What's new

Chengdu J-20's Fifth Prototype Unveiled.

Syed Hussain

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Finally! A clear shot of 2013!
J-20 p2013.jpg

The Pitot tubes are removed & speculations are coming about the installation of fire control AESA. If so, than weapons tests can be expected which will be a big leap indeed & would prove the time frames about J-20's development given by Western analysts wrong.

Finally! A clear shot of 2013!
View attachment 159711
The Pitot tubes are removed & speculations are coming about the installation of fire control AESA. If so, than weapons tests can be expected which will be a big leap indeed & would prove the time frames about J-20's development given by Western analysts wrong.

looks god
Q is J-20 a Heavy class Fighter

Issue is when the WS-15 will be ready. We can only see its true might when its powered by super cruise capable turbofans.
Right said, but last time I searched, WS-10(at maturer level of development than WS-15) barely made it to resolve the "blades warping" problem during high g maneuvers. Shorter service life & time between overhauls are still there with off the charts weights. They will have to keep up with Russian turbofans for up to 3 or 4 years more.

Right said, but last time I searched, WS-10(at maturer level of development than WS-15) barely made it to resolve the "blades warping" problem during high g maneuvers. Shorter service life & time between overhauls are still there with off the charts weights. They will have to keep up with Russian turbofans for up to 3 or 4 years more.
Never heard of such problem. Higher thrust of WS-10A engine is achieved as they shortening engine lifespan to hit 14000kg max thrust until WS-15 engine enter service And China has not made a new engine deal with Russian in since 2 years time. So I am sceptical they are going to use Russian engine for LRIP J-20.

Last edited:
The gimmicks of stealth,internal weapon bays,long range missiles are going to be blown(just like mig-17 vs f-105) by affordable 4 the gen fighters like f-16,gripen if there is war. China is another fat USAF in the making just like IAF and RUAF are trying to be, they will be given a bloody nose if they were to face a smart enemy.

The gimmicks of stealth,internal weapon bays,long range missiles are going to be blown(just like mig-17 vs f-105) by affordable 4 the gen fighters like f-16,gripen if there is war. China is another fat USAF in the making just like IAF and RUAF are trying to be, they will be given a bloody nose if they were to face a smart enemy.

Its right about there when this o_O turned to this :lol:regarding the level of seriousness to be given to your post. I would suggest your brush up some reading on
1. Air warfare in vietnam
2.Air warfare in gulf war I
3. Red Flag and ACEVAL/AIMVAL
4. Red Flag and F-22 results.

before posting again on this subject.

Its right about there when this o_O turned to this :lol:regarding the level of seriousness to be given to your post. I would suggest your brush up some reading on

I'm trying to learn about military aviation too, these would be helpful.

Somebody just get sourgrape when the inability of their own country. China 5th gen not just pop out of the blue, it a result of years of development. Infrastruture, education and R&D.

China's Tianhe-2 Remains The World's Fastest Supercomputer - Forbes
Tianhe 2 is a project started by National University of Defense Technology and supercomputer is critical in analysis for advance military weapon from nuclear explosion simulation to advance fighter jet analysis.

3ders.org - China building world's largest 3D printer to construct houses | 3D Printer News & 3D Printing News
3D printer revolutionised aircraft making.

France-METALLURGIE » Blog Archive » China’s 80,000-ton press forge almost ready for use (US)
Forge press is another critical machine for aircraft manufacturing especially large aircraft.

Chinese 2012 R&D Spending Reached One Trillion Yuan | Asian Scientist Magazine | Science, Technology and Medicine News Updates From Asia

It is no coincidence and absolutely came as no suprise, a real 5th gen fighter is possible made by China.

Hmmm what makes you think I havent read,I have also read red how many of the results are rigged to keep the money flowing into the USAF darling programs.I dont care if you dont take it seriously, I am a defence technology management student and I think I know what I am talking. Technology and requirement creep is solely responsible for most of the failed multi billion projects,strategy and tactics should drive technology not the other way round and stealth was a technology push with assumptions gone wrong.

Hmmm what makes you think I havent read,I have also read red how many of the results are rigged to keep the money flowing into the USAF darling programs.I dont care if you dont take it seriously, I am a defence technology management student and I think I know what I am talking. Technology and requirement creep is solely responsible for most of the failed multi billion projects,strategy and tactics should drive technology not the other way round and stealth was a technology push with assumptions gone wrong.
Ok, prove it then.. give an example of where this push has kept things going.. I dont doubt that there are made up capability requirements pushed based on non-existent threats.. but you have yet to prove stealth wrong as the entire world cannot be buying onto an American gambit.

@gambit

Somebody just get sourgrape when the inability of their own country. China 5th gen not just pop out of the blue, it a result of years of development. Infrastruture, education and R&D.

China's Tianhe-2 Remains The World's Fastest Supercomputer - Forbes
Tianhe 2 is a project started by National University of Defense Technology and supercomputer is critical in analysis for advance military weapon from nuclear explosion simulation to advance fighter jet analysis.

3ders.org - China building world's largest 3D printer to construct houses | 3D Printer News & 3D Printing News
3D printer revolutionised aircraft making.

France-METALLURGIE » Blog Archive » China’s 80,000-ton press forge almost ready for use (US)
Forge press is another critical machine for aircraft manufacturing especially large aircraft.

Chinese 2012 R&D Spending Reached One Trillion Yuan | Asian Scientist Magazine | Science, Technology and Medicine News Updates From Asia

It is no coincidence and absolutely came as no suprise, a real 5th gen fighter is possible made by China.

Now sure how this is relevant to my post.

Most probably you are talking about drdo. After years of delays and spending of billions and billions of your tax payers money, you are still unable bring a final product.

Ok, prove it then.. give an example of where this push has kept things going.. I dont doubt that there are made up capability requirements pushed based on non-existent threats.. but you have yet to prove stealth wrong as the entire world cannot be buying onto an American gambit.

@gambit

Now sure how this is relevant to my post.
Stealth is optimized to work in a BVR dominated environment(provided the adversary has no modern ESM,IRST,VHF/UHF based GCI/early warning),the wars you have mentioned proved BVR combat does not make majority of the kills(approximately only 5 kills were BVR in the gulf and the rest of AMRAAM,Aim-7 engagements were within visual range and most from the rear and all that against an incompetent air force).
BVR combat has not proved to be very reliable and the advantage if any only stays till "merge" and then the IFF problem sinks in and makes the situation worse.Modern RWR's which can detect,locate LPI radars can be relatively easy to design than LPI radars and thus if you keep your radars on you are no more stealthy but if you switch it off then BVR aint possible.
The excercises such as red flag are conducted with assumed Pk of missiles which is astonishingly high,hell even the tests carried out on the BVR missiles aren't realistic in terms of target maneuvering and electronic clutter.
The excercises feather duster,AIMVAL/ACEVAL, red flag proved that air national guards flying inferior planes can take out superior planes,offbore sight missiles are not needed,smaller agile aircraft are still relevant against expensive ones.
Assumptions on certain technology proved wrong in vietnam,kosovo,gulf and it will repeat again and the ones who dont learn from the past are doomed.

Most probably you are talking about drdo. After years of delays and spending of billions and billions of your tax payers money, you are still unable bring a final product.
Go read about valkyrie bomber, F-X , MBT-70 ,Crusader, future combat systems, airborne laser,F-111,comanche,cheyenne,CG(X),LCS,Expeditionary Fighting Vehicle,F-35.
When you are done lets talk and may be then you will troll less.

Back
Top Bottom