What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

Thanks ... even if this would surprise me since at least IMO the internal space is very much limited?!

Agreed, but it seems via this "better" (?) translation via the SDF:

"Don't be fooled, the artist of this drawing posted this caption "以20这个体量,不多来两发真的可惜了。“ This translate to " With the size of J-20, it would be a real shame if there's not 2 more missiles."
(by yuxiaochen)

So it was maybe more a joke.
Could be, but that isn't his style.

Some guy asked him in the comments whether it was real or fantasy. He said "do I look like a person to fantasize?".

Could be, but that isn't his style.

Some guy asked him in the comments whether it was real or fantasy. He said "do I look like a person to fantasize?".

Exactly, and that's what confuses me since - at least by my understanding - I see not enough space to put a second PL-10 besids the first one in the same bay.

Exactly, and that's what confuses me since - at least by my understanding - I see not enough space to put a second PL-10 besids the first one in the same bay.
It probably means two more missiles in the main bay.

a7a45bbcgw1e2z5uzszvwg1.gif

If anyone ever wonder about the P-51 Mustang, they were originally in service with ROC air force and several were captured by PLA during the Chinese civil war, and inducted into PLAAF.

During the first national parade celebrating formation of PRC in 1949, they were flown over Beijing as air display.

Japanese video analysis of J-20, it says J-20 was fitted with canards mainly for agility rather than stealth, it says Turkish Studies did say the stealth features of canards are detrimental to RCS reductions however it gains in terms of mobility (maneuvering capability) something repeated by other studies such

Since all configurations have the same fuselage, dorsal intake and vertical empennage, the explanation of the RCS signature reduction for the Standard delta with LEX and Double delta is due to the planform of the configurations. Note that Standard delta with LEX and Double delta have different leading edges sweep, which enhances survivability by the non-uniform fringe surfaces. By last, canards can potentially have poor stealth characteristics due to their large and angular surfaces that tend to reflect radar signals forwards.

https://www.researchgate.net/public...EATURES_FOR_NON-CONVENTIONAL_FIGHTER_AIRCRAFT

Japanese video analysis of J-20, it says J-20 was fitted with canards mainly for agility rather than stealth, it says Turkish Studies did say the stealth features of canards are detrimental to RCS reductions however it gains in terms of mobility (maneuvering capability) something repeated by other studies such

Since all configurations have the same fuselage, dorsal intake and vertical empennage, the explanation of the RCS signature reduction for the Standard delta with LEX and Double delta is due to the planform of the configurations. Note that Standard delta with LEX and Double delta have different leading edges sweep, which enhances survivability by the non-uniform fringe surfaces. By last, canards can potentially have poor stealth characteristics due to their large and angular surfaces that tend to reflect radar signals forwards.

https://www.researchgate.net/public...EATURES_FOR_NON-CONVENTIONAL_FIGHTER_AIRCRAFT
Turkey studies? Lol.... Try harder.

It's again as usual his desperate attempt to post anything that sheds bad light on this or any other Chinese projects.

We will surely again get the usual excuse, it is not forbidden to pots things that are not up to my China-hyping opinion but I must say it has a method.

Best way is to ignore such posts.

As you wished...

There are three rules in designing a low radar observable body...

- Control of QUANTITY of radiators
- Control of ARRAY of radiators
- Control of MODES of radiation

They are not so much rules that you can break but more like guidelines that you can have varying degrees of obedience to them.

For example...Of all the basic shapes, the sphere is the most obedient to the three rules.

The sphere is the radar calibration shape and is effective enough that the sphere is in orbit to serve as a calibration object for ground based radars.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lincoln_Calibration_Sphere_1

The J-20 have two main wings, two vertical stabilizers, two canards, and two ventral fins. Total of 8 major structures. That falls under rule one: Control of QUANTITY of radiators.

The J-20's flight control structures are not in alignment with each other compares to the F-22. That falls under rule two: Control of ARRAY of radiators.

Rules one and two affects rule three: Control of MODES of radiation.

The J-20 most likely have a higher RCS than the F-35 and F-22.

It's again as usual his desperate attempt to post anything that sheds bad light on this or any other Chinese projects.

We will surely again get the usual excuse, it is not forbidden to pots things that are not up to my China-hyping opinion but I must say it has a method.

You can call it a 'bad light' if you want. For those of us who have relevant experience in the subject, we call it balance.

Do you understand Japanese? i guess you think i made up the video do not you? go to the video if you understand japanese or ask any of your friends who speaks Japanese and verify if I am lying, the article sheds light upon the Japanese point of view because as the description on the video says China and Japan are developing stealth aircraft try to blame me for that video is not realistic better see no all the people had such views as you hold, in fact i can translate a few YouTube videos about the XF-7 engines and the test it has on video from Japanese YouTube regards

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom