What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

img-48f5665f906f40479923544d6c8573ce.jpg
img-a50de01c5e63865c8aad8bf6bd7fcf7f.jpg

Oh please ... in English!!

The gist of the information is that:

1) Liming has the capability to enhance the thrust of existing AL-31F series engines due to the process of test flying and inducting the J-20s.
2) J-20 has higher internal fuel storage than that of any SinoFlanker variant.

The gist of the information is that:

1) Liming has the capability to enhance the thrust of existing AL-31F series engines due to the process of test flying and inducting the J-20s.
2) J-20 has higher internal fuel storage than that of any SinoFlanker variant.

I dare to bet, the Chinese can even replicate a whole AL-31F. As I say its a hybrid of AL-31/WS-10 technology. The easiest way to upthrust a existing engine is to install a more superior fan blade that can withstand higher temp and longer duration.

Finally, fan blade is considered the most crucial and difficult parts to make inside a engine due to the fact, it need to withstand the highest temperature inside the engine and not to mention , spinning in high speed while need to work for thousand of hours without breaking....

I dare to bet, the Chinese can even replicate a whole AL-31F. As I say its a hybrid of AL-31/WS-10 technology. The easiest way to upthrust a existing engine is to install a more superior fan blade that can withstand higher temp and longer duration.

Finally, fan blade is considered the most crucial and difficult parts to make inside a engine due to the fact, it need to withstand the highest temperature inside the engine and not to mention , spinning in high speed while need to work for thousand of hours without breaking....
Where is your evidence for this claim? The AL-31F is not a WS-10 hybrid ... at most the Chinese made some minor adjustments but nothing close to a hybrid

Where is your evidence for this claim? The AL-31F is not a WS-10 hybrid ... at most the Chinese made some minor adjustments but nothing close to a hybrid
If u can make a higher grade fan blade better than AL-31 F one, basically it's not an original anymore.

A TU-4 looks like a B-29, can we say it's 100% a B-29? External look can be deceiving. One thing for sure, SAC liming is capable of tweak basic AL-31 engine into better performance for their own need.

This does make sense. China has not officially purchases AL-31FNs from Russia last year yet squadrons of J-10B/Cs still entered service.

First time I've noticed fuel tanks on this beast. Is that something that has been seen before or is that a PS?

Is there a published operational range without drop tanks?
Wasn't this fuel tank image taken from a prototype like 3 years ago? Def not a PS if so

Back
Top Bottom