, more weak they think we are........

i agree we need much more covert diplomacy.....something like regime changes, coups etc.......

@Kazhugu Or supporting a pro-Indian govt in Sri Lanka with economic and diplomatic support.

Self-righteous wanna be india is pissing all neighbors off to please its big daddy making life easier for Chinese diplomacy!

india's neighbours, except china, bhutan and perhaps nepal, have the bad habit of thinking that our tolerance is borne out of weakness...more tolerance not to increase enmity, more weak they think we are........

i agree we need much more covert diplomacy.....something like regime changes, coups etc.......

Yep, the fruits of which can be seen today in Indo-Lanka releationship..India tried and failed.....!

Self-righteous wanna be india is pissing all neighbors off to please its big daddy making life easier for Chinese diplomacy!

India forced US to dilute the resolution and then supported it to take care of Tamil sentiments.

One arrow, two targets.

:hang2: :hang2: :hang2:

India forced US to dilute the resolution and then supported it to take care of Tamil sentiments.

One arrow, two targets.

thing is both arrows missed the target.....atleast the tamil sentiment arrow......

@Kazhugu Or supporting a pro-Indian govt in Sri Lanka with economic and diplomatic support.

rajapaksa is not one.......

Yes we encouraged LTTE and it was a wrong decision but we did take corrective action when we realized our mistake.

1) India did not encourage LTTE, India funded, trained and armed all Tamil militant groups in Sri Lanka in the 1980s e.g TELO, PLOTE and LTTE
2) Why was it a wrong decision ?

When you have a big nation state around the smaller states like Pakistan, China, Bangladesh feels threatened

Except for insecure India no other neighbouring countries i.e Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Myanmar, Vietnam etc feel threatened by China

China should learn that it is not there yet to go against USA. Indian Govt. took right decision to thwart any Chinese influence in Srilankan military which is the real threat.

India's wish is to rehabilitate Srilankan Tamils.

This is an example of "Kalakka vellathil Meen Pidikkuka" (Fishing in troubled waters)

China should learn that it is not there yet to go against USA. Indian Govt. took right decision to thwart any Chinese influence in Srilankan military which is the real threat.

India's wish is to rehabilitate Srilankan Tamils.

my dear friend, china is not now going against USA, did you heard of what new Prime minister of China said ? he said we want to increase good relation with USA, China is very smart player

Back
Top Bottom