What's new

Chief designer of J-20 told CCTV that China's next gen fighter will be sci-fi like

Among many conceptual features, Next Gen jet fighter should have dual flight control - manned flight with pilot in the cockpit, and unmanned flight with a pilot in a remote control room.

If pilot in a manned flight is hurt or lost consciousness, the aircraft should be able to fly back to base automatically or piloted by another pilot in remote location.

They already exist for decades.
Thanks for the enlightrnment, but which current generation jet fighter has this feature?

Last I heard a F-22 crashed because the pilot lost consciousness due to oxygen supply problem and there is no evidence of autopilot for returning to base or a flight operator took over remote control from airbase.

Shouldn't China first have a reliable J20 with a Chinese made engine...

The policy of China is doing these things all at the same time:-

1. Building current generation aircraft (and ships, tanks, etc)
2. Research and testing on next generation fighter (and ships, tanks, etc)
3. Conceptual preliminary evaluation of aircraft belonging to the one generation after the immediate next generation. i.e. two generation after current generation.

In this way, there will be smooth transition from one generation to the next.

Guys, could You please stay on topic ??

So there's no need to attach any sci-fi space-fighter images, no need to bring the engine- or China-vs-India-issue on the agenda. And You don't have to say anything meaningful it's sometimes better to say nothing ...

Deino

Among many conceptual features, Next Gen jet fighter should have dual flight control - manned flight with pilot in the cockpit, and unmanned flight with a pilot in a remote control room.

If pilot in a manned flight is hurt or lost consciousness, the aircraft should be able to fly back to base automatically or piloted by another pilot in remote location.

Flanker has already has that feature.

The next gen manned fighter will be able to enter the near space area? I thing Us, Russia and China have already have possessed this technology. They just very expensive at the moment.

SAC is rumoured to unveil something pretty cool pretty soon.

Anyone has any idea?:D
something will be used on future AC, p.s not the current FC-31````:D

If I had a wish a carrier-capable-version with the statement, the PLANAF will take it.
I am confident to tell you, your 'wish' will come true soon``:D

China’s sixth generation jet fighter confirmed, more advanced than J-20 aircraft
Posted on October 8, 2015 by buffalo

It is known that U.S. is developing sixth-generation jet fighter, and China’s sixth-generation fighter aircraft has been rumored for years, and recently, it is finally confirmed officially.

An awarding ceremony for winners of “Feng Ru Aviation Tech Elite Award” was held on September 16th 2015. And in the stories of Shenyang Aircraft Institute’s general designer Wang Yongqing, “special mission aircraft, the next-generation jet fighter and catapult launching and arrested deck-landing were mentioned.

Among the projects, “the next-generation jet fighter” should be sixth-generation fighter aircraft of China after J-20 and J-31 jet fighters, according to military experts in China, for the tradition of China’s weapon development is “equip one generation, develop one generation and pre-develop one generation”.

Since fourth-generation jet fighters of China like J-10 and J-11 have been numerously in service, and fifth-generation fighter aircrafts including J-20 and J-31 are being developed, sixth-generation jet fighter of China should have been pre-developed. Some experts think China’s sixth-generation fighter aircraft might be unmanned plane.

jxt.gif

Back
Top Bottom