What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

This suits slow production because new engine doesn't fit into old frame that uses current engines unless a lot of modifications are made.
There are hundreds of J-10As, which can not be upgraded to the standard of J-10C.
It can be the same to J-20A.

engine doesn't fit into old frame that uses current engines unless a lot of modifications are made.

No evidence to support that. The engine nacelles are quite large; a future WS-15-equipped J-20 shouldn't have any major modifications to its airframe.

No evidence to support that. The engine nacelles are quite large; a future WS-15-equipped J-20 shouldn't have any major modifications to its airframe.

One online source, as I saw weeks ago but now forget where it is, claimed that WS-15 is actually having a smaller diameter. So designers will fill some extra fuel tanks to newly spared room between the fuselage and the engines to help mitigate the fuel consumption increase problem as WS-15 will have a significantly smaller bypass ratio than that of WS-10.

pictorial evidence is also guess you are seeing what the puppet masters let you see, there are also satellites and pictures where more than 20- 30 aircraft should be seen, if satellites can not see 20- 30 aircraft, then the number is low, no pictures of 5 or 6 J-20 together the number is likely low, how many there are? no one knows, close to 90 is niether a right one nor 28 simple because the puppet masters will let you see what they want

Agreed, and therefore I mentioned my estimation is the lowest end, since I count only the ones confirmed by an image. So in essence I agree, the number is surely higher but an assumption of "surely more than 60" has to be at least added with an argument, why he thinks so many, an explanation where are all these then about 40 J-20s missing?

yes there was once a guy who told you China will buy Su-35 you and your friends said no, you were proven wrong in revenge you banned the guy, same was when you were proven wrong when you said Su-57 bort 05 was not going to fly again you banned the guy, some one told you do not speak Chinese, I do at least Japanese and read Chinese/Japanese ideograms you got angry and banned the guy, some one told you facts about J-20 aerodynamics but since you are a plane spotter not an aerodynamics engineer you felt angry too,since you know little about the subject, you banned the guy too, you really really are an honest guyo_O regards from MiG-29

Yes I remember this quite well and even if he might be correct with SOME of his claims, most other were plain ridiculous. Anyway, this guy forgot - just for completeness - to add, that he was not banned for making claims I or any other moderator did not like, but for the fact that he had the habit to constantly post pages-long off irrelevant off topic stuff, that he ignored all reminders from ANY moderator, then got personnel insulting and finally was banned ... only to reappear with another identity with nearly the same stupid name as if we would not notice and repeated his game once again: post after post of endless.

So much on being honest, fair and correct.

20190123204223-forum.jpg

Already posted on the page before.... any idea, where this is? At Twitter someone mentioned "Lion City" ???
Cangzhou in Hebei province is also known as Lion city. Photo is obviously taken in Summer, probably last year.

pictorial evidence is also guess you are seeing what the puppet masters let you see, there are also satellites and pictures where more than 20- 30 aircraft should be seen, if satellites can not see 20- 30 aircraft, then the number is low, no pictures of 5 or 6 J-20 together the number is likely low, how many there are? no one knows, close to 90 is niether a right one nor 28 simple because the puppet masters will let you see what they want

yes there was once a guy who told you China will buy Su-35 you and your friends said no, you were proven wrong in revenge you banned the guy, same was when you were proven wrong when you said Su-57 bort 05 was not going to fly again you banned the guy, some one told you do not speak Chinese, I do at least Japanese and read Chinese/Japanese ideograms you got angry and banned the guy, some one told you facts about J-20 aerodynamics but since you are a plane spotter not an aerodynamics engineer you felt angry too,since you know little about the subject, you banned the guy too, you really really are an honest guyo_O regards from MiG-29
So you’re the reincarnation of the b787 guy banned from SDF? Before blaming @Deino for a lack of humility, I advise you to consider your own.

I have seen in real life aircraft like C-2, P-2, T-4, F-2 in airshows, good luck in all your endeavours, I wish you good luck, as an adult i see arguments are not good, about Su-35 and T-50 i was right, about the J-20 aerodynamics i was right most of time, but not all the time, any way have a nice day.
you are a plane spotter not an aerodynamics engineer you felt angry too,since you know little about the subject, you banned the guy too, you really really are an honest guy
going to some airshows doesn't make you aerodynamics engineer either @Su-33KUB ;):enjoy: he want a proof not just wording @Su-33KUB

there are plenty of aerodynamic studies online, in fact there are so many by universities and research institutes nowadays that if you do some reading you can understand pretty much basic aerodynamics, I am an engineer, so if you now basic math and read, you get a pretty good idea why an aircraft has certain configuration, what trade offs are made, my approach to the J-20 has being trying to follow scientific and well known facts, I pretty well understand the configuration, my mistake was combat aircraft are not just raw aerodynamics, but also avionics and weaponry, facts such as Thrust vectoring do not improve an aircraft performance and handling beyond a certain %, however I live in Asia, last year I saw with my own eyes flying on an airport airshow the C-2 the Japanese cargo plane and the P-2 the anti-Submarine jet aircraft, nowadays my Japanese is good enough to watch a video of F-3 and understand on youtube available public information I also speak some Russian so I can watch videos about Su-35 or PAKFA, my point was I am well informed as an amateur, a fanboy if you want, so as a plane spotter I see things people do not see, because I look first hand sources in their language.
Then kindly tell me what is difference/trade off between tail delta wing and canard delta wing @Su33KUB

there are plenty of aerodynamic studies online, in fact there are so many by universities and research institutes nowadays that if you do some reading you can understand pretty much basic aerodynamics, I am an engineer, so if you now basic math and read, you get a pretty good idea why an aircraft has certain configuration, what trade offs are made, my approach to the J-20 has being trying to follow scientific and well known facts, I pretty well understand the configuration, my mistake was combat aircraft are not just raw aerodynamics, but also avionics and weaponry, facts such as Thrust vectoring do not improve an aircraft performance and handling beyond a certain %, however I live in Asia, last year I saw with my own eyes flying on an airport airshow the C-2 the Japanese cargo plane and the P-2 the anti-Submarine jet aircraft, nowadays my Japanese is good enough to watch a video of F-3 and understand on youtube available public information I also speak some Russian so I can watch videos about Su-35 or PAKFA, my point was I am well informed as an amateur, a fanboy if you want, so as a plane spotter I see things people do not see, because I look first hand sources in their language.

I see you haven't changed a bit: Again - probably I can simply copy & paste the mails I sent you once - either stop with this personnel BS, telling others you can deduct anything about aerodynamics on Youtube-videos since you are a regular engineer, leave out anything concerning Japanese or whatever and stay on topic. Otherwise I promise you, your time here will be as short as on the SDF.

Back
Top Bottom