What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

wihch one WS-10B or WS-10 IPE?:undecided:

The name is irrelevant, the WS-10B and WS-10 belong to two different generations.

The WS-10 got many optimization with the improvement of thrust and lifespan, and the WS-10B will experience the same. So the WS-10B in the near future will have higher thrust and longer lifespan than the current one.

The name is irrelevant, the WS-10B and WS-10 belong to two different generation.

The WS-10 got many optimization with the improvement of thrust and lifespan, and the WS-10B will experience the same. So the WS-10B in the near future will have higher thrust and longer lifespan than the current one.
And current one thrust are 140 KN as you stated:undecided:

Yep, the WS-10B starts with 140KN just like the WS-10 started with 120KN.

That's why the WS-10B is considered as the 4th gen, while the WS-10 is the 3rd gen.
I have two questions.

1. Is there any link of official source for the number of trust of WS-10B?
2. Is there any link of rumour source for the number of trust of WS-10B?

I have to admit I didn't do much research on this. But I suppose you are the expert.
Could you please help?

Thanks!

Thanks again, but just a few more questions here and in the engine thread ...

So the initial batch of the J-20A2 will equip the 140KN one, while the later ones will have the 155KN.

And also that You call this J-20 the A2, so all AL-31FX-powered current LRIP-aircraft are J-20A1?

Thanks a lot again,
Deino

I have two questions.

1. Is there any link of official source for the number of trust of WS-10B?
2. Is there any link of rumour source for the number of trust of WS-10B?

I have to admit I didn't do much research on this. But I suppose you are the expert.
Could you please help?

Thanks!

I am no expert, the specs of the WS-10B was unveiled in last year's Zhuhai show.

Thanks again, but just a few more questions here and in the engine thread ...

And also that You call this J-20 the A2, so all AL-31FX-powered current LRIP-aircraft are J-20A1?

Thanks a lot again,
Deino

Many big shrimps are making that kind of distinction.

So I'm not that off?

But jsut for the J-10B-version ? Is it now a WS-10B or a WS-10A2 ?

More likely the most primitive version of the WS-10B, also without the stealth nozzle.

I think there is the proof that indicates that the most optimized version of the third gen WS-10 could be close to 140KN, but they are still third gen, so no need to make a standalone exhibition for them.

I am no expert, the specs of the WS-10B was unveiled in last year's Zhuhai show.
Thanks, we all know that WS-10B is officially confirmed in Zhuhai show.

But what I want to learn is it's trust. You are refering to a number > 150 KN, while I found some reports of the Zhuhai show saying something about 140KN.

I know that even for WS-10B, there are different optimizations that could lead to different trust. What I suppose is the number >150KN comes from some rumor or official source. Is it true?

What I get from sina is 142KN
Link:http://mil.news.sina.com.cn/jssd/2017-03-15/doc-ifychhus1398358.shtml

Another issue and maybe anyone here can help !

I got a mail from the publishers of Air Forces Monthly since they saw that latetst high-resolution J-20 image for the Sky Hunter film.

They asked me if I would know the photographer, if I can arrange a contact and ask if they can use that image for their magazine!???

Any idea how to handle that issue and all help appreciated.

Deino

But that's the point: they are maybe, probably or whatever referring to the FC-31 and H-XX but saying J-31 and H-20 fighter !

I know what they wanted to say, but they did not and that's the point especially since some certain members here try to take each and every such report for holy gospel.
Deino, wondering what did you mean actually... and to whom you pointed to by your loose statement.

Btw, for me there is no such holy gospel, and I definitely don't expect such transparency or much disclosure in military realm incl. the related industries as well as the insiders/commentators/experts/retirees there... it's simply against the principal nature of military things! They just tell or disclose on the need-to-know basis. Ofc the fans and outsiders may feel frustrated with the lack of info :-) but all should be realistic.

Deino, wondering what did you mean actually... and to whom you pointed to by your loose statement.

Btw, for me there is no such holy gospel, and I definitely don't expect such transparency or much disclosure in military realm incl. the related industries as well as the insiders/commentators/experts/retirees there... it's simply against the principal nature of military things! They just tell or disclose on the need-to-know basis. Ofc the fans and outsiders may feel frustrated with the lack of info :-) but all should be realistic.

Agreed, for me too and that reply was surely not meant as a direct reply to You. I only want to point out that taking statements esp. from Newspapers and TV as pure gospel is sometimes even very much wrong.

I remember certain old discussions with some very special members here that saw such a post and insisted that they are fact: In this case there MUST be a J-31 and H-20 fighter since it is a more reliable source than that strange German ... and that behaviour is IMO plain wrong and stupid in fact.

Thanks, we all know that WS-10B is officially confirmed in Zhuhai show.

But what I want to learn is it's trust. You are refering to a number > 150 KN, while I found some reports of the Zhuhai show saying something about 140KN.

I know that even for WS-10B, there are different optimizations that could lead to different trust. What I suppose is the number >150KN comes from some rumor or official source. Is it true?

What I get from sina is 142KN
Link:http://mil.news.sina.com.cn/jssd/2017-03-15/doc-ifychhus1398358.shtml

140KN = current version
155KN = possible optimized version in the near future

The WS-10B starts with 140KN, while the WS-10 started with 120KN, and the WS-10 has been optimized to 135KN, so we won't rule out the possibility that the WS-10B in the near future could be optimized to 155KN.

BTW, I think the rumor about the 155KN WS-10G was referring to the optimized goal for the WS-10B.

I think @Deino can also agree me on that.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom