I didn’t know we ever used 747

View attachment 715315
View attachment 715316
guys, what was this rascal used for?

View attachment 715317
and this?

I didn’t know we ever used 747

Ah yes - the odd one. :-)

Biman Wet-leased these things for maybe two/three years in the early 2000's (?) from a Nigerian Airline when some of their DC-10's got grounded and they had aircraft shortage. Rumor has it that the Biman big-wigs made a shady deal with the Nigerians, paying them above market rates, and pocketing some of the money in arrangements.

I will always remember the skins for the big ugly logos. They were so ugly, they were a popular attraction for aviation nuts worldwide. In fact the scale model makers made huge profit from selling die cast models (You know, 1/400 and 1/200 ones) of this ugly logo of the 747-200.

s-l1600.png

Ah yes - the odd one. :-)

Biman Wet-leased these things for maybe two/three years in the early 2000's (?) from a Nigerian Airline when some of their DC-10's got grounded and they had aircraft shortage. Rumor has it that the Biman big-wigs made a shady deal with the Nigerians, paying them above market rates, and pocketing some of the money in arrangements.

I will always remember the skins for the big ugly logos. They were so ugly, they were a popular attraction for aviation nuts worldwide. In fact the scale model makers made huge profit from selling die cast models (You know, 1/400 and 1/200 ones) of this ugly logo of the 747-200.

s-l1600.png
It looks like they just took the plane as it was and covered up old logos
Just look at the size of the BIMAN emblem on the tail. Horrendous

Yeah there’s a story behind it. Apparently the muppets in the govt thought offsetting the circle makes the circle appear to be at center when it’s flying so they changed the official flag.

I know but the offset of the red cricle is meant to be towards the hoist to the left:

Screenshot_20210212-224432_Samsung Internet.jpg

What is the rationale behind offsetting it to the right here? Maybe they wanted to make sure the circle is more visible closer to the ground in the event of the dodgy plane stalling mid air and nose diving? :angel:

Screenshot_20210211-231419_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:
I know but the offset of the red cricle is meant to be towards the hoist to the left:

View attachment 715643

What is the rationale behind offsetting it to the right here? Maybe they wanted to make sure the circle is more visible closer to the ground in the event of the dodgy plane stalling mid air and nose diving? :angel:

View attachment 715644
If it’s a sticker then maybe they cheaper out on the printing block. If it’s paint... the guy who painted it thought of mirroring the image and screwed it up

Hmm was watching this , and I was thinking if Bangladesh can make or design their own small arms starting with a pistol all the way up to a rifle.

Couple of issues we have is metallurgy and of course no company to do it

Back
Top Bottom