What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

China may be developing the first two-seat version of its J-20 stealth combat aircraft, according to a January 2019 report. It is set to fulfill roles as a tactical bomber, electronic warfare, or a carrier strike aircraft. If the report is accurate, the Chinese Air Force could become the first air arm in the world to deploy a radar-evading fighter-bomber whose main mission is long-range ground-attack. Other stealth fighter types, including the U.S. military’s F-22 and F-35, the Russian air force’s Su-57 and the PLAAF’s J-20 and J-31 either primarily are air-to-air fighters or combine air-combat capability with the ability to strike ground targets.

4 not 2. :-)

174004k22kf74851ge2233.jpg

Followed by a pair of Y-20s.
img-ba91df9f2fbb17612b45c207fd81d4e7.jpg

How many J-20 built so far? I'm guessing about 60.

Unlikely ... highly unlikely IMO.

Following the ones we know as operational - we know in fact 7 confirmed within the 176. Brigade, 4 confirmed within the 172. Brigade and maybe 4 more with the 9. Brigade - there are probably close to 20 but surely not 60.

Or what makes you believe that high number?

Do you have any idea how fast China is? 10 times faster than America.

And how does "10 times faster than America" correlate to 60 operational J-20s?? ... or more concrete: what's your argument??

Could please argue in a realistic manner or can you only bubble your nationalistic fan-boy-like wet-dreams??

So ... simply facts ... not phantasy!

And how does "10 times faster than America" correlate to 60 operational J-20s?? ... or more concrete: what's your argument??

Could please argue in a realistic manner or can you only bubble your nationalistic fan-boy-like wet-dreams??

So ... simply facts ... not phantasy!

At least 60 J-20, maybe more.

At least 60 J-20, maybe more.

Maybe in case You did not know how to act in a forum: one has to explain and give a reason especially for unproven or even unlikely arguments.

Otherwise It is barely possible to be taken seriously or do you only want to troll around with provoking statements?

... so again: What's your reason to believe that there are already 60 J-20 operational?? Not even so many J-10s were build in the same time.

Impressive ... but again from Zhuhai?

Unlikely ... highly unlikely IMO.

Following the ones we know as operational - we know in fact 7 confirmed within the 176. Brigade, 4 confirmed within the 172. Brigade and maybe 4 more with the 9. Brigade - there are probably close to 20 but surely not 60.

Or what makes you believe that high number?
Why only 20? The J-20 has been in production since March 2017 ... that's nearly 2 years!

Ah ... someone who plays the :taz: !

Fine ... so let the game begin.

Why only 20? The J-20 has been in production since March 2017 ... that's nearly 2 years!
I'm a bit conflicted about this. On the one hand, I want China to have as many fifth-gens as possible; on the other, I feel it would be a wasted investment if China ramped up production without having the WS-15 ready. Is it feasible to retrofit 100+ AL-31/WS-10 J-20s with WS-15s?

Back
Top Bottom