What's new

Chill Bangladesh Thread

I want to ask all Bangladeshi muslims why do they hate Israel? If it's about occupying Palestine then remember muslims also conquered and occupied many lands of non muslims in the past? Occupation is common in history everybody did it.

Disclaimer- I don't support Israel just trying to make a point.

@DalalErMaNodi @Ronin @bluesky @Michael Corleone
Occupation is not my problem, they won war twice so I guess they earned their right...
It’s their oppression and cultural appropriation/theft that bothers me

I want to ask all Bangladeshi muslims why do they hate Israel? If it's about occupying Palestine then remember muslims also conquered and occupied many lands of non muslims in the past? Occupation is common in history everybody did it.

If i were a Buddist, probably i won't like Muslim occupying my land, taking away my freedom and treat us like less of a human.

Last edited:

Occupation in the modern day and occupation in the past are two different things. We don't support any non-justifiable occupation, whether the occupier is Muslim or not.

Also personally, I don't hate Israel. I admire the Jewish people. I would like a) Two state-solution, with the internationally recognized 1967 borders of the Palestinian territories with East Jerusalem as the capital or b) A one-state solution with only Israel, but allowing all the Palestinian refugees since 1948 to return.

Occupation in the modern day and occupation in the past are two different things. We don't support any non-justifiable occupation, whether the occupier is Muslim or not.

Also personally, I don't hate Israel. I admire the Jewish people. I would like a) Two state-solution, with the internationally recognized 1967 borders of the Palestinian territories with East Jerusalem as the capital or b) A one-state solution with only Israel, but allowing all the Palestinian refugees since 1948 to return.

I believe if Israel slows down the building of settlements and land-grabbing, along with employing educated Palestinians and thereby raising the living standards in Gaza etc., there could be prospects for real peace.

Granted - Palestinians could never be as rich as foreign born Jewish settlers, but at least Palestinians could have jobs by which they could support their families comfortably. Like everything else, peace depends on good jobs and livelihoods.

And hopefully the new generation Israelis start accepting Palestinians as their colleagues and neighbors.

Ultimately this could help stop support for extremists on both sides, both extreme Jewish groups as well as Hamas, and their rocket attacks.

Yeah I know - tall order!

But it could happen, hope is what keeps us all alive.

@Arthur @gom poa listen closely ;)

From 2:45 to 3:30.

We all know this isn't in 'Dhaka City' even though that's what the video suggests.
:blink: :astagh:
Eida kita hunaila bhai. Emon bishudhho Chatgayya huinna kaan porishkar hoey gelo. :fie:

To think of it, it's very funny how Chatgayya people can turn every conversation to some sort of gaali competition. :lol:

:blink: :astagh:
Eida kita hunaila bhai. Emon bishidhho Chatgayya huinna kaan pochi gelo. :fie:

Tension killay lon de Bhai, tuar lai gift ase eik peyala mezbhan er ghosto.

33bc88d2dbc6d4bb578dc3985ec8c9ed.jpg

Aru laiyle are janaiyun.

From me to thee. :)

:cry::cry:
Now I am craving mezbani goshto at midnight. And my area is still under lockdown. :cray:

No-one should suffer like this.

Sad.

I'm praying for you, that a angel descends and presents to you a golden pot 'khotta' full to the brim with succulent mezbani meat.

I crave mezbani meat too but I'm stuck in lockdown in Kuwait, and I can't go back to my city to enjoy, it's many bounties.

I miss Chittagong.

No-one should suffer like this.

Sad.

I'm praying for you, that a angel descends and presents to you a golden pot 'khotta' full to the brim with succulent mezbani meat.

I crave mezbani meat too but I'm stuck in lockdown in Kuwait, and I can't go back to my city to enjoy, it's many bounties.

I miss Chittagong.

Ah - a reminder of , "Boddar Haat Jaium ai - tuar lai ainnum ki"?

OK grammar mistake. Should be " Boddar haatoth" right?

Not bad for a non-Chittagonian -eh? :woot:

Indeed not bad, there is no given spelling in English, I'd have to know how you're pronouncing and enunciating it to know, if you're saying it right.

It is fine, the grammar rules of Chittagonian are not rigid unlike normal standard Bangla, but it should be 'ki ainnom' not the other way around.

You can also say : Ai(n) boddar hat'ot zair, torar thay kisu laibone

I'm going to boddar haat, do you guys need anything?

This also works scrap the 'ki' :

Ai boddar hat'ot zair, kisu (kichu) ainnomne

Here ainnomne does the work of two words at once and ki the question word is eliminated, as ainnomne ( should bring ?) Is literally a word that is in itself a question.

Sadly, we don't provide Honorary Chittagonian 'club' memberships anymore, Noakhaillas have made us bitter over 'bhoingas' aka outsiders.

But if we ever start giving out honorary memberships, I'd recommend you for one, better yet learn some more Chittagonian stuff while you're at it, doesn't hurt.

Chittagong er fua ai tuare salam zanai'r.

My apologies, if you're now more confused that ever, the issue is Chittagonian is unfortunately dying, there is booklet of 'rules' per say, it's all word of mouth, therefore it is difficult for me to explain how it works, because I don't know how it works myself, I just use my intuition to form sentences, it's automatic.

If you ever learnt a language by listening to it, you'll know what I mean.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom