What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

My guess is that they're giving up 6'clock visibility in the cockpit for additional sensor processing capability.

:p:

It cannot be shared yet but as it seems, 2051 flew already!

672d2337gy1h9f27hzz20j20q61g20vf.jpg

Via @Captain小潇 from Weibo

I have always wondered how accurate the RCS figures are. Someone posted maybe in this thread Japanese figures, the F22 looked impressive had lowest RCS and then F35 then was J20. Are these being calculated through simulations using the structure of the aircraft as an indication, because I'm pretty sure materials, coating will also make a difference. Or has the RCS been calculated by being spotted on a radar somewhere such as the alleged interaction between F35s and J20s.
No good at all. Simply put -- there are too many unknown variables.

Let us take your last sentence: '...spotted on a radar somewhere...'

If you think, or that someone told you, that an open environment will provide sufficient radar return to calculate an RCS, you or that person is flat out wrong. An open environment is populated, or as radar designers would say 'contaminated', with too much 'non-discretionary' signals, meaning signals that you cannot physically remove. By 'physically', I mean that signal is somehow not part of your calculation. An open environment contains 'cosmic background radiation' or 'CBR'. Can you physically remove that? No, but you isolate the test body from CBR being a variable. That isolation is the anechoic chamber.

Not only CBR but also stray EM signals from common communication such as cell phone, TV, and radios. An EM anechoic chamber will shield the body from these non-discretionary signals from your test radar signals, leaving only the reflected test signals to measure the best RCS.

Well
😮

View attachment 907526
Via @Captain小潇 from Weibo

... at first sight it looks impressive but after a second sight and even more some careful comparisons it looks as if again a bored joker wanted to fool us. I agree now, there are too many differences in important details, which make me think it is unfortunately faked.

Bild

Back
Top Bottom