What's new

Chill Bangladesh Thread

An Atheist is a person who doesn't believe in any god or religion.

An Agnostic is a person which doesn't believe in or practices any Organized religion but does believe that some supreme being exists and is open to different interpretations without following any organised belief. Once he starts to believe in some religion, he won't be considered as an Agnostic anymore.

As for Agnostic Muslim, the more suitable term here is Cultural Muslim - a person who classifies himself as a Muslim but doesn't practice religion and have doubts about it.

Another term is Non practicing Muslim - a person who believes in Islam but doesn't practice.
so i'm a non practicing muslim with some liking to the concept of agnosticism

@Michael Corleone @Mage @Flynn Swagmire @Imran Khan
Important question...since none of you really believe in god I assume you do not believe in any ultimate purpose either.We are just some organisms on a spec of dust in a huge universe.Do you find the thought depressing? Do you ever feel like not doing something since there is no point?
i don't believe in religion to be frank.... but i do like to see religion as a discipline/ way of life that can be followed

there are so many other facts which a person can not deny . i have family i love them so i work hard for them . i have a beautiful country i work for my country . i have hobbies i enjoy reading books fishing drinking alcohol alone in front of beautiful margalla hills .i feel depression years ago but recent years all is beautiful . lets live a nice life enjoy and sure we will be wiped out soon as our ancestors. no one will remember us after 50 years . since we will die gov will delete our files people will start forgetting us soon our kids will be busy in own lives and forget us . our grand kids will know our names only and their kids will have 0 relation with us . i a person go to my home after 100 years and knock the door ask my name i think no one will be able to answer . same our friends relatives will also wiped out and finally no one will be remain its truth . life is till we breath .
yes! you're right, once our heart stops.... nothing else matter. _^__^_^__________________

Important question...since none of you really believe in god I assume you do not believe in any ultimate purpose either.We are just some organisms on a spec of dust in a huge universe.Do you find the thought depressing? Do you ever feel like not doing something since there is no point?
We'll I'm a nihilist. And I'm fine with life being totally pointless.

I'm sometimes a solipsist as well. I wonder if anything is real at all or whether everything is a simulation.....even if there is a higher power, its impossible to know what it is and what it wants.

All of us are more or less sewer rats, fantasizing about being in another (higher) dimension, like in the movie series 'Matrix'. In between you find time to have a few nookies here and there, sniff a few pleasant (to us) things, squeeze out a few litters, then you're dead.

Once you're dead, you're gone....Le fin.....

You didn't tag me but here goes.

About us being the only organisms is doubtful since existence of habitable planets (and existence of intelligent life) in Alpha Centauri and other distant solar systems within less than five light years is more or less possible.

I don't find it depressing because as organisms we are rather primitive, on a lower evolution stage and limited to only the five senses and some claim, maybe an intuitive sixth sense. Just because we cannot sense it, does not mean it does not exist. Things could exist beyond our perception level (vision, sight sound, touch etc.)

So resigning oneself into 'not doing anything' may not be the best option. As organisms, our seed (spermatozoa) behaves in pretty aggressive manner anyway, so 'not doing something' (especially if you are a male) is not in our biological signature or DNA. Watch sperm cell activity on YouTube sometimes....

All of us are more or less sewer rats, fantasizing about being in another (higher) dimension, like in the movie series 'Matrix'. In between you find time to have a few nookies here and there, sniff a few pleasant (to us) things, squeeze out a few litters, then you're dead.

Once you're dead, you're gone....Le fin.....

You didn't tag me but here goes.

About us being the only organisms is doubtful since existence of habitable planets (and existence of intelligent life) in Alpha Centauri and other distant solar systems within less than five light years is more or less possible.

I don't find it depressing because as organisms we are rather primitive, on a lower evolution stage and limited to only the five senses and some claim, maybe an intuitive sixth sense. Just because we cannot sense it, does not mean it does not exist. Things could exist beyond our perception level (vision, sight sound, touch etc.)

So resigning oneself into 'not doing anything' may not be the best option. As organisms, our seed (spermatozoa) behaves in pretty aggressive manner anyway, so 'not doing something' (especially if you are a male) is not in our biological signature or DNA. Watch sperm cell activity on YouTube sometimes....
I wasn't suggesting that we are alone...what I meant was do you feel demotivated to do good things becuase there is no ultimate purpose? Whats the point of making something like grameen bank or brac if you are going to die anyway..theres no heaven you can go to...the only benefit is people might remember your name for maybe one more generation...even that wont benefit you after you are dead.

I wasn't suggesting that we are alone...what I meant was do you feel demotivated to do good things becuase there is no ultimate purpose? Whats the point of making something like grameen bank or brac if you are going to die anyway..theres no heaven you can go to...the only benefit is people might remember your name for maybe one more generation...even that wont benefit you after you are dead.
Well the good things I do(I might not do many,but still) are not to go to heaven. I do good things mostly because I like(feel like) doing those.

Well the good things I do(I might not do many,but still) are not to go to heaven. I do good things mostly because I like(feel like) doing those.
Mental satisfaction is your reward then.

Well at this point I figure I'm living to the best of my ability for the sake of others, e.g. friends, family. If there is an outside force, a higher power I don't feel any connection......yet. If I can live a good life that will work for the people I care about then I think that's enough for me to keep on living with my head held high.

@Anubis you made a good cameo here btw, well done ;)

Some people aren't really looking for rewards - they do it as a natural self-satisfaction exercise.

whether everything is a simulation.....even if there is a higher power, its impossible to know what it is and what it wants.
i believe it's been proven wrong that we can't possibly be living in a simulation ie (the universe)
i like to think of the higher power as a dude working in a lab with some blood agar and culture media... slap some smear on and let it grow.... i like to think of us living beings as the bacteria colony and the higher being as the dude.... end of the day, us worshiping that higher being doesn;t matter.... what matters is whether he will clean up the culture media and destroy the colony (which we like to think of as the judgement day or the universe cooling off or in other words heat death
... oh wait... that's progressiion of it all after

that makes you a good human, if religion is the only thing keeping you from doing bad things, then you're just a shitty human

i believe it's been proven wrong that we can't possibly be living in a simulation ie (the universe)
i like to think of the higher power as a dude working in a lab with some blood agar and culture media... slap some smear on and let it grow.... i like to think of us living beings as the bacteria colony and the higher being as the dude.... end of the day, us worshiping that higher being doesn;t matter.... what matters is whether he will clean up the culture media and destroy the colony (which we like to think of as the judgement day or the universe cooling off or in other words heat death
... oh wait... that's progressiion of it all after

that makes you a good human, if religion is the only thing keeping you from doing bad things, then you're just a shitty human
How it's been proven?

44410841_10156259171937851_6735120314881015808_n.jpg

Wow what happened to AB? Sad.....

CTG instantaneous crash response,training paid off....

F7 BGI bird strike emergency at Dhaka and ATC exhanges.

Back
Top Bottom