What's new

Child’s view of Burma’s horror

Take my advice and focus only on your country , this muslim card game is only used by Countries like Iran and Saudi Arabia to win global influence.

I only care about my own country and want others to stay away from us as simple as that.

These Rohingyas have been persecuted for the past few decades. Seriously the Muslim card is needed here unlike other places.West failed to prevent the persecution. India had to make 180 degree turn with their policy after trying to isolate Burma for 3 decades. They failed because China was propping up the junta regime for Geopolitical reasons inspite of Chinese Burmese getting killed in 1960 and were thrown away from Burma. The oil rich countries of middle-east need to do something like what they did in 1970s with an oil embargo to isolate the support of all major power for Burma and leave her to fend for herself. But still I am not sure the military junta or the Theravada monks will relent.

I will write a letter with this post attached to the Member of Parliament of my district, and request her to take it up to the Minister of external affairs. As a civilian that is about what I can do.
Wish the people you care about the very best, and may them have the strength to overcome this.

bro donation can not save life, we need to make awareness among international communities

I will write a letter with this post attached to the Member of Parliament of my district, and request her to take it up to the Minister of external affairs. As a civilian that is about what I can do.
Wish the people you care about the very best, and may them have the strength to overcome this.

thanks bro :cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
because your Aussie who are part of NATO which is working for so called justice of the world, so i mentioned you for being Aussie.
You want NATO to intervene? And when they, you call them invaders and Imperialists. No, there is no oil in Bruma.
And most importantly, China protects Burma. So, you can forget about military intervention and you can forget about Muslim nations doing anything to displease China.

@BDforever

I am flattered that you care about my opinion on the matter. Sorry for the long time it took me to reply, I was busy lately.
Frankly I only vaguely heard of this issue before I got to this forum (The guy who put the sticky up, thank you!).
I am still reading on the subject and learning.

Anyway, obviously I condemn the killing, and it's a shame on all of humanity that it's going on for so long :( .

NATO (or more specifically USA) will not intervene. I don't support every USA action, but clearly the USA has not gone to Afghanistan for resources. The bashing against the USA on grounds of Afghanistan (whether they have merit or not), Libya in which at first the Arab world asked for an intervention and supported that but after the fact I have met quite a few Arabs/Muslims who regard it as an act of USA against the Muslims... and generally the automatic negative sentiment to everything the USA/west/NATO does has led to castrating their will to act in any case including human rights.
It took 20 years for the USA to take on aggressive foreign policy post Vietnam, I suspect it would take as long this time. That is a partial reason why in 1990 the USA has not carried the offensive into Iraq.
Disclaimer: I have no idea if the USA would have bothered to intervene under other circumstances.

Yes, but how about you check who won the contracts? not the USA/NATO/Europe. This goes to prove your point wrong.
The exploration of those resources is just starting now, when NATO is actually leaving the country.
This kind of auto USA bias is what cements that they will not intervene militarily anywhere in the foreseeable future (except extreme cases).

China won the contract for extracting Afghan oil:

China National Petroleum Corp. To Begin Crude Oil Production In Afghanistan, Output To Rise To 25,000 Barrels Per Day Of Crude Oil By Year-End

China National Petroleum Corp. To Begin Crude Oil Production In Afghanistan, Output To Rise To 25,000 Barrels Per Day Of Crude Oil By Year-End

Chinese company also won the contract for the second largest copper reserves in the world

Afghan Mineral Treasures Stay Buried, Hostages To Uncertainty

In 2008, Afghanistan issued its first mining concession to the Metallurgical Corporation of China for a giant copper mine in Mes Aynak near the site currently being evaluated. But the metal in Mes Aynak is still sitting in the ground.

Afghan Mineral Treasures Stay Buried, Hostages To Uncertainty : Parallels : NPR

From what I read in this thread it seems like you should be directing your criticism at China and not the USA/west. Though they indeed deserve some for doing nothing China deserves much much worse. They are supposed to be a regional power and a emerging super power, how can they allow massacres in their own back yard? while the USA and Europe are on the other side of the world...

As I admitted my knowledge is limited in this area, but why can't BD do anything? maybe together with Pakistan? at least support some armed rebel groups? provide training? refugee camps? does BD have no military? or is Burma much stronger?
How about Indonesia and Malaysia?
I am asking out of ignorance, I am not accusing anyone but it would be faster for me to learn of the issue if you help :)

As I admitted my knowledge is limited in this area, but why can't BD do anything? maybe together with Pakistan? at least support some armed rebel groups? provide training? refugee camps? does BD have no military? or is Burma much stronger?
How about Indonesia and Malaysia?
I am asking out of ignorance, I am not accusing anyone but it would be faster for me to learn of the issue if you help :)

understand your opinion...

BD is doing what it can do its best, BD armed forces are strong comparing with Myanmar but we do want not war in first place, we want diplomatic solution, only BD is talking about this issue and others are ignoring the matter.

@BDforever

BD is doing what it can do its best, BD armed forces are strong comparing with Myanmar but we do want not war in first place, we want diplomatic solution, only BD is talking about this issue and others are ignoring the matter.

Yes, I understand. Even if you have a stronger army acting alone will just bog you down for ages and probably just cause more killings.
Sadly the world has a shitty record at stopping massacres even after ww2. I know I will be mentioning this to people I know.
Probably more recognition to the subject is what will get the best results.

So thanks for this thread. :)

@BDforever

Yes, I understand. Even if you have a stronger army acting alone will just bog you down for ages and probably just cause more killings.
Sadly the world has a shitty record at stopping massacres even after ww2. I know I will be mentioning this to people I know.
Probably more recognition to the subject is what will get the best results.

So thanks for this thread. :)

that is what we want , public awareness :)

After last propaganda, I doubt any news coming from Muslim sites/news papers.

Last time they circulated the pics of natural disaster and incited the Muslim worldwide..

After last propaganda, I doubt any news coming from Muslim sites/news papers.

Last time they circulated the pics of natural disaster and incited the Muslim worldwide..

what are you talking about ? are you saying that nothing happened to Rohingya ?

Back
Top Bottom