What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

:sarcastic: :sarcastic: :sarcastic:

Well. It was Indian News Media that claimed that IAF SU-30MKI radar detected the J-20 on their radar.

As far as we know J-20 was never based anywhere next to India.

Yes, the Indian flanker is the only one out of all the flankers that has a radar that can reach all across Tibet from India to Chengdu!

The funny thing is India doesn't even use their own radar in the MKI but a Russian export model...

How could you tell the difference if both engines use the same TVC nozzle?

I cannot but from what we have seen it looks like the WS-10B3 and since when have ever two very different engines used the same nozzle? As such I expect the WS-15 to be vastly different to a WS-10.

I cannot but from what we have seen it looks like the WS-10B3 and since when have ever two very different engines used the same nozzle? As such I expect the WS-15 to be vastly different to a WS-10.
It's clear that the TVC nozzle was never made with the WS-10 in mind, else we'd be seeing it equipped on fighters like the J-10C or J-11B. It was a one-off proof of principle, which is why I suspect the nozzle was made for the WS-15 and was just tested using the WS-10 since China had no other engine.

You're positing an entire new TVC nozzle for the WS-15 with no indication that such a thing has been developed.

@Deino I have a photo of the plane inflight!

:yay:
35452C8F-0F20-4A85-B4B7-88D8557EB1F0.jpeg

Too blurry to make out anything. WS-15 is like the PAF + J-10C saga - there's always talk of an "imminent" reveal that has turned out to be nothing but a fairy tale every single time.
It seems you've uncovered it. There's no such thing as the WS-15, whatever shall China do?

It seems you've uncovered it. There's no such thing as the WS-15, whatever shall China do?

Let's not be snide. The photo is too grainy to make out anything other than a supposed J-20 airframe, much less an engine that China has been working on for over two decades without much success.

Too blurry to make out anything. WS-15 is like the PAF + J-10C saga - there's always talk of an "imminent" reveal that has turned out to be nothing but a fairy tale every single time.

That may very well be the case. However, I think that chances are high that my new born son will see it enter service in numbers before he reaches my age.:laugh:

You're positing an entire new TVC nozzle for the WS-15 with no indication that such a thing has been developed.

Maybe I misread your reply but indeed I'm proposing an entire new nozzle, a nozzle that can be similar but surely not the same - at least like I read your post above - since just asked in return: Whenever was a nozzle from one engine mated to a completely different one?

At least i know no such case.

How are your Kaveri (engine ) project is going:sick:

The WS-10 was the contemporary of the Kaveri. Today the WS-10 is powering everything from the J-11 to J-16 to J-10C to J-20.

The WS-15 program came much later but the witless Hindus are trying to sooth their own butthurt by hoping somehow it won't be inducted.

When the WS-15 is put on the J-20, a matter of time, then they will move on to the WS-19 and say why is it not inducted after "decades" because the initial J-35s will mostly likely use WS-13 variants.

Mind blowing that a people who never had an Indian engine power anything would be talking smack!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom