What's new

Chill Bangladesh Thread

So, it is always the group of leaders of a country that matters. Do you expect BD to produce such a group of leadership? We are the most corrupt people.

Not only corrupt - they are also mostly uneducated goondas.

This is the meritocracy we have. If the top person (i.e.) Hasina depends on goondas to hold on to power, then how can we qualitatively compete with other nations?

Look at four years of trump and where it took the US. Thugs were so close to running the country. Rule of law started to erode.

I am sorry - but China actually has better leadership, at least their top bureaucracy is a meritocracy, which is well proven.

One can argue all one wants, but look at where India is going, with thugs running the country in successive administrations. The finance minister they have alone (Nirmala Sitaraman) is a case study in abject failure of competence. Garbage in, garbage out.

Now think ten times worse. That is what we have as far as leadership.

Whatever progress is happening in Bangladesh, is happening in spite of the govt., not because of it.

Only a handful of people do their jobs. Planning Minister MA Mannan and Energy Minister Nasrul Hamid come to mind. Those two ministries are crucial. Under Nasrul Hamid - Power output of Bangladesh increased from 10289 MW to 21419 MW. He is a charismatic leader AFAIK.

This is limited knowledge of course, I could be wrong.

Both come from educated families and not from uneducated goonda cadre background.

Last edited:
View attachment 751428
Worst f##king team in the world

Members of BFF should be fired ASAP
If fired, you will have to replace them with others. Are there many? Or, is there a system in place to train players from the very childhood that a man can see in other countries? It is the same for the members of the BFF.

Football or any games or operating a team or a country all depends upon the mindset of the country's population. We lack qualities such as discipline, perseverance, commitment, and all other qualities that create a good player or a good nation.

৭১ এ "বিধবা পল্লী" আর ফিলিস্তিনী পত্রিকায় বাংলাদেশের সাপোর্টের পোষ্ট শেয়ার করায় পিঙ্কুদের পশ্চাতদেশে আগুন জ্বলে উঠসে। ব্যান না খাওয়ার রেকর্ডটা ক্লিন রাখতে চাইছিলাম, দিল নষ্ট কইরা। 😑 একই জিনিস করসে যখন @Black_cats একই টপিকে একটা থ্রেড পোষ্ট করসে। অন্য সময় থ্রেড লক করে, কিন্তু এইবার একেবারে রিমুভ করে দিছে।

Not surprised tbh.
Onek kotha bolar ache kintu ei jaigaye na.

Happy Fathers Day to all fathers, near and far...

Last edited:

@F-6 enthusiast , regarding your above post in the now locked thread:
I believe you were referring to the below post:

Japan excelled in almost every field. It is because of its people's nature of perseverance and the habit of being meticulous. Japan developed its industrial technologies and started producing industrial and consumer goods after Meji Restoration in the 1860s. It was certainly not like today. But, the world was not also like what it is today.

You are absolutely right @bluesky bhai. This meticulous, focused and persevering attitude is (without rare exception) so absent within Bengalis and Bangladeshis, while it is so common among the Japanese.

I had observed this firsthand when working with some Mizuno buyers in Bangladesh (apparel sourcing division) in my very young days. They routinely put in ten hour days and I had to as well as a senior manager. They worked at a slower deliberate pace though - compared to American workers.

I was also lucky to get basics of Ishikawa diagram fault finding method through collaborating with one of the experts. Spent a few valuable weeks with these people. Good memories.

Last edited:
You are absolutely right @bluesky bhai. This meticulous, focused and persevering attitude is (without rare exception) so absent within Bengalis and Bangladeshis, while it is so common among the Japanese.

I had observed this firsthand when working with some Mizuno buyers in Bangladesh (apparel sourcing division) in my very young days. They routinely put in ten hour days and I had to as well as a senior manager. They worked at a slower deliberate pace though - compared to American workers.

I was also lucky to get basics of Ishikawa diagram fault finding method though one of the experts. Spent a few valuable weeks with these people. Good memories.
The Japanese garment inspectors have specialized eyes. They find fault with tiny mistakes to improve the quality. It is the same within Japan as well and they show the same methodology when ordering goods from a foreign country.

I have noticed BD producers just do not like the Japanese buyers.

The Japanese are too meticulous that you will lose interest to get orders. But, once you get orders (small orders the 1st and 2nd time) and you give them quality, it will be the starting point for you to make your new fortune.

The Japanese buyer would keep on giving you orders and introduce other buyers and certainly raise the price. They are unlike Western buyers who keep on changing the outsourcing. Japanese stick to the quality and will stick to the party they select.

* By the way, one Japanese had shown me the sewing lines in BD-produced garment piece go zigzag from one hole to the next one with a little angle.

@F-6 enthusiast , regarding your above post in the now locked thread:
I believe you were referring to the below post:

I'm sorry i thought it was idune , but your post was pretty funny tbh

MG motors is being brought to Bangladesh by Rancon Motors. These have many luxury features (all controls are power-operated for starters). The company is Chinese however these are also assembled in other places including Pakistan.

http://mgmotor.com.bd/home/MGZS/

They are already offering Electric SUVs. Here is a review by a ten year old. :-)

The thing surprisingly enough, looks like a Hyundai Tucson...

Last edited:
Another oldie but goodie

Another doozie from the sixties...

Last edited:
Not only corrupt - they are also mostly uneducated goondas.

This is the meritocracy we have. If the top person (i.e.) Hasina depends on goondas to hold on to power, then how can we qualitatively compete with other nations?

Look at four years of trump and where it took the US. Thugs were so close to running the country. Rule of law started to erode.

I am sorry - but China actually has better leadership, at least their top bureaucracy is a meritocracy, which is well proven.

One can argue all one wants, but look at where India is going, with thugs running the country in successive administrations. The finance minister they have alone (Nirmala Sitaraman) is a case study in abject failure of competence. Garbage in, garbage out.

Now think ten times worse. That is what we have as far as leadership.

Whatever progress is happening in Bangladesh, is happening in spite of the govt., not because of it.

Only a handful of people do their jobs. Planning Minister MA Mannan and Energy Minister Nasrul Hamid come to mind. Those two ministries are crucial. Under Nasrul Hamid - Power output of Bangladesh increased from 10289 MW to 21419 MW. He is a charismatic leader AFAIK.

This is limited knowledge of course, I could be wrong.

Both come from educated families and not from uneducated goonda cadre background.
I would like to ask you about two political Hooligans. One is the former Dhaka Mayor, Khoka. The other is the current Obaidul Quader, another Hooligan.

In my opinion, the former was a low-class thief who had no ability to think beyond the wall of the room he was sitting. However, Obaidul Quader is not exactly a thief although he used to be a muscleman. I believe he has a more constructive mind in comparison. He talks and acts forcefully but he is quite an active man.

BD needs personalities like Sher-e-Bangla, Khwaja Nazimuddin, or Suhrawardy. But, these days, highly acclaimed people cannot and do not come to the fore to do politics or lead the country.

Politics has become too dirty in the country for any of their likes to come forward. @Atlas is fond of VP Noor, but he is just in his prime and he knows nothing about national economic development or to run an administration. Our two national Lady leaders are also the same. Both came from the kitchen to lead the country. They do not have the experience even to maintain a file but have become the PMs of a wonderful country, named BD.

I hope, VP Noor and similar others come gradually to the fore and in the meantime keeps on learning examples of other developed countries under which process each of them developed.

Last edited:
Back to the Bengali feature film "Aynabaaji" (a song from it).

Who is the singer of this song. She has quite a classical-based voice that does not come out without proper training and nurturing by high-level Ustads.

Who is the singer of this song. She has quite a classical-based voice that does not come out without proper training and nurturing by high-level Ustads.

Her name is Annesha. I understand she is new and was discovered by Habib Wahid.

These days the level of voice training and talent (for both musicians and vocalists) are both high in Bangladesh compared to twenty years ago, I'd say similar to Indian standards, which is a much larger talent market and has a more deep reserve of talent because of sheer numbers.

At some point, only money gets you the best high-level Ustads and the best training...

I would like to ask you about two political Hooligans. One is the former Dhaka Mayor, Khoka. The other is the current Obaidul Quader, another Hooligan.

In my opinion, the former was a low-class thief who had no ability to think beyond the wall of the room he was sitting. However, Obaidul Quader is not exactly a thief although he used to be a muscleman. I believe he has a more constructive mind in comparison. He talks and acts forcefully but he is quite an active man.

BD needs personalities like Sher-e-Bangla, Khwaja Nazimuddin, or Suhrawardy. But, these days, highly acclaimed people cannot and do not come to the fore to do politics or lead the country.

Politics has become too dirty in the country for any of their likes to come forward. @Atlas is fond of VP Noor, but he is just in his prime and he knows nothing about national economic development or to run an administration. Our two national Lady leaders are also the same. Both came from the kitchen to lead the country. They do not have the experience even to maintain a file but have become the PMs of a wonderful country, named BD.

I hope, VP Noor and similar others come gradually to the fore and in the meantime keeps on learning examples of other developed countries under which process each of them developed.

My words exactly. We need wise visionary educated people in the level of say Lee Kuan Yew or Deng Xiao Ping.

All we have however are people like Dr. Yunus (Nobel Prize Winner), or had like our chief of BRAC, Fazle Hasan Abed, who won a whole slew of awards, including the prestigious "Most Distinguished Order of Saint Michael and Saint George".

Unfortunately these leaders will never tread into the dirt that is our sandbox of politics.

So - like you said, we are left with the low class hooligans. I agree with you about Khoka and Obaidul Quader, both are either low or mid level cadres, unfit to have vision.

I have raised the name of Sheikh Moni's son Taposh (one of the current Dhaka Mayors right now) before, but some here have disagreed about their abilities. I think this young man is at least educated (Lincoln's Inn trained Barrister).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom