What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

No.15 of the 01 batch count from 2011.

Thanks a lot for that insight since it would - at least give an argument to - my theory: All demonstrators are just J-20 whereas the 'prototypes' are of the revised configuration J-20A.

Since from 2011 to the current ones no dramatic changes were incorporated it makes sense to allocate them one progressive c/n ... But does that mean that the one after '2017' was in fact '2101'?

Deino

Thanks a lot for that insight since it would - at least give an argument to - my theory: All demonstrators are just J-20 whereas the 'prototypes' are of the revised configuration J-20A.

Since from 2011 to the current ones no dramatic changes were incorporated it makes sense to allocate them one progressive c/n ... But does that mean that the one after '2017' was in fact '2101'?

Deino

2101 was originally denoted 2018.

2101 was originally denoted 2018.

Fine .. that fit's perfectly. Just give a bit more time and I come up with an estimation ...

:-)

based on Henry K.'s old list from mid 2017.

J-20A production estimated.jpg

So there could be many more given that half a year has elapsed? Maybe double the number?

Unlikely even if an increase in rate can be noted.

Given these estimations - about 1 aircraft per 1.5 or 2 months - surely not double esp. since from Jan-June 5 were built - so that between June/July and now November 3 more + '2021' are likely.

J-20A production estimated 2.jpg

Last edited:
214601bpygp41hp1np8hio.jpg

J-20 with EOTS installed

Having an unreliable source is just as bad as having none at all ... so far, no reliable sources have claimed that there is going to be 4 production lines in the near time. They all suggest that J-20 mass production can only be attained after the WS-15 incorporation ...

Why news source such as Sina/CCTV are unreliable? because they tell things not agreed with a nobody such as you?
You are wasting my time here.

214601bpygp41hp1np8hio.jpg

J-20 with EOTS installed

Why news source such as Sina/CCTV are unreliable? because they tell things not agreed with a nobody such as you?
You are wasting my time here.
Sina is often unreliable. That is just the reality of such enthuasist sites. I never said CCTV was unreliable ... did CCTV ever claim that there was 4 J-20 production lines? Or was that something a Sina fanboy spoke of? You should check your sources before posting from Sina. No Big Shrimp has ever spoke of “4 production lines” currently or how the number of J-20s will magically surpass those of F-22s within 1-2 years ... and yet Sina writes some nonsense and you buy into it

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom