What's new

China a step closer to manned moon mission

Why not build your own rockets for your Atlas then? ;)

Because we had cut a deal with the Russians to keep their scientists employed doing space related stuff instead of seeking work building ICBM's for other countries.

You are making up stuff. NASA never said that. Some guy who wrote a book ( Mining the Sky: Untold Riches From The Asteroids, Comets, And Planets (Helix Book): John S. Lewis: 9780201328196: Amazon.com: Books ) started the rumor.

from the Kennedy Space Center (KSC)
http://science.ksc.nasa.gov/facts/faq10.html

"WHAT HAPPENED TO THE SATURN V PLANS

Despite a widespread belief to the contrary, the Saturn V blueprints
have not been lost. They are kept at Marshall Space Flight Center on
microfilm. The Federal Archives in East Point, GA also has 2900 cubic
feet of Saturn documents. Rocketdyne has in its archives dozens of
volumes from its Knowledge Retention Program. This effort was initiated
in the late '60s to document every facet of F-1 and J-2 engine
production to assist in any future re-start."

NASA Is Resurrecting the Most Powerful Rocket Engine Ever Built | Motherboard

Of course, the real challenge in this reverse engineering the F-1 challenge is that no one really know how the Saturn V got its power. Pieces of the rocket were built by four main contractors and everything was assembled by NASA. When Apollo ended, a lot of the pieces and paperwork were strewn between sites and never compiled.

Blast from the Past: NASA Fires Historic Engine Parts for New Rocket | Saturn 5 Rocket

NASA is reigniting its mighty moon rocket engine using parts retrieved from museums and displays.

NASA Is Resurrecting the Most Powerful Rocket Engine Ever Built | Motherboard

Of course, the real challenge in this reverse engineering the F-1 challenge is that no one really know how the Saturn V got its power. Pieces of the rocket were built by four main contractors and everything was assembled by NASA. When Apollo ended, a lot of the pieces and paperwork were strewn between sites and never compiled.

Blast from the Past: NASA Fires Historic Engine Parts for New Rocket | Saturn 5 Rocket

NASA is reigniting its mighty moon rocket engine using parts retrieved from museums and displays.

Of course they are grabbing them from museums. It's like trying to build a 1965 Ford. You have all the plans but most of the machinery, molds, and dies that were actually constructed to make all the individual parts (spread over hundreds of vendors) are long gone.

That's only used in ULA Atlas rockets..we have other rockets...Delta, Falcon, etc
It works both ways. The Russian engines were of the Oxygen enriched Staged Combustion kerosene engine type. These engines were far more advance than anythine United States has. Even better than the Merlin 1D.

It works both ways. The Russian engines were of the Oxygen enriched Staged Combustion kerosene engine type. These engines were far more advance than anythine United States has. Even better than the Merlin 1D.

Yes, they make good engines.

China wishes to buy RD-180 rocket engines from Russia | Russia Beyond the Headlines

"China is interested in buying Russia's RD-180 dual-combustion chamber 400 tonne thrust engines for its prospective super-heavy-lift launch vehicle, a source familiar with the situation told Interfax-AVN on July 7."

Saturn V was made by NASA + Hollywood and NASA said it lost the plans for the Saturn V rocket and more....
Moon landing tapes got erased, NASA admits| Reuters
NASA Has Lost Hundreds of Its Moon Rocks, New Report Says | Apollo Program & NASA Moon Missions | Moon Rocks, Lunar Samples & Astromaterials

BTW, US has to buy Russian rockeries/engines nowadays.

This one-piece 9 meters inter-stage ring is the biggest one mankind have ever made.

Yes. Thanks to you.

I have read it some time ago and completely forgotten all about it until you brought it up again.

Yes, they make good engines.

China wishes to buy RD-180 rocket engines from Russia | Russia Beyond the Headlines

"China is interested in buying Russia's RD-180 dual-combustion chamber 400 tonne thrust engines for its prospective super-heavy-lift launch vehicle, a source familiar with the situation told Interfax-AVN on July 7."

These are simply rumors and not be be taken seriously. IMO I do not think China will buy any.

China is probably mulling at the costing of import versus their local production.

At the end of the day, they will decide on the latter as it will not be in their strategic interest to outsource these from abroad. This is unlike the West or USA which has little option due to budgetary constraints.

type error again spotted again... should not be taken seriously, I mean.

These are simply rumors and not be be taken seriously. IMO I do not think China will buy any.

True, I never take anything Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin (or Putin) says seriously since they are known for just starting rumors versus telling the truth.

Oct 12, 2015
Russia Says Preparing Rocket Engine Deal With China | Business | The Moscow Times

"Russia is preparing a deal to sell its highly capable rocket engines to Beijing in return for access to Chinese electronic components used in spacecraft construction, Russian Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin said on Monday, the TASS news agency reported."

I'll listen to you instead.

True, I never take anything Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin (or Putin) says seriously since they are known for just starting rumors versus telling the truth.

Oct 12, 2015
Russia Says Preparing Rocket Engine Deal With China | Business | The Moscow Times

"Russia is preparing a deal to sell its highly capable rocket engines to Beijing in return for access to Chinese electronic components used in spacecraft construction, Russian Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin said on Monday, the TASS news agency reported."

I'll listen to you instead.

:laugh: Like you. I take these reports and article with a pinch of salt.

Back
Top Bottom